Raptorsin7

Permanent Change From Psychedelic's

37 posts in this topic

@Forestluv Up until now i've been avoiding/fearful of doing heroic doses of mushrooms or LSD. My last trip I did about 3g of shrooms and I didn't get to a point where I could release the tension so I was kinda just stuck witnessing myself being stuck and on the verge of release.

I'm hoping that with higher doses, planning on doing between 5-6g next time, I'll be able to have the emotional release and then once I find a strong dose I'm thinking i'm going to do like Bi-weekly big trips and microdose in between the bigger trips. I've seen some studies that show microdosing actually can more positive effects than macro doses in some cases because of the growth effects on neurotransmitters on low doses I think. 

How exactly did the micro dosing help you "bridge the gap"?

24 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Forestluv Up until now i've been avoiding/fearful of doing heroic doses of mushrooms or LSD. My last trip I did about 3g of shrooms and I didn't get to a point where I could release the tension so I was kinda just stuck witnessing myself being stuck and on the verge of release.

I'm hoping that with higher doses, planning on doing between 5-6g next time, 

Bur you aren't planing to jump from 3 g right to 5-6 g, right? Did you have more than 3g sometime in the past already?

You mentioned the purpose of feeling inro tension and emotions and letting it go. Did you try shamanic breathing?  Being able to do that feeling-in and letting go during shamanic breathing, might better translate into a baseline skill than doing it on psychedelics . But granted, psychedelics are far more reliable to get you to that place in the first place.

Edited by GreenWoods

44 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Bur you aren't planing to jump from 3 g right to 5-6 g, right? Did you have more than 3g sometime in the past already?

Is it that much of a dramatic jump?

I've had about 10 LSD trips of between 100-200 ug and I've done one mushroom trip of about 3 grams. 

My trips have a consistent pattern of affecting my ability to release tension in the head and feel more deeply into what's happening in my experience. On the good trips the tension gets released and I get shifts in my perspective and how my body feels etc, the release always coordinates with heigheneted states of being. On the not so good trips, i've never had a really bad trip, I get stuck on some feeling and my mind ends up just ruminating about it, like how it is while sober, and because I can't release I just have to kinda wait it out with some mild discomfort. 

Do you think that pattern would changed on higher dose shrooms? I'm pretty confident that If i can surrender deeper into the feeling that it would release, i'm assuming a higher dose will just force me to a point of surrender and it will faciliate the release.

49 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Did you try shamanic breathing?

I've tried it but I can't discipline myself to the point where I can keep attention deep breathing for like 20-30 minutes plus. I always get distracted and aversive to the feeling and I can never get a rhythm with the breathe.

My hope is that after experiencing the emotional release, and the benefits, on psychidelics that it will be easier to sober as a result. Like a positive feed back loop.

@Raptorsin7  I'm too trying to acheive what you are. I was hoping a weekly dose of mushrooms would help me release tension held in my body, as I've realized the tightness is causing me to be disfunctional in alot of areas in my day to day life.

Abraham Hicks on psychedelics here underneath. 1:15 is a fine starting point which skips the questioners description of her experience on a psychedelic. Abraham Hicks is all about coming into alignment. One of the key points of it is that life is not about not being bothered by things but to create. With a substance like ayahuasca, there is a defocusing of resistance, but in alignment there an increased focus in alignment. So there is a difference

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Is it that much of a dramatic jump?

It's twice the dose lol. And it might not be a linear increase.

I don't have much experience with psychedelics, though. I've only taken them twice: 8 and 20 g of wet truffles. The 8 g  just gave me some mild oneness. On the 20 g the universe collapsed on the peak. No body, no room, no universe, no memory. I've actually been thinking that I was just unconscious, because I had no recall of it after the trip, only half a year later, suddenly a very tiny memory of it surfaced. Too subtle to be sure whether it is a real memory or not. Anyways, after the peak, memories of having been a human slowly appeared and they made no sense at all during the first minutes. So yeah I guess the 20 g were like 10× as intense as the 8g. 

