Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Folks please don't drink tap water, seriously

34 posts in this topic

Trying to spread some awareness here. 

I saw a lot of people on here claiming that they drink tap water. 

Folks it's not healthy and not okay unless you're living on a glacial planet. 

I know there is a temptation to drink tap water directly, but next time you run to drink from a tap, please think about investing on an RO. Or other purifiers. 

You would end up spending thousands of dollars on health problems and needless suffering and prevent it if you save money and spend it on good clean water. 

It will reduce a lot of your health issues 

And try to get a good filtration system rather than a cheap one, it will save you a lifetime of headache. 

Invest on your health, rather than on your medical bills. 

More information on the subject on this thread 

Remember clean drinking water free of chemicals and pollutants is the first step to basic good health, so don't take it for granted. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thank you for the input. 

@Brandon Nankivell storm water and rain water is preferably better than the water from water bodies. 

It's water in its purest form. I love rain water or storm water. It's pure distilled. 

I generally use storm water during my witchcraft mabon, Samhain and Ostara. It's customary for me to collect storm water for the ritual. 

It's similar to drinking water from a glacier on a mountain. 

I always prefer fresh storm water directly collected at night/evenings during a hailstorm. 

4wbjr4.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

Why tap water is bad?

I yet have to come up with some kind of evidence or basis.

The guy who commented works on a water treatment company. Can you detail?

And this is impossible to prove it via anecdotical evidence i think

If you live in a country that is developing in some ways and still has dirty tap water it's an awful idea to drink. There are plenty of countries that only drink bottled water or use a filter for the tap. I think it depends where you live. I'm not 100% sold on tap water being unhealthy to drink. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Brandon Nankivell storm water and rain water is preferably better than the water from water bodies. 

It's water in its purest form. I love rain water or storm water. It's pure distilled. 

I generally use storm water during my witchcraft mabon, Samhain and Ostara. It's customary for me to collect storm water for the ritual. 

It's similar to drinking water from a glacier on a mountain. 

I always prefer fresh storm water directly collected at night/evenings during a hailstorm. 

4wbjr4.jpg

I tried Googling 'mabon' but the description is confusing. What is mabon?

And wouldn't rain water not have essential minerals in it because it hasn't run over rocks?

Most tap water contains heavy metals. 

I can only speak from my experience of being in India and  in the US. 

It's not healthy. 

Probably some European countries in the North have direct source to good water. 

I'm pretty sure in most countries, given global pollution levels in the soil and the level of metal toxicity in the world, it's definitely going to show up in the tap water throughout several countries. 

This is not so much about a country developing and not developing. In fact the more industrialized a country is  greater is the probability of environmental impact in that country, since its almost impossible to control environmental impact of industrialization, so you will find a lot of pollutants, heavy metals in the fish, fresh water bodies containing heavy metals.. 

In such circumstances no matter how clean the tap water looks, no matter how you think about it, it contains a huge dose of heavy metals unless you are getting access to pure water in remote regions. 

Also the government bodies add a lot of fluoride and other chemical products for both cleaning and deodorizing the local water supply to your home. 

If you look at the overall picture, you'll surely find clear evidence that tap water is not good for you. 

1 minute ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

I tried Googling 'mabon' but the description is confusing. What is mabon?

And wouldn't rain water not have essential minerals in it because it hasn't run over rocks?

I'm not talking about the mineral content. Just that it's distilled like pure clean water. 

If you want minerals, you might want to drink bottled water or get a remineralizing RO. 

@nistake some of the folks are not believing it. Maybe you can help them understand.

Well, you pretty much summarized the whole thing already.

The usual tap water contains lots of unwanted stuff (e.g. chlorine and that is is definitely not good for the human body in the long run). I don't feel like writing a detailed and long 'professional' opinion about this, because some people can't be convinced. If people still want to drink tap water even though the convincing facts and studies, well, so be it.

@nistake

Just now, nistake said:

The usual tap water contains lots of unwanted stuff (e.g. chlorine and that is is definitely not good for the human body in the long run). I don't feel like writing a detailed and long 'professional' opinion about this, because some people can't be convinced. If people still want to drink tap water even though the convincing facts and studies, well, so be it.

Exactly!! 

I'm like, those who want to drink, drink lol. 

Well then, case closed, I guess :D

The way I see it, you did your best. Spreading awareness about an issue is always a good thing if done skillfully. Other than that, it's pretty much pointless. You can't force it, otherwise it's gonna cause lots of resistance and that's counderproductive.

I wasn't meaning to start a debate on such an obvious thing. 

If some of the guys who don't want to believe what I said, then well, go do research online and look for yourself instead of simply contradicting me or assuming that I come from a country that has dirty water and using that as a condescending way to justify drinking your tap water.. 

