Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo Gura

Rand Paul's Masterclass In Gaslighting

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, traveler said:

You don't actually know that. That is the point.

And what if you are a pedophile?

We don't know for sure, but let's just say you are.

From now every time you post we'll just keep throwing the idea out there that you might be a pedophile.

We'll send a letter to your employer telling them you might be a pedophile. Hope you don't mind because it's possible you might be and who really knows? Let us be openminded here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So, what's the point of this thread? That there's good and bad ways to gaslight? What is gaslighting firstly?

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

From now every time you post we'll just keep throwing the idea out there that you might be a pedophile.

We'll send a letter to your employer telling them you might be a pedophile. Hope you don't mind because it's possible you might be and who really knows? Let us be openminded here.

If there was someone making that allegation it should definitely be investigated. That is my point. The people investigating might be a part of my degenerate friend group and will therefore avoid putting themselves in danger by saying I'm innocent. The other possibility is that I'm not, then the people investigating would be telling the truth, but the ones who made the allegation will still be sceptic.

I'm not on either side, I'm just trying to share my perspective on this. I'm not a P-word btw and I don't appreciate the metaphor you used, I might have made you irritated but then there is something there for you to look at. 

Edited by traveler

@traveler

21 minutes ago, traveler said:

If there was someone making that allegation it should definitely be investigated. That is my point. The people investigating might be a part of my degenerate friend group and will therefore avoid putting themselves in danger by saying I'm innocent. The other possibility is that I'm not, then the people investigating would be telling the truth, but the ones who made the allegation will still be sceptic.

I'm not on either side, I'm just trying to share my perspective on this. I'm not a P-word btw and I don't appreciate the metaphor you used, I might have made you irritated but then there is something there for you to look at. 

It's a common pattern here, people get irritated then type triggering labels, which can be knee-jerk, or is intentional to get you to be self conscious for a moment. Most common way is to react back, which is a mistake. If there's nothing else, let go, leave and move on from a discussion. Nobody can force another person to realize and change into a different perspective. 

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@traveler

It's a common pattern here, people get irritated then type triggering labels, which can be knee-jerk, or is intentional to get you to be self conscious for a moment. Most common way is to react back, which is a mistake. If there's nothing else, let go, leave and move on from a discussion. Nobody can force another person to realize and change into a different perspective. 

Well said, thanks.

I'm not a P-word btw and I don't appreciate the metaphor you used, I might have made you irritated but then there is something there for you to look at. 

Whooosh!

Over your head, Mr Pedo. Denying you're a pedo is exactly what a pedo would do.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Whooosh!

Over your head, Mr Pedo. Denying you're a pedo is exactly what a pedo would do.

Nice way to send black magic to someone.

10 minutes ago, traveler said:

Nice way to send black magic to someone.

Merely reflecting your logic back on you. Doesn't feel so good, does it? Maybe you will reconsider your logic.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Merely reflecting your logic back on you. Doesn't feel so good, does it? Maybe you will reconsider your logic.

You're not actually, you're just projecting me being opposed to you. Let me know what you perceive my logic to be.

5 hours ago, traveler said:

my logic to be.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:14 PM, traveler said:

Why are you guys so enraged by a different POV? Aren't we supposed to be open minded on here? What if the election was fraudulent?

Your logic is that all POVs are legitimate and we should be open to all POVs. By that logic, we should all be open-minded to the POV that you are a pedophile.

Why do you get so enraged by a different POV? Aren't we supposed to be open-minded on here? What if you are a pedophile and prowling for children on the forum? 

I would re-consider your logic. 

15 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Your logic is that all POVs are legitimate and we should be open to all POVs. By that logic, we should all be open-minded to the POV that you are a pedophile.

Why do you get so enraged by a different POV? Aren't we supposed to be open-minded on here? What if you are a pedophile and prowling for children on the forum? 

I would re-consider your logic. 

And the award for defeating Illogical logic goes to...... Forestluv! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'm done on this thread, my perspective is obviously not welcome. 

8 hours ago, traveler said:

I'm done on this thread, my perspective is obviously not welcome. 

Is being not welcome and being criticized the same?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 1/29/2021 at 2:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

Hey @Leo Gura are You using these mirroring tactics to show someone that it's wrong to cast doubt on the integrity of the election?      

There are videos and witnesses from the election that cast SERIOUS doubts on the integrity of the election. And gaslighting is employed both ways :>

By the way, where are the Emojis on this website?

Edited by iamme
Typo

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Is being not welcome and being criticized the same?

No.

They try to prove me wrong by using my own example with an emotional trigger word. The thing is yes, be openminded that that is a possibility if someone (Trump and many others in the case of the election) who actually knows me makes that accusation. If not and it's just some conspiracy theorist that doesn't know me at all that have no real evidence to support that claim (Leo), then it's probably not true, then it's probably just some nutcase trying to stir up drama. This is where their logic stop making sense, they don't know me so their accusations are empty, but there are many people that know a lot more about the elections than we do that have said that it is fraudulent, that is why we need to have an openmind.

They don't have a real argument against my point, that is why they resort to cheap manipulative tricks, using a trigger word with very negative connotations to trigger a defensive responds from me or to force me to change my stance or perspective. I'm not interested in having a childish fight over the Internet like that, that is why I'm pulling out of this if we are going to use these methods.

Edited by traveler
J

I don’t see the difference. Both are baseless accusations. 

17 minutes ago, traveler said:

No.

They try to prove me wrong by using my own example with an emotional trigger word. 

The point of spiritual mastery work (which is what this website is about) is to examine within why certain words or emotions are "triggering". A goal of spiritual mastery is equanimity. When you know who you are it's pretty impossible to be triggered, so work on that. Leo is pretty good at pointing where is work to be done :)

15 minutes ago, iamme said:

The point of spiritual mastery work (which is what this website is about) is to examine within why certain words or emotions are "triggering". A goal of spiritual mastery is equanimity. When you know who you are it's pretty impossible to be triggered, so work on that. Leo is pretty good at pointing where is work to be done :)

That is not my point, it is the intention behind it that is slightly triggering to me, not the word itself. Everybody gets triggered, Leo does too and I actually think he was in this case because I insulted his baby (the forum) and called him a swear word (closed-minded). 

Edited by traveler

No.

They try to prove me wrong by using my own example with an emotional trigger word. The thing is yes, be openminded that that is a possibility if someone (Trump and many others in the case of the election) who actually knows me makes that accusation. If not and it's just some conspiracy theorist that doesn't know me at all that have no real evidence to support that claim (Leo), then it's probably not true, then it's probably just some nutcase trying to stir up drama. This is where their logic stop making sense, they don't know me so their accusations are empty, but there are many people that know a lot more about the elections than we do that have said that it is fraudulent, that is why we need to have an openmind.

They don't have a real argument against my point, that is why they resort to cheap manipulative tricks, using a trigger word with very negative connotations to trigger a defensive responds from me or to force me to change my stance or perspective. I'm not interested in having a childish fight over the Internet like that, that is why I'm pulling out of this if we are going to use these methods.

Is it that you don't want your argument to be examined in its structure and reflected back to you?

Sure, emotionally heavy words are used. Can you see that it makes you invested to defend yourself against this kind of allegation? Putting yourself in Leo's or Forestluv's shoes, how else would you elicit self-reflection from someone in your position?

Btw, the election fraud claims have already gone through the judicial system and there was no large scale executed conspiracy to be found.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.