WonderSeeker

Men's fashion tips?

23 posts in this topic

This is surface-level stuff, but still relevant. A dating coach recently posed this question to me: "How do you dress when you know that women will see you?" As guys, we very seldom ask this because some of us assume that women don't give a damn about looks. After going in public and observing how people dress as an experiment (which I highly recommend you try), I realized that most women dress up very carefully and deliberately to look attractive. Although not a dealbreaker, it follows that style is pertinent in seduction.

Speaking form your own experience, how did you find your style that's both attractive and that suits you? 

@WonderSeeker it depends on the girl of course, but me personally am attracted to men of style.  But you should develop your own style because you want to and not to try and impress a woman.  

you should take a look at this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Be-Man-Behavior-Gentleman/dp/0847835472

its interesting and humorous - styling and life tips for the ‘modern gentleman’ My boyfriend has it and I’ve also read through it. It’s a really nice quality book.  

Also take a look at this Prada menswear runway collection for winter ‘21/22... now I’m not saying you need to buy Prada, but the styling here is top! 
This is setting the trend for clothing this year. 

This is all to say that you’re interested in creating your own style and want some inspiration :)  

Edited by intotheblack

15 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

Also take a look at this Prada menswear runway collection for winter ‘21/22... now I’m not saying you need to buy Prada, but the styling here is top! 
This is setting the trend for clothing this year. 

This is all to say that you’re interested in creating your own style and want some inspiration :)  

Jesus Christ, I've never seen anything like this before! xD Very interesting.

24 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

But you should develop your own style because you want to and not to try and impress a woman.  

That's the plan -- thank you for sharing! :) 

2 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

This mofo's the guru on that.

"Wear khakis and a plain shirt"

"guru" xDxD

3 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

Jesus Christ, I've never seen anything like this before! xD Very interesting.

Haha. Yeah, there are some radical patterns going on and your average joe wouldn’t dare to dress like that.  But you get the picture, nice polo shirts, cardigans and loafers! 

7 minutes ago, Godhead said:

Wear khakis and a plain shirt"

"guru" xDxD

??? 

55 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

am attracted to men of style

Lolz.

I'm not friendly.

1 minute ago, Evil Raccoon said:

Lolz.

Ha.  There is a difference between fashion and style..

I like this one: you just have to change the colors, lower the U-cut and BOOM! You're Aladdin! Who would've thunk it.

prada-14.jpg

Edited by WonderSeeker

1 hour ago, Myioko said:

16fc23cccc4e2eaeaa7d6c1eaff2e67b.jpg

I like the jacket on this one. It's deliberately long with calm, neutral colors. I think my style is black and grey t's with dull-colored shorts in the warm months. Winter's more complicated because layers are involved, and it's currently below zero Fahrenheit where I live O.o

It's funny because after I posted this I started looking up different people who I know dress well. I used to watch lots of hockey and everybody always talked about how well Henrik Lundqvist dressed:

Henrik.jpg

Henrik2.jpg

Edited by WonderSeeker

9 hours ago, Myioko said:

Hans Solo was a sort of charming masculine character (even if he was a bit of a douche)

He was charming precisely BECAUSE he was a bit of a douche.

I'm not friendly.

@Lyubov I'm not good enough to pull that one off :( 

@datamonster I've never been obsessed with looks. It's more about finding a balance: you want to dress in clothes that make you feel like yourself and look good too. I have plenty of outdoors clothes like Eddie Bauer fleeces and hiking shorts/pants. Love them, but sometimes practical clothes aren't the best to wear 24/7. I'm just looking for variety and different clothes for different settings. Anyways, thanks for the well-rounded advice!

5 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

He was charming precisely BECAUSE he was a bit of a douche.

Ha! :D "Women always figure out the truth. Always." -Han

Clothes aren't really gonna get you laid, neither is having big muscles.

I've seen dudes with impeccable style and muscles fail miserably with women, when I, rather slim and dresses "incorrectly" still get women chasing me.

@True Friend I agree. I wasn't saying that clothes will get you laid per se. I was just pointing out not to dress like a douche. ;) 

20 hours ago, True Friend said:

Clothes aren't really gonna get you laid, neither is having big muscles.

I've seen dudes with impeccable style and muscles fail miserably with women, when I, rather slim and dresses "incorrectly" still get women chasing me.

Well, why dress like shit and get girls when you can look good and also get girls? 

I'm not friendly.

osho1.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.