levani

how do you deal with sleep paralysis ?

42 posts in this topic

@PurpleTree lol damn dude. I've had several that transitioned into lucid dreams where I'd get out of my sleeping body (which was often excruciatingly painful, kind of like what I imagine phantom limb pain to be like, but everywhere, but once I was totally in a dream body out of my physical body, the pain stopped), walk around my house and contemplate just what the fuck must reality actually be for me to be apparently having this experience right now. That happened probably 300 times, maybe more, maybe less. Sometimes I'd even walk outside my house and go for a walk. Sometimes the door just wouldn't open. Weird stuff man. I would've done more interesting stuff than that if it weren't for the fact that it was just like real life. I could even read and stuff.

Edited by The0Self

Look, from what I know sleep paralisis could be one of two things. One is that your body is still asleep in a sense, so that when you dream you don't move your body. So if it is when you wake up, don't make a big deal about it, either wait for it to recede, or move until you move and get out of it, or enjoy the stillness and let your body wake up by itself. If this happens on your way to falling asleep then let it happen, enjoy it, and know that you might be about to enter a lucid dream or an out of body experience (OBE). The reason for this is that in that state, your body is asleep and your mind is awake, thus you are self conscious, and any reality you will create or enter will be independent of your body. The second possibility is that you could be frozen/immobilized by aliens, either technologically or mentally, so they can do who knows what to you. In this case be very careful, if it feels wrong in any way, which it should because they are violating you, then don't do it. Don't let it happen. Fight it. Use your energy to repel it's influence on you. :)

Oh yeah and for an actual tip. Try to make it as scary as possible. Not by literally figuring out how to make everything worse, but by simply mindlessly and intuitively intending to increase the fear factor. The fear tends to lessen when you attempt that, counterintuitively. By cutting the aversion to fear, you eliminate the source of the fear. Dissolves the whole thing to manageable levels like a charm.

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Actually pretty accurate advice. I've never tried the hold your breath thing, might work.

Basically, you just close your eyes and think happy thoughts. If you are scared, your environment will become scary. Keep your eyes closed and do your best to move your body, while imagining happy scenarios. Something that really works for me is thinking about sex. It completely distracts me from sleep paralysis, as weird as it sounds.

I've gotten to the point where I can get out basically every time, you can even use it as a gateway for lucid dreaming. Simply imagine a scenario you want to be in, and sort of imagine yourself entering into it.

did you ever experience the feeling of levitation, paralysed pal?

11 minutes ago, The0Self said:

@PurpleTree lol damn dude. I've had several that transitioned into lucid dreams where I'd get out of my sleeping body (which was often excruciatingly painful, kind of like what I imagine phantom limb pain to be like, but everywhere, but once I was totally in a dream body out of my physical body, the pain stopped), walk around my house and contemplate just what the fuck must reality actually be for me to be apparently having this experience right now. That happened probably 300 times, maybe more, maybe less. Sometimes I'd even walk outside my house and go for a walk. Sometimes the door just wouldn't open. Weird stuff man.

yup pretty weird, interesting stuff though.

I've heard from somebody (i think it was on youtube) who got operated on and kind of left the body and hovered above the doctors etc. during the operation, and then he/she saw something on a cupboard/cabinet while hovering/levitating which couldn't be seen from standing in the room, when the operation was finished etc. he took a chair and looked up there and the thing (i think it was a toy, was really there) "allegedly" 

One time i got fed up after i've had sleep paralysis so much, so i tried o talk to the "dark force" it should at least make me rich for always interrupting my sleep but it didn't listen :) 

I didn't have many lucid dreams though only two i can really remember.

Edited by PurpleTree

29 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

did you ever experience the feeling of levitation

Nope. Had some crazy hallucinations though. It actually felt like the sleep paralysis was trying to trick me into opening my eyes at times. They would make it sound like the TV turned on and try to distract me with stuff like that. Often, I would think that I finally broke free, but I didn't. One time I had a voice that was reading my mind and saying out loud every word I was thinking in real time. That stuff doesn't happen to me anymore though since I leave immediately. Also, I haven't had sleep paralysis in like a year, since I fixed my sleep schedule.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

You simply have to forget sleep paralysis. 

That's how you deal with it. 

It's something like a bad memory. The faster you get over it, the better. 

Whenever I get sleep paralysis attacks, I laugh about it after some hours 

Best cure. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

you guys are speaking of entering fear as if it's easy, i can not control myself when i am terrified, i don't know how you can ?!

@cetus just did, she has 2 videos on it but she talks about how to enter it not how to escape it

Edited by levani
mistype

2 minutes ago, levani said:

you guys are speaking of entering fear as if it's easy, i can not control myself when i am terrified, i don't know how you can ?!

The key is to keep your eyes closed, then all you have to worry about is sounds

Describe a thought.

6 minutes ago, levani said:

It's not easy. It's terrifying.

@Osaid that's pretty terrifying ... imagine the nun whispering in your ear ... "open your eyes"

@The0Self so then the quesiton is how do you control what you do under the terrifying state ?

1 minute ago, levani said:

that's pretty terrifying ... imagine the nun whispering in your ear ... "open your eyes"

Lol I had some sleep paralysis entity screaming at the top of its lungs into my right ear. It was not pleasant. This was before I learned how to escape it though.

If you follow my steps I don't think anything will happen. Nothing has happened to me. 

Describe a thought.

34 minutes ago, levani said:

@The0Self so then the quesiton is how do you control what you do under the terrifying state ?

Try to experience more fear. You'll fail.

It sucks. Unfortunately there is nothing you can "do". Your body becomes disabled for a short while. You just wait for it to end and try to not panic. The most scary part is if you wake up in a wrong or uncomfortable position. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

@PurpleTree lol damn dude. I've had several that transitioned into lucid dreams where I'd get out of my sleeping body (which was often excruciatingly painful, kind of like what I imagine phantom limb pain to be like, but everywhere, but once I was totally in a dream body out of my physical body, the pain stopped), walk around my house and contemplate just what the fuck must reality actually be for me to be apparently having this experience right now. That happened probably 300 times, maybe more, maybe less. Sometimes I'd even walk outside my house and go for a walk. Sometimes the door just wouldn't open. Weird stuff man. I would've done more interesting stuff than that if it weren't for the fact that it was just like real life. I could even read and stuff.

I had sleep paralysis only once and it was awesome. 

It felt very peaceful like a nice meditation session. 

Then after that I had a lucid dream like you. (didn't know what was it called until now) I basically just walked around a little bit and came back. 

After that I searched online about it and it happened because I took a nap at an irregular time and on my back. Maybe try sleeping on the side if you don't want it. 

3 minutes ago, Opo said:

After that I searched online about it and it happened because I took a nap at an irregular time and on my back. Maybe try sleeping on the side if you don't want it. 

I don't mind it at all now, but yeah, I have long since learned that sleeping on my side prevents it.

6 minutes ago, Opo said:

Irregular sleep schedule is a big one. I was able to consistently enter sleep paralysis by sleeping at certain times. Also apparently stress and lack of sleep contribute too.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

@levani i have experienced s. paralysis beteween 15 and 25 times, usually having gone back to sleep right after waking up(to pee for example), or when i try to sleep but i'm not really tired. Voice doesn't come out and sight is unfocused. never had hallucination.

When i realize i'm paralyzed, first i try to move some muscles, and see if i can wake the body, i'd say that 30% of the times i succeed and i can move again. When this is not possible, i try to relax, close the eyes and usually after some seconds/minutes i'm back in a normal deep sleep/dreaming state.

The key is not to freak out and focus on rest, giving up the desire of moving.

16 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

funny thing is though the first time i ever had sleep paralysis, was on the same day a friend told me about it.

@PurpleTreei can confirm,it cartainly has a link with anticipation and intention. i will probably expererience it tonight because of this discussion:D