NorthNow

IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!

33 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, roopepa said:

@SirVladimir So you wrote this? Very beautiful. It's hard to describe how these words make me feel. Joy, Truth, Love. Thank you.

I will absolutely check out your book some day.

That's what I do. I'm a simple fisherman; I fish for words and make sure others' trays are not empty for the dinner. The others deserve to be fed.

Edited by SirVladimir

On 12/29/2020 at 1:06 AM, Nahm said:

@LfcCharlie4

Very insightful. Did you by any chance happen to watch The Handmaids Tale, on Hulu I think?

One of the best series I ever watched! Helped me process some difficult emotions and gave me new perspectives on empathy/love.
Season 4 is on its way :x

@Nahm  No I haven't, but I'm going to now, thanks for the recommendation!

This was meant even on a 'relative' level how books / movies / TV Shows while incredibly entertaining contain great character journeys (heroes journey often) & teach great life lessons. Also, they're great fun to watch ;)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

?? Indeed. ?

Also, there’s a show called Evil (on Netflix I think) which really gets deep blurring all the lines of psychological issues, psychosomatic effects, in regard to paranormal / exorcisms, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@peanutspathtotruth @LfcCharlie4 @Nahm Have you guys seen Mindhunter on Netflix?

It's the best show I've seen so far.

It's based on a true story about the emerging of criminal psychology in the FBI in the 70s. The story is about a small group of agents who began interviewing serial killers in order to gain understanding of the psychology behind violent criminals.

If you love psychology, good acting, good dialogue, great characters and interesting & a little dark themes, this is a show for you.

Can you see the love in a serial killer?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@BlackMaze , yes, agreed. There are so many who live with hopelessness and fear and do not have the space to experience joy in their lives. Think of people grappling with poverty and illness, or refugees our so-called democratic governments imprison.

@Nahm @roopepa

Going to start these shows, right after I finish Dawson's Creek (lol) 

Not quite the reality exploring, deep dive into psychology but a very fun nostalgic watch about Teen life, which I definitely needed through such a period of solitude during Covid! 

Evil & Mindhinter first as Hulu will require a VPN...

I know it's mainstream but Black Mirror on Netflix does a great job of exploring various Technocratic Dystopias that we need to wary of, each episode is almost like an extension / variation of 1984 / Brave New World, it really makes you think how careful we need to be with Technology & with allowing the right leaders power...

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

Holy smokes yes. Lol. I loved black mirror! One episode triggered a few day spiritual ego dark night! That one where the guy logs in to his virtually reality at home...with the people from the office in it, where he controls reality. It was one of those ‘ah shit, there’s a wake up call here I don’t wanna process, but really know I need to’. It really is awesome how, like you pointed out, the ‘regular’ fiction stands to reveal and point to what we can let go...and get on with this celebration. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, roopepa said:

@peanutspathtotruth @LfcCharlie4 @Nahm Have you guys seen Mindhunter on Netflix?

It's the best show I've seen so far.

It's based on a true story about the emerging of criminal psychology in the FBI in the 70s. The story is about a small group of agents who began interviewing serial killers in order to gain understanding of the psychology behind violent criminals.

If you love psychology, good acting, good dialogue, great characters and interesting & a little dark themes, this is a show for you.

Can you see the love in a serial killer?

Only season 1 when it came out, I loved it! Gonna restart now, thanks for the recommendation. 

And @Nahm, gonna check out Evil as well :)

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah Black Mirror is great. It's weird how conscious, or deep some of the shows on Netflix are.

DARK is a very good show too. It's about time travel. Mindfuckery at it's finest.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

YES please, Black Mirror, ram it down my throat, lol! While we are swaying in this tech-related cocoon, have you guys seen the movie "Her"? It's about a man who falls in love with artifical intelligence. I don't wanna spoil much -- but my pocket Alan Watts sensor is beeping like crazy. :ph34r: