lmfao

What in the flying fuck is up with some of these new agers?

119 posts in this topic

I had a vision that i used to live on different planets too

not saying it's true though

13 minutes ago, Member said:

People like to feel special so they come up with these stories. But maybe there are aliens among us, who knows :P

A book that I personally trust (Conversations with God) says that there are thousands of extraterrestrial civilisations with life. It also claims that while some are negative, others are trying to help and protect us. It also speaks of people having lived past lifetimes on other worlds, including Jesus.

If there are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the known universe, it is not farfetched to say that there is alien life. It is actually quite farfetched to say that there is NOT, hence the Fermi paradox. I have no real opinion on this matter as I have no evidence nor experience.

This feels like a totally separate discussion to potentially dangerous New Age attitude of letting the hyper-inflated ego literally reach for the stars.

At what point does one deem this forum to be too crackpot? 

I mean, I’m open minded, but this is some radical open mindedness to believe those stories.

i guess... I mean, aliens are almost certainly out there, and they may take the form or similar to that of reptiles.

I guess my bullshit detector is just a bit over sensitive.

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

But that 'You' is a part. Its not the whole otherwise this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Lol

You are not a part of anything. You are the whole shebang, silly.

This discussion is happening with yourself.

2 minutes ago, No Self said:

If there are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the known universe, it is not farfetched to say that there is alien life.

That only exists if you imagine it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am only imagining this conversation. :D

5 minutes ago, No Self said:

I am only imagining this conversation. :D

You're probably also imagining a bunch of other bullshit ;)

@No Self why aliens incarnated as humans and not other entities? I find this fascination with aliens to be something influenced by the Hollywood movies. Yes, gray aliens look weird as fuck and the stories are fascinating but there could be myriad of other lifeforms in the "Universe".

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

You are not a part of anything. You are the whole shebang, silly.

This discussion is happening with yourself.

You can measure quite accurately how conscious you are of that by asking "are the ideas I dream up happening in my head or in the universe?" "are my goals the universe's goals" "is stuff physically manifesting in my head or in the universe's head?". At the beginning you're a mere human at the mercy of the unknown 3D world, then as you expand to include the universe LOA and synchronicities and hallucinations start occuring in line with your head. Still though I don't feel like I'm the one dreaming up what you are saying to me, and that represents a part. To unify with you I need to feel like I'm making up the words coming out of your mouth(and the words of everyone else) just like how I feel like I'm the one who is making up my business ideas and the words coming out of my mouth. And that requires going beyond the current 'me' somehow. It has to include you aswell.

Well, hopefully we'll all be able to reach that level of intelligence and consciousness one day. I'm gonna go do meditate for a solid 3 hours tommorrow. Our intuition voices always have something interesting to say. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

You might as well ask, "Why is my TV showing this alien and not something else? There probably could be a lot of other lifeforms that my TV could display."

Your TV can display any possible lifeform.

There is no image a TV cannot display.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're probably also imagining a bunch of other bullshit ;)

That's true.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Member said:

@No Self why aliens incarnated as humans and not other entities? I find this fascination with aliens to be something influenced by the Hollywood movies. Yes, gray aliens look weird as fuck and the stories are fascinating but there could be myriad of other lifeforms in the "Universe".

The classic quote is: "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

But to answer your question more directly, it is said that souls incarnate into whatever body, location and period of time suits their evolution. So from that perspective, any setting is possible. Including stuff that would seem ridiculous to us.

*disclaimer: this does not mean any of it is really real.

6 minutes ago, No Self said:

But to answer your question more directly, it is said that souls incarnate into whatever body, location and period of time suits their evolution. So from that perspective, any setting is possible. Including stuff that would seem ridiculous to us.

Why would highly advanced aliens incarnate into humans then if the human consciousness is on a lower level? They say that they want to help or learn lessons here but that smells like BS imo.

9 minutes ago, Member said:

Why would highly advanced aliens incarnate into humans then if the human consciousness is on a lower level? They say that they want to help or learn lessons here but that smells like BS imo.

The example given was Jesus, who was extremely advanced from a more advanced civilisation and came here to help others (I don't think it really worked out though). I have no way of verifying this.

I'm not aware that normal 'people' bounce around from one planetary system to the next in their sequence of lifetimes as New Agers claim. 

