StateOfMind

What are your insights about Reincarnation?

60 posts in this topic

Did you have any insights during an wakening about reincarnation/past lives?

if yes, please do share it with us...

Please don't tell me something you've read or heard, i want raw insights.

We are reincarnating constantly. When we have a glimpse of pure presence we are born again. Identification is what keeps us grounded in same (or rather very similar) reality.

my insight is that the pattern continues. There is no you that is going to reincarnate, but there is the energetic continuity of your pattern. a being with a similar basic configuration reappears. I think that it is the evolutionary nature of life, always taking another step, perfecting oneself, dancing the dance of karma

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

my insight is that the pattern continues. There is no you that is going to reincarnate, but there is the energetic continuity of your pattern. a being with a similar basic configuration reappears. I think that it is the evolutionary nature of life, always taking another step, perfecting oneself, dancing the dance of karma

how is this related to "physical death"?

Just now, StateOfMind said:

how is this related to "physical death"?

I don't know... How appears any life? Magically? Some pattern dissapear but the structure remains and starts again. Maybe not but I think that happens

Just realize that you aren't always there. You are not conscious all the time. When you take a psychedelic gaps are filled and weird things start to happen. You gain control over reality and you can more control over it. I experienced something like jumping between timelines - lack of stability. This is also why it's good to meditate - to learn how to be present no matter what.

I believe there is something like reincarnation after physical death. When your body is destroyed and you can no longer be attached to it, "you" will find something energetically suitable.

Edited by Username

3 minutes ago, Username said:

believe there is something like reincarnation after physical death. When your body is destroyed and you can no longer be attached to it, "you" will find something energetically suitable.

But "you" don't exist, that you is me, the dog, etc...so the only that could reincarnate is the ego. Is it possible? I believe yes. That's why is said that when you are enlightened there is not more reincarnation,. because there isn't ego , energetic structure, to continue

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall  It is all relative word game. However I don't think that ego = energetic structure.

I would compare human to plasticine. You start with some amount of it, you change it's shape and add/remove some over time. After death plasticine (energy) is left and it forms something else. There might be some kind of continuity. However it is relative thing to say that a person incarnated into something.

You can't be "FULLY enlightened" without complete destruction. If I take LSD I am enlightened but energetic structure is very similar and I still experience my body.

There is no self to be reincarnated. The self is a fabrication.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Username Yes, I think that this whole story of reincarnation comes from intuitions that ancient mystics have had, it does not have to be 100% correct, or not even approximately, but I do see interlocking patterns, predestined family histories, structures that evolve ... but it doesn't have to be true of course. About the totally enlightened idk, maybe you could be 99,9% enlightened, any Buda that is meditating all day,needs to be fed, egoless, just presence

These are my insights on reincarnation from my awakening experiences:

Every life is your past, present, and future life. 

There is no linear sequence to what lives you live.  If that were true, then that would mean there was a first life you lived and an end life you will live. This would mean that there was a beginning point to when you started living lives, but of course, as God(who is Absolutely Infinite) you never had a beginning, nor will you have an end. 

Linearity necessarily implies finiteness (which means there is a beginning and an end) but the amount of lives you lived/are living/will live is absolutely infinite, so how could it have had a beginning or end? With no beginning or end, there is no “next” or “before”.  Every point in Infinity is the very center! 

How could “you“ go to the “next” life when there is no such thing as “you” to begin with? This idea is born from the ego. It implies that there is some unique individual identity that moves on from life to life, but as everyone on this forum should understand: YOU HAVE NO IDENTITY.  

Your actual identity is God, which is all identities and none at the same time.  And God lives all lives at once, in the Eternal NOW. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

56 minutes ago, Username said:

We are reincarnating constantly. When we have a glimpse of pure presence we are born again. Identification is what keeps us grounded in same (or rather very similar) reality.

43 minutes ago, Username said:

Just realize that you aren't always there. You are not conscious all the time. When you take a psychedelic gaps are filled and weird things start to happen. You gain control over reality and you can more control over it. I experienced something like jumping between timelines - lack of stability. This is also why it's good to meditate - to learn how to be present no matter what.

Very good. Very, very good ?

17 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Username Yes, I think that this whole story of reincarnation comes from intuitions that ancient mystics have had, it does not have to be 100% correct, or not even approximately, but I do see interlocking patterns, predestined family histories, structures that evolve ... but it doesn't have to be true of course.

Maybe we look at it totally wrong and this is very biased linear perspective. If someone in "past" had similar energetical structure I might be able to communicate "telepathically" with them and because of that I think that it was past me. Traditional understanding of reincarnation makes sense only when we believe in time (which is false perception).

*By telepathy I mean communication based on similarity. You can communicate well with yourself because you are very similar to yourself ;) It's relatively easier to do that when you have similar core / or there is a polarization (eg. masculine - feminine) / or you are being in a state of no self.

17 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Username About the totally enlightened idk, maybe you could be 99,9% enlightened, any Buda that is meditating all day,needs to be fed, egoless, just presence

It depends how you define it. There can't be any existence without a falsehood. If you are too enlightened you may get disconnected from your body accidently.

Edited by Username

9 minutes ago, Username said:

If someone in "past" had similar energetical structure I might be able to communicate "telepathically" with them

no because there is no you. you and me are the same, but we have a structure that contains or shapes that being that is different. it is a strong, real structure. if it didn't exist we would be drooling with a huge smile. What I believe is that when our body dies, the shape of that structure will be reborn. since you are me, and all beings, you will also be that being limited with that structure. your future parents, your circumstance, absolutely everything that happens to you, every millimeter of your nails, will be predestined for the development of that structure. its the dance of karma. of course all of this could be false, nobody knows

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall  Really good explanation.

What I mean by telepathy is a glimpse of oneness. It works in a similar fashion to electrical circuit - certain parts have higher or lower resistance between them.

“You” are just a thought process, instead of living creature. (“Living creature” is s thought again).

@StateOfMind @Breakingthewall @Username

59 minutes ago, Username said:

ou can't be "FULLY enlightened" without complete destruction. If I take LSD I am enlightened but energetic structure is very similar and I still experience my body.

There is no body. Enlightenment is realization of “birth “ is just a thought. “You” have never “born” nor have a “body”, just a thought process, not even. Because even saying thoughts yo “thoughts “ is naming, putting meaning and labeling the so called “words”. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Username said:

@Breakingthewall  Really good explanation.

What I mean by telepathy is a glimpse of oneness. It works in a similar fashion to electrical circuit - certain parts have higher or lower resistance between them.

Thanks! About telepathy, I don't know , there are sometimes strange coincidences, so could be, many people claims that it's real 

26 minutes ago, James123 said:

“You” are just a thought process, instead of living creature. (“Living creature” is s thought again).

There is no body. Enlightenment is realization of “birth “ is just a thought. “You” have never “born” nor have a “body”, just a thought process, not even. Because even saying thoughts yo “thoughts “ is naming, putting meaning and labeling the so called “words”. 

i like that, but what happens when the "physical body" dies (or the idea that you have one)?

1 minute ago, StateOfMind said:

i like that, but what happens when the "physical body" dies (or the idea that you have one)?

Absolute formlessness and non duality probably.

Although maybe you imagine a universe again if you get bored. Depends on you