RedLine

There are good and bad

50 posts in this topic

What is the relationship between Love (the Absolute) and love (I love my mom for example)? 

If you say you experiencie the Absolute as Good/Love you are relating to the relative concept of love/good know by you; but this time it looks like this sension/concepts/whatever is infinite/absolute.

If you say the Absolute is Good then it implies there are good and therefore there are bad too.

I am gonna try to define good and bad here:

good: what goes towards compassion/egoless

bad: what goes away from compassion/egoless

Of course there are not fix good and bad in the relative world. I am gonna use a thermometer analogy. The higher degrees the better, the lower degrees the worst. The count never ends, there are infinite degrees or good and infinite degrees of bad but whe can say +70 is better than -6.

Absoluteness denotes that there is no opposite. It's all good.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

When we use the word absolute it means there cannot be anything outside of it. 

All contradictions become null. 

Which means absolute love is loving everything good and bad. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Even if everything is Love that doesn't mean to use it as excuse for devilry and defense of moral relativism. 

Want to be God you have to be Good all around. 

Here is a fun experiment for those who think reality is absolutely good:

Reality is absolutely bad and evil. Prove me wrong if you can.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

54 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Even if everything is Love that doesn't mean to use it as excuse for devilry and defense of moral relativism. 

Want to be God you have to be Good all around. 

Including not bitchslapping those who are mentally unwell. 

???????

5 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Including not bitchslapping those who are mentally unwell. 

She is fine, there is nothing wrong with her. 

When you love you love in best way possible. Sometimes it doesn't really look nice. 

Cold shower makes you fully concious instantly but it's not plesurable experience. 

8 hours ago, RedLine said:

What is the relationship between Love (the Absolute) and love (I love my mom for example)? 

Love is all there is.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

There are better and worst things. This is the same as saying that there is good and bad. Look at my metaphor of the thermometer.

Even if you admint everything is good you have to admite there are differente degrees of good (for example it's better (good +++) not to be tortured 24/7 than to be tortured 24/7 (good +). good+++ > good +. You have good and bad here.

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Which means absolute love is loving everything good and bad. 

Then you cant´label it as Love anymore, if you label the Absolute as Love, it means you are relating to the love concept you have experience in your "relative life".

3 hours ago, allislove said:

Love is all there is.

What is the relationship between Love and love?

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine

You'll be going round and round in this. Better stick to normal practical love, you make your life easier that way. 

Absolute all of you, including gratest masters, who are stating that everything is Love/Good and there are not degrees of love/good, are been hypocrites because you don't actually believe this in your day-to-day life, you are just saying it as a belief but you are not asuming the consecuences.

"I am a big master, everything is Love, everything is Perfect as it is, but I have to help humanity to reduce suffer" Hypocrite

Edited by RedLine

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@RedLine

You'll be going round and round in this. Better stick to normal practical love, you make your life easier that way. 

Sorry this teological problem have been consuming me for years. I cant just ignore it. It comes to me again and again. Everything is Perfect as it is but we can't assume it, otherwise we would just fell vegetable, go to mahamudra or something like that; definitely we wouldn't be functionals anymore. 

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine what are you exactly looking for? 

Do you have a specific thought to guide you in your mind? 

4 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Everything is Perfect as it is but. . .

That “but” is the pivot point when the mind starts creating constructs. At the personal/human level those constructs are useful in functioning and survival as a person in society. Yet in another context, such constructs are like clouds that distract and obscure.

It’s similar with love and good. In one context, the theory is useful. In another context, it distracts and obscures. Yet to a mind grounded in intellectual constructs, it can be really hard to let go of, even temporarily. 

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@RedLine what are you exactly looking for? 

Do you have a specific thought to guide you in your mind? 

I am an INPT, my passions lead me to look for the Truth again and again. What is the problem? The Truth is incompatible with the existence. The Truth is everything is Love/Good but in order to opearte, in order to be funciontal, we need preferences, as long as you have an ego you have prefernces, and even the greatest masters have an ego, a little ego, yes, but and ego, otherwise they wouldn be functional.

The problem here is the hardcore search for Truth -who Leo Gura is promoting by the way- leads ultimately to dead, and I dont´mean death in a symbolic way -death of ego- but biological death.

The virtue is not to pursue the Truth to their last consquences. The virtue is the renunce to Truth to love others, even when you know love is an ilusion. The virtue is to renunce to Truth, because ulitmatley the search for Truth is vanity. That is the example of Christ, he sacrifice himself for others, He did not stay in a cave in a trance state.

6 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

That “but” is the pivot point when the mind starts creating constructs. At the personal/human level those constructs are useful in functioning and survival as a person in society. Yet in another context, such constructs are like clouds that distract and obscure.

It’s similar with love and good. In one context, the theory is useful. In another context, it distracts and obscures. Yet to a mind grounded in intellectual constructs, it can be really hard to let go of, even temporarily. 

I agree. But you cannot let it go completely and continue to exist.

Edited by RedLine

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

The virtue is not to pursue the Truth to their last consquences. The virtue is the renunce to Truth to love others, even when you know love is an ilusion. The virtue is to renunce to Truth, because ulitmatley the search for Truth is vanity. That is the example of Christ, he sacrifice himself for others, He did not stay in a cave in a trance state.

You made a valid point. The search for truth can also be just a search. 

Whereas investing in love can be powerful. 

That's fun. In my experience I don't know what love is. But it's recognized immediately even faster than the ego can understand what just happened!

There is goodness, and there is also badness.

They're both forms of love, but one form allows for the flowering of being. Whereas the other is 'imbalanced' or evil as in, denying it's own conscious.

They're both love because they're both allowed equal expression

1 hour ago, RedLine said:

What is the relationship between Love and love?

What is the relationship between your Hand and finger?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

Even if you admint everything is good you have to admite there are differente degrees of good (for example it's better (good +++) not to be tortured 24/7 than to be tortured 24/7 (good +). good+++ > good +. You have good and bad here.

You have to admit that what you're saying is only a matter of perspective.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If everything is good, the word good has no meaning whatsoever.