Mr Here and Now

I Need Help

14 posts in this topic

I pretty much eat chocolate and sweets all day, and drink lie 3 cans of Coke, I'm 22 and have a high motabalism. Never get fat and never feel ill from these foods, so why should I stop? What are the bad effects of over eating if there's no issues?

Body composition doesn't indicate health by any means. It's what on the inside that matters. I don't think it has a lot to do with a high metabolism. You're probably just staying within a caloric maintenance or deficit, which won't make you gain weight even if you're eating junk. Anyway, eating processed carbs will lead to insulin resistance, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. if consumed in excess. Even if you're being active and fit, you'll still damage your mitochondria and microbiome due to inflammation and free radicals.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

You may not gain weight, which is all fine and dandy until you get something like kidney stones from all the coke later in life. 

Not to mention that foods like those are highly stimulating. You've probably already heard about this a lot in the past, but your brain is trained like a dog. If you give it treats all the time, it becomes really lazy and uninspired to learn any tricks.

If you're seeking to get off the sweets I would recommend progressive desensitization (Don't just stop all at once or your body might freak out). Try slowly reducing your intake of unwanted substances and replacing them with something you deem beneficial (a shake, kale, fruits, almonds, etc.). 

Hope that helps somewhat. Good Luck :)

5 Best Ways To Lose Weight

When you are dealing with a phenomenon as diverse as human beings, it is very difficult to create rules which will work equally well for everyone. Nevertheless, there are some characteristics shared by all human beings, and this means that some basic principles can be developed. Here are five proven techniques to help you lose weight

full article

https://goo.gl/R2H2i6

@Davie I was like you in my early 20's. I ate donuts, McDonalds every few days, I drank soft drink and alcohol and ate chocolate like no tomorrow and over time my body felt weak, tired and lazy. Over time you may or may not develop health and medical conditions. Sugar is really bad for you and you can do your research on all the reasons why it is so bad for you. The reasons why I had your mentality in my early 20's is because I was uneducated about health and fitness and I didn't see the big deal with eating junk food. After all I was still alive, I have always been skinny (skinny doesn't always equal healthy) and this effects your performance and how you function. Icould probably eat a box of donuts a day and still not get fat however I am the type of person that wants to achieve all I can in life and I couldn't do anything I wanted because I became drained after years of eating crap, I was always lazy and slept all day, I wanted food that was quick and easy because it is convenient. 

If you ate healthy for 30 days and cut out all unhealthy sugar, you will notice a difference in you physiology, how you think, your energy levels, how you perform at sports or at work, and you will feel healthy on the inside as well as the outside will show it too. 

14 hours ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

@Davie I was like you in my early 20's. I ate donuts, McDonalds every few days, I drank soft drink and alcohol and ate chocolate like no tomorrow and over time my body felt weak, tired and lazy. Over time you may or may not develop health and medical conditions. Sugar is really bad for you and you can do your research on all the reasons why it is so bad for you. The reasons why I had your mentality in my early 20's is because I was uneducated about health and fitness and I didn't see the big deal with eating junk food. After all I was still alive, I have always been skinny (skinny doesn't always equal healthy) and this effects your performance and how you function. Icould probably eat a box of donuts a day and still not get fat however I am the type of person that wants to achieve all I can in life and I couldn't do anything I wanted because I became drained after years of eating crap, I was always lazy and slept all day, I wanted food that was quick and easy because it is convenient. 

If you ate healthy for 30 days and cut out all unhealthy sugar, you will notice a difference in you physiology, how you think, your energy levels, how you perform at sports or at work, and you will feel healthy on the inside as well as the outside will show it too. 

thats basically my story.

Ive never get fat but at some point I realised how tired I was in many parts of the days and I decided to cut it.

Be ready because at the beggining its very difficult to start eating healthy, the worse part for me was cutting sugar, it looks like a drug to me.

You're 22! Live it up! Rock that carbonated sugar love!

