Cammy

Good contemplation questions

10 posts in this topic

Hi all! A rather simple request.

Could you share some questions that you ask yourselves after a session of meditation?

33 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Hi all! A rather simple request.

Could you share some questions that you ask yourselves after a session of meditation?

am i really this peaceful and happy all the time if i just let go of the thoughts? where's all those bad emotions and thoughts  that were in mind just before i started meditating? 

Edited by m0hsen

@Cammy What is the most important question I should be asking right now? 

It's funny because the answer to that question is that question. But seriously, it never fails, so give it a shot! 

16 hours ago, m0hsen said:

am i really this peaceful and happy all the time if i just let go of the thoughts? where's all those bad emotions and thoughts  that were in mind just before i started meditating? 

The answer is yes, that's your nature when you let go of the thoughts. It is like those bad thoughts are like ice, and as you let go of the thoughts they become like vapor more and more. 

26 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

The answer is yes, that's your nature when you let go of the thoughts. It is like those bad thoughts are like ice, and as you let go of the thoughts they become like vapor more and more. 

No don't try to have any answers for these, or come to a quick conclusions! these questions and smiliar ones are good to deeply contemplate and eventually come to a realization, and maybe aid you remove your identification with thoughts and emotions! worked for me last year by self-enquiry! :)

Edited by m0hsen

@nistake this is good.

I had major shifts when I tried to experience the boundary between sight and hearing or hearing and touching.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I would add a following exercise:

Look at something that is obvious to you, like your hand. It is obvious that your hand is your hand. Now look at something else, like a glass ow water. Obvious, right?

What is this obviousness?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2