Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Folks please don't drink tap water, seriously

34 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAb said:

No it's not. Glacial ice and water is formed by very different processes than rainwater is. 

And it's nowhere near distilled water's composition.

It's also not exactly a matter of where it evaporated, but rather where it participated. 

Also not. Maybe in India that's the case, so I'm not gonna argue on that one. Like I mentioned previously it's a matter of where you live.

I've never disputed that the quality of tap water depends on the place. It does of course. 

But in general it contains many toxic ingredients that are removed by RO. 

And the bottle water you drink is basically RO water. 

If the tap water was just as same as the bottle water, they would simply fill bottles with tap water and sell it. They wouldn't need to spend a ton on processing it. 

So yes your bottled water is always different from your tap water. 

The only exception being places that have mountain water or glacial stream water where the water is quite pure and doesn't need much processing. These places are some of the least polluted in the whole world but most cities all around the world don't have such luxury. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Some people in this forum are actually pretty funny. I was just asking for some kind of evidence more than just "Tap water is bad" and people get so triggered loli

I actually drink always water from the supermarket because indeed tap water *seems not really clean (it has a kind of smell and is usually less cristalina/light to drink).

But precisely because I am doing It because of intuition and not because of solid facts, i was wondering if some people would know more than I do on the topic.

Seems everybody is just doing it out of intuition and common sense. Nobody is actually seeing tests of purity of supernarket water Vs tap water 

And of course tap water from some countries or cities will vary a lot from others. That have to be taken Into consideration too

You don't need hard facts or evidence  for something that is obvious. 

I don't have much info but I can tell from common sense that there is quite a difference between RO and tap water. 

And I saw the same difference in the US. I had to stop drinking tap water there. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

If the tap water was just as same as the bottle water, they would simply fill bottles with tap water and sell it. They wouldn't need to spend a ton on processing it. 

So yes your bottled water is always different from your tap water. 

That's basically often the case. 

Not every bottled water is the same. Thus the price range. This is actually information so easy to find that I'm not gonna go into that.

Is it always different? Probably not, I'm not saying that it's got exactly the same anion/cation/molecule composition, but the differences are often very minor. And that composition is where the water's taste comes from.

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

And the bottle water you drink is basically RO water

I'm getting some major insights how modern marketing affects people, lmao.

11 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I actually drink always water from the supermarket because indeed tap water *seems not really clean (it has a kind of smell and is usually less cristalina/light to drink).

Yeah, after moving to the UK, tap water first tasted like a rusty nail.

It's affected a lot by the actual water line, how old your pipes are etc., and to the smaller extent by coagulation and flocculation.

15 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Seems everybody is just doing it out of intuition and common sense. Nobody is actually seeing tests of purity of supernarket water Vs tap water 

Everybody is, sadly, not always right. Quite simple to notice. Thankfully there is some minority, that actually knows its shit and takes care that others don't kill themselves. And yes, there are people doing tests as such.

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You don't need hard facts or evidence  for something that is obvious. 

That's often exactly what you need, and it's not the case of bottled water, but a lot of different things in life.

Surprised to see such a statement on a self development forum.

15 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I don't have much info but I can tell from common sense that there is quite a difference between RO and tap water. 

Not much to add really.

Wow what a cringe test.

@JohnnyAb  I don't like your insulting closed minded way of talking. 

You don't have to make a caricature out of a post simply to one up me. I already said that it's not about debate. 

Nobody is telling you to not drink your tap water in your house. Drink it. If you're OK with it.

I just made a simple post with the best intentions to spread awareness about how bad tap water can be.. 

The simplest explanation why it's bad is something that even a fourth grader can understand. You have pipes that contain lots of heavy metals no matter how new they may be, in every sense the water supplied to you is just not pure. Where do you think all the pollution of the world is dumped? This world is interconnected, there are very few places in this world that don't have any pollution at all. 

Most places are heavily industrialized in this century. A lot of heavy metals are going to be drained into the soil. Do you think local water bodies are absolutely free from such pollution? Then you are lacking the most basic knowledge. Can't help such people. 

I'm surprised that I'm receiving insults for explaining such basic things, that too for the good of people, because I have concern for their health and its being blown way out of proportion, so ridiculous. 