Just don't be hard on yourself or beat up on yourself if your inner higher self, soon, starts sayin "David, honey, we gotta talk. Eat something with some nutrients. We can't keep this up forever. Even the Fonz did the shark thing." Just be cool. Don't say you have depression. Don't get on Paxil or whatever. Just start eating better, mediate and excercise. Just keep it 100 if that day ever comes. And if it doesn't, then you are a master of your internal dialogue and of your beliefs. Congrats! In which case, you would no longer have use for this website. Godspeed my brother. In the meantime, grab 3 boxes of thin mints and a 2 liter of coke and play COD till 5am. You're only young once. 

In Japan, the answer to depression is not medication. It is nutrition. And in the international race to be the fattest, highest health insurance premium payin, pig eatin, bacon suckin best - we are crushing Japan. They have a measly 3% obesity in their population. The U.S. is dominating the world in obesity like a never ending parade of those fat twins on the tiny motorcycles - at 60% obesity.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/11/2016 at 0:41 PM, Mr Here and Now said:

I pretty much eat chocolate and sweets all day, and drink lie 3 cans of Coke, I'm 22 and have a high motabalism. Never get fat and never feel ill from these foods, so why should I stop? What are the bad effects of over eating if there's no issues?

How much exercise are you doing? I'm guessing you are quite active. If you weren't I think post would have read more along the lines of 'how can I lose weight'.

8 minutes ago, Mr Here and Now said:

@Child In Time not active at all

Make the most of your good fortune then, because at some point your metabolism will be less cooperative.

Some people are genetically prone to store body between the organs in stead of the belly/thigh/ass area where most adipose tissue is normally stored. Especially liver fat is dangerous for your health. And if you eat a diet with a lot of sugar you are more likely to store fat around the liver since the liver converts glucose to fat, and that fat can get stored around the liver. Whereas fatty acids that come directly from the diet are more likely the be stored in the conventional places of belly and thigh area. 

The dangerous thing is that the symptoms of organ fat will most likely manifest at a later age (40+). And so it can easily be overlooked if you are younger.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

This post has addressed my recent issue, which is as yours. I haven't yet overcome it completely. So  I may overeat basically when I deal with stress, negative emotions, etc. Just a year ego  I've been still struggling with alcohol addiction, and I don't drink anymore. But, what is interesting is that it was not that challenging to quit drinking, after all,  because for me, awareness was the solution. I started being painfully aware of all the negative things occuring in my psychology, my body, relationships, everything. So I quitted. With food it is more difficult cos the results of overeating are not destructive for me as drinking was. It's like I eat sweets to alleviate stress, feel better. I can finish two boxes of raffaello at one go and I don't even feel sick afterwards. I feel good, stimulated. A year ago I would drink to solve the same problem. Sometimes I'm successful with healthy, balanced diet, for let's say a month, and then suddenly, boooom, overeating like crazy, several days in the row, and then healthy dieting again. There were times when I bought a bar of snickers, munching it, thinking the thought "You can stop it now. Just stop it", and afterwards  eating another 2 bars of snickers, out of spite. 

Well, @Mr Here and Now ,anyways, I think one solution to our problem may be when you feel the urge to eat crap just sit down and feel this urge rising  inside you. Feel your weakness. And feel your addiction towards stimulation. Cos what junk food basically is, is stimulants. Right? BUT, motivation is crucial here. So, it's okay, you are skinny, so am I, so why bother about eating junk, right? But, on the other hand, your intrinsic motivation could be "I quit junk food to create extra will power, to get more grounded, and conscious of what I put inside me" The will power you get from quitting this crap will get transferred to other areas of your life. That only makes sense. Quitting unhealthy cravings betters you up. 

Anyways, good luck. ^_^

Edited by Alicja_
add information

On 11/09/2016 at 4:41 AM, Mr Here and Now said:

If you eat healthy you will be less prone to have medical issues like, cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and diabete(doesn't matter if you're fat or not)

Eating healthy also increase your energy level, which also means that you'll be more conscious.

I don't know if it's really related, but you could also weaken your body to the point where you'll have difficulty to process even the most basic meal (pain/sleepiness/difficulty to shit etc...)

I have the same metabolism and that's what happened to me.

You can recover from it, but I don't know if you can in totality.

So take your diet seriously, or it could fuck your life.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them