BlackMaze

Is there a way to produce more 5 meo dmt naturally?

34 posts in this topic

So, i watched the video about 5 meo and also some videos to see how a trip looks like. Since i don't want to travel to Mexico or even plan to trip anytime soon i wanted to ask if you know a natural way for the body to produce more of this good stuff. Is there a known practice that does this? 

@Tim R thank you! This very interesting. Sounds a little complicated for me but maybe it's worth the research. 

@BlackMaze

Breathwork like Wim Hof supposedly releases DMT. Do an hour of that and you'll be flying high, may even pass out.

@aurum oh ok. Holotropic breath then? Is this the reason shamanic breathing has this effect? Does hyperventilation produce it? 

Supposedly with dark room retreats, the brain releases natural dmt after 4-6 days. I'm not sure about the exact amount of days, but if you do the retreat even longer, the brain produces massive amounts of 5 meo dmt. At least that's what mantak chia teaches in the interview on london real.

*when we see no light, and hit a certain threshold of days, the melatonin in our brain converts to dmt, and then eventually to 5 meo dmt

Edited by EmptyVase
info

@BlackMaze I can't find any scientific studies to support whim hoff breathing and dark room retreats in producing DMT. It would be very interesting if science took these things seriously. 

Do you want to produce more 5-MeO-DMT naturally or do you want to experience non-duality?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

There's no separation between mind and body, so you don't necessarily have to hack your body or ingest a substance to get the same effect. Breathwork is good. I'd focus on eating a good diet, getting outside more and generally falling in love with life. Just follow your heart above anything else, it'll take you for a trip. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I did both 1P LSD and vaporizer 5 MeO DMT (plugging didn't work well for me). My most intense LSD trip was much more insightful that 5 MeO trip. Rectal LSD has a perfect duration, vaporizer 5 MeO is very short.

However 5 MeO DMT I would call energy tool (as Martin Ball do). It's so overwhelming. It's like LSD multiplied by a thousand. You can deny experiences from a LSD trip but not from 5 MeO DMT. It's so obvious when it happens. Plus I'm experiencing spontaneous  energetic phenomenas two months after tripping.

It's not just qualities of 5 MeO DMT that matters. You need sufficient amount of it to have that energetical impact.

"According to Hindu, the word Amrita was used to describe a drink known as soma. The legend says that Soma was given to the gods, making them immortal. The other meaning of Amrita refers to the nectar of immortality that it is said to flow through our pituitary gland into the back of the throat during the deeper stages of meditation, produced by the body itself. When you reach a state in meditation where your Amrita flows, it is said that you have achieved to reach a higher state of self-awareness and a deep sense of consciousness".

@cetus this is so interesting. I thought the drink of immortality was only a metaphor for awakening.

Stay cool & dry.

@Carl-Richard there is no possibility to try 5 meo in the near future. I want to know if there is a way to have at least a mini trip with my own supply. But other than that i also find it fascinating and want to know how this works. 

@mandyjw i don't disagree but i don't believe that it's exactly the same. But yeah i believe that a base line feeling is more important than just one or some profound psychedelic experiences. Still it's something that i want to experience one day. 

@cetus this is really interesting. Is this what is called kundalini? I never read about it sorry if the question sounds stupid. Is there a way to know that the Amrita started flowing? A physical sensation or something like that? 

@Shunyata  They are said to have used their tongue to "milk" the back/upper pallet to help stimulate the pineal gland. Some where said to have gone as far as severing their frenulum so that their tongue could have a better reach.

3 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard It's not scientifically proven that you can produce DMT naturally at high enough doses, similar to a phycedlics trip. 

Never said that. All I'm going to say is that N'N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT might exist in the brain. Compare the structure of melatonin (sleep hormone) and 5-MeO-DMT and try to tell me that atleast 5-Meo doesn't exist in the brain:

Melatonin.png            5meo.png

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

@Carl-Richard there is no possibility to try 5 meo in the near future. I want to know if there is a way to have at least a mini trip with my own supply. But other than that i also find it fascinating and want to know how this works. 

But why do you want to try 5-Meo?

The problem with trying to "naturally" increase the production of specifically one substance, out of a plethora of related substances, without ingesting specifically that substance, is that your body doesn't work like that. You can't just turn your body into an on-demand chemical delivery system without doing some serious "unnatural" alterations to your bodily functions.

Taking a precursor to substituted tryptamines like 5-HTP together with an MAOI, as suggested by the Erowid article, will mainly lead to an increase in serotonin (and other serotonin-like substances), which is obviously not going to just produce the effects of 5-MeO-DMT. Any effect from the tiny amount of 5-Meo that will be produced will just drown in the noise anyway. The only way to get the pure effect is to actually take the substance.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, cetus said:

They are said to have used their tongue to "milk" the back/upper pallet to help stimulate the pineal gland. Some where said to have gone as far as severing their frenulum so that their tongue could have a better reach.

This technique is called Khechari Mudra in Kriya Yoga. Through the technique of Talabya Kriya we can lengthen our frenulum.

Khechari Mudra is often combined with other yogic techniques, such as Kriya Pranayama, Maha Mudra or Yoni Mudra. This is done in order to 'open up the pathway' between the heart chakra and the third eye, so that the energy can flow easier along the spine.

I don't know how these techniques change our brain chemistry, but they indeed can be very consciousness altering.