Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rigel

My first 10day solo retreat

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I am planning my first 10day solo retreat later this spring and I wanted to get your insights on how I might go about it, if I am overlooking something and what to expect. Thanks!

Here's what I have come up with as of right now:

10Day Retreat - June 2021.jpg

10Day Retreat - June 2021 2.jpg

10Day Retreat - June 2021 3.jpg

Edited by Rigel

Hey that's so nice! 
Just be careful to not get distracted with your guitar. You'll have a ton of creativity sparkling and perhaps only contemplation and meditation to do. You can easily resort to music to occupy your mind. It depends on everybody but I feel like, having no stimuli could help you reach nr 2 easily, although it can be harder on the mind. Be disciplined. 

Warm regards 

Looks perfect! I wish you the best.

Just let go of any expectations, and you're ready to go.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Rigel 

Looks amazing! 

Have you already done shorter retreats (like 3, 5 or 7 days)?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove  +1 .  10 days is a nice time for a holiday but I'll bet it feels like a long time for your first 10 day solo. I've only tried it on a group retreat which was quite enough first time. But next spring gives time to work up to it. 

@Rigel  Best wishes, you seem well organised, please tell us how it goes. Will you do it at home, or are you going away somewhere? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Barbara @allislove It will be my first retreat. That's why I am dividing between meditation and music I feel like 24/7 meditation would be too much.

@snowyowl I am actually renting a cabin in the woods not far from where I live(Québec, Canada). Lovely place surrounded by nature:) 

@ronda @aurum @Gesundheit Thank you guys I'll make sure to update this thread with insights!

Sounds like an adventure. Enjoy :)

If if may offer one question for your consideration:

Can I love the music for the music, even if it doesn't monetize? If yes, does the material goal ultimately matter? If not, why move forward on this path?

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I already answered that one :) Of course I don't do it for money. It is way too deep of a pursuit to be fueled by anything but love. I love it enough to be doing it full time that's the thing. I still need to eat?

Edited by Rigel

@PurpleTree never have I ever done that :) I feel like what I am going for is gonna be easier than that. Cause I will be allowed to sing loud! 

7 minutes ago, Rigel said:

@Moksha I already answered that one :) Of course I don't do it for money. It is way too deep of a pursuit to be fueled by anything but love. I love it enough to be doing it full time that's the thing. I still need to eat?

Then keep doing it :) 

Eating is for the birds. And the humans, I guess.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Rigel ?