Mvrs

Imaginary people

85 posts in this topic

Do any of you exist? Am I literally imagining everyone or am I imagining everyone in the same way I imagine my own experience. Solipsism follows me everywhere I go. I know I can’t actually ever answer this. 

Edited by Mvrs

Either way there is only you and your mind. It doesn't matter really. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Unfortunately as Someone Here said only you can answer that question.

@Mvrs solipsism is a real bitch. I struggled with it a lot. But recently I came to realize honestly it doesn't matter. There is only me and my experience of the world anyways. What difference does it make whether others are dream characters or sentient beings? It won't change your experience in the slightest. And you still gotta deal with people as if they are real to survive. So pick that belief over solipsism. It's more pragmatic. 

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Do any of you exist? Am I literally imagining everyone or am I imagining everyone in the same way I imagine my own experience. Solipsism follows me everywhere I go. I know I can’t actually ever answer this. 

Im in this pickle too, my direct experience tells me Im all alone here in my subjective bubble... but my mind wants others to be real. ?

Im cool with it though... whenever I feel afraid after some spiritual insight I just think to myself; "This is the way its always been, youre just aware of it now, so whats the point of being afraid." That usually calms me down. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

Question the reality of the questioner first. 

Double pickle... Id prefer not having a heartattack today. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

the others are real at the same level that you are real. solipism is nonsense, we should talk about nobodyism

We are one being me and you. If you had taken shrooms or Lsd you would see it, experience it. You would understand this is a sort of projection of mind and you are that mind as well as I. This consciousness or infinite being, holds within it all life, but not as separate entities but focused focal points, which it uses to experience itself and create a sense of separation and separate identity. Much like a mind with multiple personality disorder, but more complex and fascinating. It dreams souls it becomes souls, it dreams people it becomes people. Anything consciousness thinks subconsciously it creates and becomes. That's why at the very core of our being is empty presence. But don't take my word for it find out for yourself. Solipsism is a funny little idea, but the reality is mind blowing and radical. You never left god.  You have always been here, swimming in mind and imagination. Can you die if you are one with god?

An interesting question but not as much as this one: if everyone is god then who is god, the answer is obviously everyone,everywhere always.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

18 hours ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

We are one being me and you. If you had taken shrooms or Lsd you would see it, experience it. You would understand this is a sort of projection of mind and you are that mind as well as I. This consciousness or infinite being, holds within it all life, but not as separate entities but focused focal points, which it uses to experience itself and create a sense of separation and separate identity. Much like a mind with multiple personality disorder, but more complex and fascinating. It dreams souls it becomes souls, it dreams people it becomes people. Anything consciousness thinks subconsciously it creates and becomes. That's why at the very core of our being is empty presence. But don't take my word for it find out for yourself. Solipsism is a funny little idea, but the reality is mind blowing and radical. You never left god.  You have always been here, swimming in mind and imagination. Can you die if you are one with god?

An interesting question but not as much as this one: if everyone is god then who is god, the answer is obviously everyone,everywhere always.

If I had ... hahahahahhha you have no idea bro 

It’s safe to assume everyone else experiences this too. This reality you experience is not reserved for you alone. You are a wave on the ocean. But you think you are god! How silly! You’re falling for the illusions of separation.

3 hours ago, Mvrs said:

If I had ... hahahahahhha you have no idea bro 

Touche :D. You know it goes deep.. So the question is silly. Is an arm separate from the octopus? No. Same with all separate selves. Are any of your cells separate from you? No. Galaxies universes and beings are the cells of god's imagination. Limitless manifestation and power. God is so obvious and everywhere, the separate self learns to ignore it and forget. I think thats how the imagination of separation happens. It could be more complicated... Anything is possible this is just my experience...

12 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Touche :D. You know it goes deep.. So the question is silly. Is an arm separate from the octopus? No. Same with all separate selves. Are any of your cells separate from you? No. Galaxies universes and beings are the cells of god's imagination. Limitless manifestation and power. God is so obvious and everywhere, the separate self learns to ignore it and forget. I think thats how the imagination of separation happens. It could be more complicated... Anything is possible this is just my experience...

I know hahaha I just like to cast the stone into the pond ;) 

1 minute ago, Mvrs said:

I know hahaha I just like to cast the stone into the pond ;) 

Solipsism threads, at least the previous ones were fun and engaging spanning at least 10 pages each, consisting of separate selves arguing, if they are god ;D

@Mikael89 the only problem is you can't argue with this stuff. Screenshot_20201112_054158.jpg

-Osho

@Mikael89 who are you talking to? 

I'm just your own mind talking to you. 

You are hallucinating me to distract yourself from discovering yourself as God. 

Alright I'm just mimicking Leo right now don't take me seriously lol ?

-Osho

@Mikael89

Leo is exactly right btw. Everything is imaginary except NOW. That's what I realized also. Anything that is not in your direct experience NOW is imaginary and wishful thinking. This is 100% accurate. Don't just believe Leo. Take a look!  Is it true that Paris is imaginary? Is it true that the brain is imaginary? (if your mom is not around you) is it true that your mom is imaginary? Is it true that I am imaginary? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

16 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Someone here In that case I could torture living beings and there wouldn't be a problem with that, since they don't feel anything at all.

Ofcourse no. It's the total opposite that. You are literally torturing yourself. That's why awakened sages like Buddha and christ teach compassion and no violence. 

-Osho