A lot of people in my country won't be able to afford a purifier but that doesn't mean that they are drinking dirty water and dying. Otherwise more than half the population would have been dead by now. That's not the reason why I have a purifier. 

I've it because I know that chemicals like chlorine and a bunch other toxic metals are just not healthy and present in most tap water samples. 

So even if you think that your tap water is cleaner than mine, that's not the case, you are better off thinking that what you're drinking is really unhealthy long term, although you aren't dying instantly, it still does have long term ramifications and if you are really concerned about it, then you should go get a purifier. 

Anyway my job was just to make Public Service Announcement, not debate. 

Take it or leave it.

6 minutes ago, nistake said:

Well then, case closed, I guess

I said my last word and yes, case closed. 

4 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

Thoughts on rain water? (From Australia)

considering that microplastics have been found even in snow even in the north pole, I'd say it probably isn't safe. Who knows what else has a capacity to bind even to evaporated water. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

34 minutes ago, nistake said:

It very much depends on where you live. A lot of tap water in the world is no different than the one you buy in a bottle. 

Unwanted stuff eg. chlorine? Could you elaborate, because the above doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not talking about the mineral content. Just that it's distilled like pure clean water. 

If you were to hydrate yourself only with a distilled water, you'd have a really bad time.

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

No, it's neither pure, nor distilled. 

Drinking rain water in polluted areas so, yes, like India or US, may do you a very serious harm. In addition, rain water is mainly evaporated and diluted sea water (easy to see comparing the chemical compositions). It's also slightly acidic, if you've got any gut problems or acid reflux issues - please don't. 

Yes, it is safe, as long as your area isn't polluted, it didn't touch any buildings, or plants on its way down. Is it worth the effort though? Your choice, most of the areas are too polluted to consider it anyway.

Also please don't take anything you read on this forum, or in the internet, for granted. This very topic is a great example how misinformed some can be, and how they don't mind pushing this misinformation further. 

Edited by JohnnyAb

1 minute ago, JohnnyAb said:

It very much depends on where you live. A lot of tap water in the world is no different than the one you buy in a bottle. 

Unwanted stuff eg. chlorine? Could you elaborate, because the above doesn't make any sense.

If you were to hydrate yourself only with a distilled water, you'd have a really bad time.

No, it's neither pure, nor distilled. 

Drinking rain water in polluted areas so, yes, like India or US, may do you a very serious harm. In addition, rain water is mainly evaporated and diluted sea water (easy to sea comparing the chemical compositions). It's also slightly acidic, if you've got any gut problems or acid reflux issues - please don't. 

Yes, it is safe, as long as your area isn't polluted, it didn't touch any buildings, or plants on its way down. Is it worth the effort though? Your choice, most of the areas are too polluted to consider it anyway.

Also please don't take anything you read on this forum, or in the internet, for granted. This very topic is a great example how misinformed some can be, and how they don't mind pushing this misinformation further. 

Rain water in its pure form is distilled. I'm not talking about place here. Simply natural rain water. Just like glacial water. But like any other water body, if the rain water is collected in a polluted area, obviously it won't be good. 

I dont drink rain water everyday Lmfao.. I drink it occasionally during a ritual which is like once a year. And I am very careful on how I do it. It's in open spaces so I'm not collecting drops that have washed off surfaces on buildings. I am pretty careful about it since I'm not used to drink any natural water. I usually don't. 

My everyday drinking water is remineralized water from an RO as mentioned in the original post. I know that only drinking distilled water is not good and for that purpose, I've also attached the thread in the post to go through all details. 

Packaged drinking water that is bottle water is very different from tap water since it has been filtered using stringent processes.. 

I don't think my post was misinformed in any way. 

Of course you do research and not taking anything for granted. 

Thanks for adding the rain water detail. I didn't add it in the post while explaining it, because I thought the user was asking about just natural rain water, and not region specific. 

If there is no pollution in the area, then rain water is absolutely fine. 

I do take the risk of drinking rain water which is like hardly 2 spoons out of the bottle for the ritual because I do it like once a year, so I don't mind drinking a bit of natural water that way. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Rain water in its pure form is distilled. I'm not talking about place here. Simply natural rain water. Just like glacial water. But like any other water body, if the rain water is collected in a polluted area, obviously it won't be good. 

No it's not. Glacial ice and water is formed by very different processes than rainwater is. 

And it's nowhere near distilled water's composition.

It's also not exactly a matter of where it evaporated, but rather where it participated. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Packaged drinking water that is bottle water is very different from tap water since it has been filtered using stringent processes

Also not. Maybe in India that's the case, so I'm not gonna argue on that one. Like I mentioned previously it's a matter of where you live.