Hardkill

Do ALL celebrities actually have top-level work ethic?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been hearing recently about how many superstars including celebrity actors, musicians, Youtube sensations, etc. in various fields worked extremely hard to get to where they are at because of how ambitious they all have been. However, is it actually true that ALL superstar icons have incredible work ethic, or are there actually a lot of them who got the wealth, fame, success, and status mostly by luck?

Of course there will be exceptions that only got where they are because of who they knew or by pure luck.

That doesn't help you any though. All it will do is make you resentful of those who got there the easy way. You have to walk your own path on the assumption that it won't be easy and you won't get any help.

It's also hard to know which case applies to certain people. You might assume some people like Paris Hilton are just rich lucky idiots. Of course she comes from a rich family but I've heard she's actually super smart and has great work ethic as well. People didn't just drop a fragrance, clothing, and cosmetic line in her lap, open 50 stores in 40 different countries, and open a resort in her name.

Same with Logan Paul. I don't like the guy but I have to admit that he's a business genius. When from the outside it just looks like an idiot running around making vlogs.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

Edited by Yarco

21 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Hey guys, I've been hearing recently about how many superstars including celebrity actors, musicians, Youtube sensations, etc. in various fields worked extremely hard to get to where they are at because of how ambitious they all have been. However, is it actually true that ALL superstar icons have incredible work ethic, or are there actually a lot of them who got the wealth, fame, success, and status mostly by luck?

It's not true at all.

Fame is not a one to one relationship with how hard you work. There are many other factors at play.

Most important thing to consider with any goal is to be fully in alignment with it. No subconscious beliefs pulling you in different directions.

2 hours ago, aurum said:

No subconscious beliefs pulling you in different directions.

So, how do you feel the beliefs and align them? Letting them go?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

So, how do you feel the beliefs and align them? Letting them go?

Depends. There’s many, many techniques for changing beliefs.

If you feel like you’ve got beliefs that aren’t in alignment with where you want to go, usually I would do some introspection to find out what they are first. From there you can work on reprogramming.

Sometimes that isn’t even necessary though. For instance, if you do bodywork or energy healing, you can clear subconscious beliefs without necessarily knowing what the belief was. 

The duality of hard work or luck is only apparent in thinking & suppressed feeling. It is not actually descriptive of reality, much like ‘celebrity’. 

Examine your parents’ mentality. Look for your previously unnoticed draw to the opposite, as not to ‘end up like them’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Basically anyone who's mega-successful has a crazy work ethic. Because they had to work their ass off consistently for decades to get there.

The cost of mega-success is usually giving up your whole life for it. Which is why the most successful people are poorly spiritually developed. They sold their soul to the devil.

Which is why Jesus said that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

You will never become a celebrity without a crazy work ethic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think you have to define success in that particular case (celebs probably). Because if we talk generally ,someone can easily say that you are also successful in your field but not spiritual poor. Also someone else could be spiritually rich in a different job field too. I felt you demonizing work ethic a little. Self development also needs some very good work ethic, I don't think lazy people can achieve any mega-success in spiritual field.

@PhilGR I am defining success in the conventional way that out culture defines success.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 13/11/2020 at 8:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

Basically anyone who's mega-successful has a crazy work ethic. Because they had to work their ass off consistently for decades to get there.

The cost of mega-success is usually giving up your whole life for it. Which is why the most successful people are poorly spiritually developed. They sold their soul to the devil.

Which is why Jesus said that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

You will never become a celebrity without a crazy work ethic.

The Game said he rapped for just 2 years before becoming famous.

There are also reality show celebrities who managed to keep their fame consistent for years.

On 13/11/2020 at 8:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

unless your parents were celebrities or you were gifted with some one in a million talent like some super athlete then you likely worked quite hard for your success 

Edited by Lyubov

Yeah, see now I am kinda getting contradictory advice because Leo is saying that it's virtually impossible to become a celebrity unless you work incredibly hard, yet guys like you and Aurum are saying that it's not necessarily true, because of how many factors/variable that are needed to be accounted for that are required for mega-success to occur. Also, like @IAmReallyImportant said, there have been A LOT of celebrities that got to where they are in only a few short years (e.g. Taylor Swift who got famous within not even a decade of practice with her work).

Also, what about the Kardashians?

Edited by Hardkill

9 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, see now I am kinda getting contradictory advice because Leo is saying that it's virtually impossible to become a celebrity unless you work incredibly hard, yet guys like you and Aurum are saying that it's not necessarily true, because of how many factors/variable that are needed to be accounted for that are required for mega-success to occur. Also, like @IAmReallyImportant said, there have been A LOT of celebrities that got to where they are in only a few short years (e.g. Taylor Swift who got famous within not even a decade of practice with her work).

Also, what about the Kardashians?

The Kardashians are I think daughters of an attorney who defended O.J. Simpson and were super rich by birth.

However, I agree that there are many celebrities who became famous without a decade or multiple decades of work. I think LOA plays a huge role as well as karma and environmental factors. I personally think if you are famous you will recognize it's not that great as initially imagined. Asking what one really wants could save a lot of time even if one would become a celebrity.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right