Edited by No Self

@Leo GuraI'm confused about something here. So you're saying when i die, everything dies with me? like it never happened?

How come when someone dies, i stay alive?

Edited by Keef

2 minutes ago, Keef said:

@Leo Gura i'm confused about something here. So you're saying when i die, everything dies with me? like it never happened?

You won't ever die. Death is imaginary. Experience will simply change to something else.

How come when someone dies, i stay alive?

Because you are God, imagining everyone else, and imagining death.

@Leo Gura Imagination is merely a tool and I've encountered no one to date that has been able to reveal otherwise (though happy for literally anyone here to provide evidence to the contrary).

My intuition is informing me that in order to bring order to your perception of the difference between imagination and sense reality you've simply labelled everything as not just imagination, but infinite imagination, rather than simply our brains creating a simulation of reality through sense perception that we generate imagination about. Imagination is merely a byproduct, a tool, but it has absolutely nothing to do with reality whatsoever, thus infinite imagination has nothing to do with reality. Reality has everything to do with reality and that's all there really is, how we interpret reality is merely a consequence of how we've been constructed by the forces of reality. No matter how much you want to be an alien Leo, you'll never become one. Alien means foreignness, so you can play pretend but you'll only ever be yourself as reality intended and regardless as to what changes you make in your life, technologically, biologically or otherwise.

If someone wants to make a case for infinite imagination they can, but they ought to make that case rather than just say it. All you've demonstrated to date is imagination about imagination, that gets us as far as you've described it but what you've said on the topic has hardly reflected something that's infinite let alone something that's even imaginative at all. I don't mean disrespect I just mean to be honest and blunt in my approach so there's no confusion about my own perspective, relative to what would be infinite imagination, you've demonstrated zero imagination. And its not like I'd put myself in a different category either nor anyone for that matter but imagination is a capacity with constraints that can be tested. Perceptions are created as a consequence of comparison and contrast, thus infinite imagination must have a scale that can be contrasted and measured against some limit of imagination (i.e. from the number of things that can be imagined at any point in time to the graphics and creativity of said imagination). So your statements to me have zero credibility. I want your statements to have credibility but I can't just imagine that into existence without fooling myself though I'm more than willing to be convinced as easily as I know I'm typing this comment right now.

This comment has nothing to do with endorsing a materialistic view of reality either, I don't at all believe in materialism but I believe even less in infinite imagination as a viable way of interacting with reality as it produces many, many splits in consciousness where people are thinking one way in reality but really acting in a completely other way - let's see how infinite imagination helps you survive in this situation for example or having to work as a farmer for a whole year waking up at 3AM finishing at 6-7pm every day - This Man Survived Over 2 Months Lost At Sea | 76 Days Adrift | I Shouldn't Be Alive S4 EP6 | Wonder. The goal should be integration between physical experimentation and what we think and imagine, not merely being advocates of what we think and imagine outside the context of what we can experiment on unless there is reasonable argumentation to believe so, argumentation of which you have yet to provide, and I've watched your video on infinite consciousness, its really not that good. I have to be honest. It's better than any video I've seen on the subject, that has to be brought under the light in my expression here, but as an argument that stands by itself there isn't anything you've stated there that is at all very interesting, novel or persuasive.  

Edited by Origins

4 minutes ago, Origins said:

Imagination is merely a byproduct, a tool, but it has absolutely nothing to do with reality whatsoever, thus infinite imagination has nothing to do with reality.

Hehehe....

You have no idea what Consciousness is. You're in for a rude awakening ;)

@Leo Gura That's a statement with no evidence, just belief and type so far. This is what I mean Leo, it doesn't get anywhere but something in your mind about the reality you're perceiving. You'd need to run tests to see if I had any idea about consciousness rather than just stating it, just like Trump has to prove there was corruption involved in the presidential voting 'scandal' as he's trying to convince others of, he can't just state it. In our relations with others, to have effective relationships we have to prove things to one another so that we can respect each others minds, so that we know that there's a translation between what someone says and what they can create in reality rather than what they just think they can create.

20 minutes ago, Origins said:

You'd need to run tests to see if I had any idea about consciousness rather than just stating it

Hahahahaha....

You think you're clever, eh?