andyjohnsonman

How to be an actualized parent?

9 posts in this topic

I was thinking about whether or not you should guide your children in how to live. It seems to be a tricky balancing act as they could just completely do the opposite of what you tell them and as we know the best way of learning is through making mistakes yourself and evolving through seeing the limits of your current stage of consciousness. Theres also the problem of totalitarianism, moralising and preaching which is important to avoid. With that been said it seems just leaving them to their own devices seems to be unwise too as they will end up falling into so many traps so the question is how to navigate this tricky terrain? 

Edited by andyjohnsonman

Give them tools, information and resources. 

Interact and ask them questions. 

Spark their curiosity. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Dont always assume you know better than them. Let their natural intelligence guide them too!

Most importantly... always say sorry if you have yelled or god forbid hit them, always keep communication open!

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

there's a subject called conscious parenting and other similar topics that you may interested in !

Personally I'd encourage them to understand that they don't need to avoid suffering. That they grow stronger when they are in pain.

There is an analogy of a butterfly. During the transformation of the Caterpillar to the butterfly, the butterfly struggles to push itself out of the cocoon, developing strength in doing so. If you, being the kind hearted person you are, seen the butterfly struggling, and helped it out of its cocoon, you would actually be doing incredible damage to it. See the strength that it is required to summon, in order to push itself out of the tight spot...is the strength with which it survives after it leaps into the wild. 

Similarly, I think we are cutting our children out of their cocoons far too much these days. I'm not saying to be heavy handed, but wisdom is as important as love. And wisdom tells me, the harder that child is trained at a young age, the more robust it will be as an adult❤️