So be careful with doubling your dose. And mushrooms are not LSD. Leo wrote some weeks ago something on the lines of that 4 g of dried mushrooms would bring him to the brink of insanity. 

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Forestluv Up until now i've been avoiding/fearful of doing heroic doses of mushrooms or LSD.

So if you are fearful of a heroic dose then don't just double the dose lol.

What's the issue with increasing the dose by 1 g every time? that's already playing with fire.

? I'm pretty confident that If i can surrender deeper into the feeling that it would release, i'm assuming a higher dose will just force me to a point of surrender and it will faciliate the release.

I believe if I had taken 15g instead of 20 g, it might have turned hellish. So yes, more surrender can happen with higher doses. But if it doesn't, you are totally fucked. 

I was exremely lucky. The 20g were so heavy, they left no room for resistance. But that was pure luck.

I've tried it but I can't discipline myself to the point where I can keep attention deep breathing for like 20-30 minutes plus. I always get distracted and aversive to the feeling and I can never get a rhythm with the breathe.

I have trouble breathing for long periods as well. For me, it's mainly because too little happens within the first 30 minutes as that it could make up for the amount of willpower you need to keep breathing. Therefore I do a more intense version.  Breathing in to the belly, breathing in to the chest, breathing out. Like Wim Hof explains. But I do it as deeply and quickly as I can. After around 40 breaths I have moderate tingly sensations in my hands. After 100 breaths they are crampy and it gets very painful. At that point I either decrease the intensity or do a breath hold and then start over again. The breathholds can eventually get very trippy.

If anyone wants to try this version, be careful. No Leo, Wim Hof or any responsible person would recommend it. All the bad side effects are far more likely to happen that way. 

Psychedelic is like an amplifier for your consciousness. The more conscious you are without it, the deeper you can go with it. It can definitely permanently change you, you just need to go deep enough. This means it's best to become more conscious without it first, then use it to ground your awakening. So do the work in life first, heal all your emotional wounds, build a good and stable life, overcome all your fears, and continue to do practice to reach a state of pure beingness. Then you can use psychedelic to go all the way and awaken, anything before can only be glimpses, they are useful but won't last. Follow your heart and love. 

Edited by erik8lrl

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I'm hoping that with higher doses, planning on doing between 5-6g next time, I'll be able to have the emotional release and then once I find a strong dose I'm thinking i'm going to do like Bi-weekly big trips and microdose in between the bigger trips. I've seen some studies that show microdosing actually can more positive effects than macro doses in some cases because of the growth effects on neurotransmitters on low doses I think. 

How exactly did the micro dosing help you "bridge the gap"?

To me, it looks like you are seeking an event in which something happens. Like going to the dentist and getting a root canal. 

By “bridging the gap”, I mean more of a development or integration. For example, perhaps during a trip the inter-relatedness between intuition, thought and object reality is revealed - yet it is out of reach at my current baseline level. A mini-dose can shorten the distance so it is within reach. Sorta like learning Spanish in which a native speaking is talking waaay too fast and I can’t catch any of it. If she slows down, it “bridges the gap” between non-understanding and understanding - which allows for partial understanding, learning and growth.

In general, I would say my maximum growth progress occurs with about 70% of “getting it” and 30% beyond my current level. 

On 13.12.2020 at 9:04 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

Has anyone had an experience on psychidelics that led to permanent changes in your conscious experience. 

Each time I take a trip I am subtly hoping to have some kind of revelation that will permanently change me for the better.... but most times what happens is I will have a sense that I've gone deeper into myself and had some positive insights and moments but ultimately I end back to my baseline state of consciousness with virtually no different pre and post trip.

What are some of the most profound changes that can happen from a single psychidelic experience?

Any other thoughts or insights are appreciated. 

My psilocybin trips seemed to get me closer to my emotions. There is less in between of feeling emotions and expressing them. Less layers & more acceptance, love and feeling.

In daily life I am "closer" to the being that I feel in "others" and closer to a connection their being. "My" being feels more grounded.

In general I am more playful and childlike. Deeper felt curiousity.

In terms of extroverted intuition (Ne - cognitive function) thoughts are more all over the place: Less structural separation in thinking results in more thoughts with the structure of "this is like that".

Better perspective taking skills which are coming from a compassionate place - you are (like) me.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Nahm How?

Right now I would say I feel... a knot or pressure in the area of the eyes, I feel a tingling in my stomach, I feel a tension or pulse of energy between the head.

What's the point of writing about how you feel?

@erik8lrl I thought psychidelics can help you in all those areas?

If a person had all those facets of life settled then why would they be seeking in the first place?

A main driver of me using psychs is to help with emotional issues and get my life moving forward

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nahm How?

Right now I would say I feel... a knot or pressure in the area of the eyes, I feel a tingling in my stomach, I feel a tension or pulse of energy between the head.

You can always get checked out by a doctor of course, otherwise the head tension is from holding onto beliefs & perspectives which won’t jive with feeling. The tension is the resistance / the holding onto what you don’t agree with / what doesn’t resonate. The thought might arise ‘but I don’t know what beliefs & perspectives I’m holding that don’t feel good’. Let that thought come & go, and feel. When you don’t like how you feel, stop and write about what you’re thinkin. Get it in front of the eyes so you can see it, so to speak. 

A belief about yourself is a condition. You are actually unconditional. Feeling better is accomplished via letting go of your conditions. When conditions are not held, the unconditional true nature is no longer obscured, and feels great. 

What's the point of writing about how you feel?

Emotional intelligence. Discovering the beliefs & perspectives which don’t feel good to you, and letting them go. Using the emotional scale as a reference can be useful. 

There might also be the belief ‘something is wrong with me’. Then the belief ‘how I feel is not due to beliefs & perspectives’. Then the belief ‘I need x or I won’t feel better’. Feeling better is the result of letting what doesn’t feel good to you, go. When the beliefs & perspectives which don’t resonate are let go, what is is found to be, great. 

What you want, is good feeling. Imagine if what you wanted was water, and each time you were a few steps from the fountain - you bailed, and asked about how to get water. This would result in tension of the head after a while. Instead, relax the body, and breathe. Feel whatever arises. Continue to relax, and breathe. Focus on seeing, hearing, feeling. Allow emotions and thoughts to come and go. Don’t suppress, don’t avoid, don’t fear, don’t react to thoughts about feeling....just relax, breathe, and gently focus on seeing, hearing, & feeling. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In the beginning, LSD increased consciousness and awareness. Also open-mindedness. This certainly has spilled over my sober awareness. I find myself having "at the moment" experiences much more frequently despite not meditating as much as I plan to. I also became more open to ideas and WAY, WAY less ideological.

Now it seems to increase identification with the ego during the effect. I think of how awesome I am and how I'll crush my enemies and how secret government agencies are watching me but no mystical insights. Funny isn't it? I ain't getting many benefits from using it again so I'll take an extended break.

I only tried mushrooms at the beginning of my consciousness journey but they seem to do a better job at increasing consciousness for me. This is also true for weed.

Edited by Espaim

@Raptorsin7 They can heal you. It goes both ways. But everyone is different. It is easy to see psychedelic as a short cut tho. What it can show you and what it will heal totally depends on how much you are willing to let go. With a high enough dose, it can definitely shock you open. However, as I said, unless the awakening is total, you will go back to before if you don't do work after it to integrate the insights. To see a change in your life, you need to integrate all the insights as soon as you finish the trip and continue to do so every day. You need to have behavior change and stick to them. Just gaining insight is not enough. You need to embody and live them. 

@Raptorsin7 Regarding op, what came to mind was that there are moments over the day where I feel how there is something in my experience that I can't make sense of: Something that I knew or had an explanation/interpretation/label for that now feels unknown, like having once taken off the glasses and now & then remembering how the world looked like without it... It's curious how the mind works.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.