I'm tired of arguing with you, no patience to keep defending myself on such basic things. 

If you're going to be so closed minded about it, sorry I can't help with that. 

Like the other user said it's impossible to convince some folks. 

I don't have a water filter, I usually put a slice of lemon in my tap water and let it sink in for around 30 minutes.

Why would you argue about this lol ??

Just don't take the risk.

Only drink filtered water & then there's no loss. 

Even though I am scientifically ignorant, there's more than enough research to suggest that tap water probably isn't safe, therefore I drink filtered water. 

Couple years back the water in my flat (and in most of the city) was awful. This is UK i'm talking. 

I could barely drink it it tasted so bad. I also had a ton of mental issues & got sick a lot. Unfortunately I didn't know of any of this stuff back then. 

Just don't take the risk.

I could go electrocute my testicles right now & I haven't actually tested whether that's risky, but I'm not taking the risk so I can't lose.

(xD I know that's silly analogy, I just wanted to say that)

Edited by Striving for more

@Javfly33

Well it's not exactly rocket science.

Bottled water will contain microscopic plastic particles because well it's usually in plastic bottles. If you get glass ones, that might be a big plus.

Tap water can contain pretty much anything depending on your country. For instance, if you live in an old building, you may have copper/lead pipes, hence having heavy metals in your tap water. Faced with that choice, I would choose microplastics.

The best way is to get a RO philter and process your water so it's as clean as possible.

There's overwhelming scientific evidence that the tap water where I live is safe. So I happily drink lots of tap water. I'm going to drink some extra now.

Hooray for science and evidence instead of beliefs, fear and superstition.

@Blackhawk this is not about belief or fear. 

Tap water tested in cities can often be bad because of the old pipelines leeching chemicals into it. 

Plus the local government bodies add chemicals to deodorize it. 

There is stuff added to the water. Fluoride and chlorine. 

Go research. 

You certainly shouldn't drink tap water in India, but in most of Europe, tap water is perfectly fine to drink.

I prefer tap water actually, because it is in movement, not stagnant water sitting in a plastic bottle for months on end. I am more worried about the chemicals that might get into my water from a plastic container.

To be fair, the tap water where I live comes from very deep underground, the only issue is that it is super hard and ends up destroying everything it touches eventually. Coffee machines, electric kettles, taps and even pipes tend to suffer from a buildup of calcite and don't last very long even with descaling.

@Dumuzzi then it's not good for health at all. Hard water affects kidneys. Even my effing grandmother knows this. 

Educate yourself please and stop drinking that water. 

India is not dirty as many people would think. 

We have clean sea bodies here in rural areas. 

Just because you see something on TV you shouldn't believe it 

But we're taught in school that any water in its natural form especially deep underground is hard water and is not safe at all. 

Indians are educated and so we prefer to filter the hard water. 

That's exactly what purification systems do. They filter hard water and remove the excess content that causes calcification and deposits. 

It's not good for health. 

Ive no clue how people in 21st century can actually defend drinking tap water.

Learn learn learn. Educate educate educate. 

It's goddamn 21st century and stop putting down India/Indians. 

This is taken from the web.

4zgl3i.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India I used to live in India, tap water isn't potable in general and there are many issues with pollution, including of water reservoirs. Tap water in Europe on the other hand is perfectly safe to drink, except for a few rural aread where Arsenic contamination is an issue. 

I know a lot of people are paranoid about tap water contamination, but I think it is an unnecessary fear, bottled water can just as easily be contaminated.

I'll give you one thing though, I had kidney stones once and I suspect the hard water we have here was partly to blame. But, in general, there is nothing to be concerned about.  

@Dumuzzi

1 hour ago, Dumuzzi said:

@Preety_India I used to live in India, tap water isn't potable in general and there are many issues with pollution, including of water reservoirs. Tap water in Europe on the other hand is perfectly safe to drink, except for a few rural aread where Arsenic contamination is an issue. 

I know a lot of people are paranoid about tap water contamination, but I think it is an unnecessary fear, bottled water can just as easily be contaminated.

I'll give you one thing though, I had kidney stones once and I suspect the hard water we have here was partly to blame. But, in general, there is nothing to be concerned about.  

OK this will be the last ill be discussing this.