Grateful Dead

Studying during Fast

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I never fasted for a longer period (only did 16-8 interval fast for a year).

Now I want to do at least 3 days and if I can a 7 day water fast, just for basic body cleansing.

But I would have to write 15 sites as an assignment during that time. Do you think that could be a problem?

I have been doing intermittent fasting for over a year. And I have gone for a 3 day juice fast.

If you are going for a 3 day fast for the first time, it is highly recommended to avoid doing any kind of work; be it physical or mental. Your body may experience detox symptoms during a fast. And the mind needs willpower to persist. It would be advisable to be gentle with yourself and better take rest from work during this time.

If the assignment is crucial, I wouldn't do the fast tbh. Fasting should be done in times when the stress is the lowest. If you work on something important, your stress hormones will be slightly elevated and fasting also elevates your stress hormones so you'll be putting a lot of stress on your body. That plus the fact that an active brain can burn over 250g of glucose per day. If you are not well keto-adapted and will start burning ketones for the energy you may actually end up with mild headache....

TOO LONG DID NOT READ/ TOO COMPLICATED CANNOT BE BOTHERED -> save the fast for times when you will be able to chill and meditate the whole day :) Finish the assignment and then do the fast 

P.S. now that I know you're not an old overweight bearded guy, maybe you could pull it off anyway :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@acidgoofy

If it's a critical task that requires real focus, I wouldn't do it.

A fast is a time to focus on healing. That needs to be your main priority. You need to block off time as if you really were sick.

You may be able to do a little bit of work here or there, especially in the beginning, but I wouldn't count on it. I've had times during fasts where I could barely get out of bed.

I usually only do light stuff like play games or relax during a water fast. Maybe in the first 36 hours you might have luck with that though. I can hardly read a book the second day in. 

Thanks guys!!

I am already a bit stressed about my assignment so I'll start my fast after I finished it.

I am going to focus purley on the fast when I am doing it so I can benefit the most.

On 29.12.2020 at 0:13 PM, Michael569 said:

P.S. now that I know you're not an old overweight bearded guy, maybe you could pull it off anyway

haha yeah lol I am 25 and pretty healthy but since its my first real fast I better finish my task first

personally digestion slows me down, i am hard dry fasting now

so not soft dry fasting, not dry fasting, not water fasting, not even intermittent fasting, but no water contact and so far i'm feeling mentslly acute and sharp AAFFF

You will probably have no energy the 1st 2 days and then you'll feel better and better. I can promise you you will get way more done if you fast, you just have to get over the period of fatigue.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

I mean on the third day you should have pretty frequent periods where you are more way energetic than normally.

I would just drink black coffee / teas if you are sensitive to caffeine.

Green tea is a godsend while not in an extreme calorie deficit.

Suppresses your appetite.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz