BlackMaze

Please define enlightment

58 posts in this topic

What does enlightment mean? 

What i understand is to know that you are the watcher so deeply that you don't get lost in senses emotions and thoughts and make an identity out of them. It's like a movie and you let everything unfold while you rest in peace. There is also joy. 

What is it? What are the levels of it? Is it just the deepness of what i described? Is it something else? 

If you are free with most of identification are you not enlightened? Doesn't this get deeper with time? Time is man made but you know what i mean. 

I am not btw. However i started having glimpses of this more often lately after reading spiritual books. I am currently reading the untethered soul. The same effect has the power of now and other books like the book i read on weed. It does not matter as long the book feeds you pointers. But it soon passes and i am still my thoughts again. 

Edited by BlackMaze

This is stickied in "Leo's Practical Guide to Enlightenment" -

What Enlightenment Is:

A sudden massive shift in awareness where one becomes directly conscious of one's ABSOLUTE nature.

"You" and "the world" merge, erasing the physical distinction between self, other, and world.

The realization that you are reality itself, and not merely a "self" inside of reality.

The realization that "you" do not exist, and never have existed.

An experience beyond all experience.

TRUTH!

What Enlightenment Is NOT:

A meditative state

A vision or an energetic experience

A psychedelic experience

A belief, a model, a theory, a concept, an idea, an ideology, a rational knowing, a philosophical position

A psychological change

Emotional mastery

The cure to all your bad habits and evil ways

A form of self-improvement or self-help

Understanding of everything under the sun (omniscience)

Depersonalization disorder

Atheism

Nihilism

Existentialist philosophy like: Sartre, Nietzsche, Camus, Heidegger, or Kierkegaard

Religious faith or positive thinking

An OBE (out-of-body experience)

An NDE (near-death-experience)

Lucid dreaming

Becoming a good human being

The end of personal growth and development

The end of existential investigation (there are more insights to be had than just one, so don't get cocky)

Buddha-hood or mastery

A shiny achievement to put in your trophy case

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

@SourceCodo is this your definition? 

What is your experience with this? I don't mean how woke are you. I mean what did you actually experienced? 

@BlackMaze What does your intuition tell you? ;)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha :) 

My intuition started this thread and i wrote what my understanding is. I'm interested in your pov's in order to understand better. I haven't watched all actualized videos i'm on it. Just share your own definitions and experiences if you want. 

17 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@SourceCodo is this your definition? 

What is your experience with this? I don't mean how woke are you. I mean what did you actually experienced? 

This is not my definition. This is the owner of this websites definition. Look at the thread "Leo's Practical Guide to Enlightenment" - there are some wonderful resources in there and Leo has been very articulate with his presentation.

My experiences have been quite broad up and down the spectrum of self exploration. I think Leo did a good job of putting the experiences into words but it's always tough to relate to things that you have not directly experienced. I keep finding myself on top of a mountain, only to realize that there is another mountain hiding behind it in the fog. But then I suddenly realize that there are mountains to the side, behind, above.. It just keeps going. But pervading it all there are some fantastic truths to be found. Experiencing their discovery on your own helps them stick.

Just start learning and don't stop. There will be epiphanies that help to clear the fog along the way. The journey is the destination.

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

Enlightenment when you know that you don't know and you will never know, but yet you remain satisfied.

11 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@Moksha :) 

My intuition started this thread and i wrote what my understanding is. I'm interested in your pov's in order to understand better. I haven't watched all actualized videos i'm on it. Just share your own definitions and experiences if you want. 

Fair enough. For me, enlightenment is the permanent state of seeing spiritually. The acuity of vision comes and goes, based on what is needed, but the eyes are always open.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It's the correction of the misunderstanding of what one's self is. There seem to be layers of misunderstandings to sort through, because this one misunderstanding webs out into many beliefs and thought patterns, which in turn become something like tensions and buried memories in the body. These misunderstandings are released, understood, made aware, in various ways as you align with Source (Truth, Love, Awareness, whatever you call it). 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@BlackMaze this present moment is awareness. 

What you think of as your body is a sensation no more important than a pebble on the floor, or a fart. 

From my understanding, it's like being freed from the belief that you exist. Like zooming out and seeing that this sensation that was thought of as you is just a sensation, that's it, like an itch. 

This sounds simple, and it probably is idk, but when you grasp this experientially, hope arises :)

This was a tough one for me. Under my rationalization it implies that the unique and sacred individual being guided by me will fade away one day. Sad and me dismissing his existence feels tragic.

Ego gonna ego though. Illusions gonna lusion. Sufferers gonna suffer.

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

@Red-White-Light what i wrote is what i understand so far. I am interested to what others have to say and all answers are great. Not to steal understanding but to open my mind to other ways of thinking. 

@BlackMaze Yeah but that thinking is what you want to get rid of. That’s where the work gets difficult. You can get pointers, but nothing is going to get you closer to Truth that what you can directly know.

@SpiritualAwakening why? 

I was watching a video of eckhart tolle some days ago and he was saying that this should be the foundation out of which we do any action. I believe this idea to be true. That's why i thought about moving it up in priority. As an ego my goal is to just reach a state of peace that can't be bothered by anything and plays life as a game. Still not my goal to go higher than that. Then other things in my life most probably will come in place by doing the right actions. Only when i'm there i can start understanding reality. If my ego tries to understand reality will understand nothing. 

Edited by BlackMaze

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

It's the correction of the misunderstanding of what one's self is. There seem to be layers of misunderstandings to sort through, because this one misunderstanding webs out into many beliefs and thought patterns, which in turn become something like tensions and buried memories in the body. These misunderstandings are released, understood, made aware, in various ways as you align with Source (Truth, Love, Awareness, whatever you call it). 

Like ? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

A clear recognition for no one that there never was a "YOU" or "ANOTHER"

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi