DizIzMikey

Better Than Everyone Else

15 posts in this topic

Why Do I Want To Be Better Than Everyone? 

I saw a couple of Eminem's lyrics, and I felt like I was total shit in comparison, and it set me off in an uncontrollable rage, sad... but true.

I know any answer wont give me what I need, but I need to hear from someone about this, it's like I turned into a beast

My head started to flame, I started growling and I couldn't control the anger and rage

I'll never be on his lyrical level or do what he does and it just throws me into a fit

So I'm thinking

Jealousy/Envy/Rage/Pissed off at myself for pissing my life away/Not the sharpest tool in the shed

I mean... he had worse circumstances than me, went through more shit than me and grew up in Detroit and was different

I can't think of any excuse besides maybe having a pussy body or something..I'm not sure

I've been doing a lot working on shit, my trajectory is ok...but i still feel like shit

Anyways... what the fuck is wrong with me?

Is it possible that everyone who isn't enlightened has this kind of beast that wants to be better than everyone else?

Thoughts? 

Edited by DizIzMikey

You know what.. fuck it

I've just adopted the philosophy of

NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ME

Until I know otherwise

so..

NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ME

You don't think you can't be a better person, so you're jealous and express negative emotions about it, because deep down you know you can (there is a conflict between your conscious and your subconscious mind).

I could be wrong, but the way you write, what you write, seems to point in that direction.

The trick is to realize that you can be way more than you are, to accept yourself and to find a real and genuine goal for yourself (not for fame, money or sex).

Consulting a shrink, working on your open-mindness and meditation session will help tremendously.

Edited by Flo

Who cares if you are better than anybody else? And at what specifically? You are certainly not better than Bill gates at earning money, you are not better at soccer than Messi. What are you so good at then my friend?

If there is something that you are better at than others, use it as a gift and impact the world. Do not use this ability you may have to go around saying that you are better than everyone at x. No one honestly cares. People care about what you can offer - that speaks as to how good you actually are at something. Not how well you can talk... Talk is cheap as fuck :P

Hey man. I am a singer/ musician that went through something that I could relate to your situation. Remember one thing, there is no one simple trick to solve this. It takes time.

I was and still am a huge fan of a singer Brent Smith from Shinedown. Always wanted to be able to sing like him. Hit those high notes, have that voice control, have that freedom and passion in his self expression. I thought: "Fucking hell, I can never be this good, my range is shit, I have no talent like he does", but despite anything I took some time to cool down and then kept on trying. The thing i realized over the course of 6 years wanting and 3 years really really trying is that when my perspectives formed to the point that I let myself question whether what Brent Smith does is authentic to me. I disagreed. I realized that I can make something that is much more authentic to me than what he is doing. Who knows if its going to be better or worse. I don't give a shit. I have something to say in my music that i think the world should hear. I keep growing my self internally and externally every given moment and nothing is ever going to stop me from becoming better than I was yesterday till the very last breath that I'm gonna take in this life.

I consider myself to be very good at singing,performing and songwriting right now and a lot of people support that notion with there reactions to what I'm doing. I don't want to be Brent Smith. I want to be me more then ever.

Ask yourself, why do you think that what you have to say is worse the what Eminem talks about? Challenge your entire belief system in your head that makes you doubt your capability to be great. Not in the eyes of the world. Who gives a shit what they think. IN YOUR EYES! 

Moreover I would suggest (which is my opinion, you can just through it out if you find it irrelevant) to remember the person you are willing to become to achieve this. Being an all or nothing rude asshole who will care for nobody but himself is an uninspiring figure which might not seem like something one respects. It only makes everyone else being at fault for all hardships you will encounter on the road. Free yourself of the shit that makes you less of who you believe you can be. The more you do this, the more you will have to say in your music. After all, when we perform, we want to share something good, something that makes others become better and live better lives... So we owe it to ourselves even more.

Why is anything more important then anything else? The thing is IT IS NOT! Why? Well, first lets see why things are bad,good,important,unimprotant etc... it's because you assign meaning to it. Which does not exist in reality itself. reality exists to exist.

[insert quote here]

On 5-9-2016 at 0:56 PM, Psychonaut said:

I am. Suck it.

Just unconfirmed rumors and probably lies xD.

Yes, i'm a huge Mckenna fan lol

5 hours ago, Artur said:

I don't want to be Brent Smith. I want to be me more then ever.

(Quoting Artur, but directing my message to @DizIzMikey ) 

Be the best that YOU can be, because you are you --- not anyone else. This truth can help you calm your frustration and focus on the main point: To produce whatever talent YOU have within yourself. While you're busy appreciating yourself, attention from others could come your way. Let go of the need and you will be free to create.

Lol I have similar issues. I get jealous when somebody is better than me , no matter how irelevant is the thing he's good at for me.

I also want to be the best at everything. Usually that happens because I look outwards in the wrong places or because of too much thinking & dramatizing.

One solution to this is to master something in life and to focus only on yourself , not bothering about others.

Hey Mikey,

Do not feel ashamed of such emotions because they are innate elements of our species. In fact, self-aggrandizement was a very important tool and still is an important tool for our survival in harsh environments. But if such perspective renders you paralyzed with negativity then it will hurt you and others in the long run. But my point is: Don't feel ashamed for having biological functions. When you see it like that you can begin to rationalize it more. However, it's important to start your journey in learning to understand why such responses enter and pervade your mind for unhealthily lengths of time. I say this often, but find the root of your negativity, dig into your past and connect those feelings with their origin, then you can begin to accept it and move on.

Remember this too: True power is accepting powerlessness. You can't control every outcome and every person and prevent things from happening. 

@DizIzMikey There is nothing wrong to wanting to be better. why not just be better than the person you were yesterday instead of trying to compete with others. There will always be someone out there in this world who will do, speak, say, have something better than you. 

Your fighting a losing battle that way. Be better for yourself not anyone. The only competition you have is you.

On 9/5/2016 at 5:58 AM, DizIzMikey said:

NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ME

I know that...

because there is no one that can be better than other... the illusion is strong.

Because there's no separation in reality, you are me and me are you and Eminem is you and reality is just one. You are a tree, a cloud and the whole universe... The idea of separation is false, so stop rejecting reality and everything will be Ok.
:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I don't want reality, I want separation

To be an individual

I love it

Being one with everyone sounds lonely and boring

If it's true than it is, but I don't like it in my current state

Anyways thanks to all for the help

Now here is help for you all if you need it

Powerful brainwave entrainment, the strongest I have found so far, try the demos before you buy..I was floored by the strength of these sound files.

http://www.iawaketechnologies.com/

Please be open minded, you won't regret it if it works for you lol

Better than Nitrofocus, beginning stages of Holosync and Zen12 for me

Hope it helps someone out there and if it does I would like to know

Bye <3