Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Oregon becomes first state to legalize magic mushrooms

45 posts in this topic

Oh cool, I thought this already happened in Colorado but apparently it's only decriminalised there. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Kool-Aid is too stage Orange. We need organic kombucha at least.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

TLDR:

• Recreational use of psilocybin is still illegal, but all drugs have been decriminalized.
  • Organizations in Oregon can get license to administer psilocybin to their clients (this will most be in medical context first).
  • Oregon Health Authority now has two years to develop the program (conditions, rules) for getting the licenses.
  • The OHA will be advised by the Oregon Psilocybin Advisory Board during the development of the program.
  • It is interesting to see, who is allowed to be on the board, as this will dictate, how easy it will be to setup the psilocybin centers and what will be possible. For example. they invite indigenous people as well as academics. (see below (X))

"Measure 109 created a program for administering psilocybin products, such as psilocybin-producing mushrooms and fungi, to individuals aged 21 years or older. As of 2020, the manufacturing and consumption of psilocybin is illegal under both federal law and state law.[1][2]

The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) will be responsible for establishing the program and creating regulations. OHA has a two-year period to develop the program. An Oregon Psilocybin Advisory Board (OPAB) advise the OHA. Clients would be allowed to purchase, possess, and consume psilocybin at a psilocybin service center and under the supervision of a psilocybin service facilitator after undergoing a preparation session. Under Measure 109, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) determines who is eligible to be licensed as a facilitator, determine what qualifications, education, training, and exams are needed, and create a code of professional conduct for facilitators. OHA would set psilocybin dosage standards and labeling and packaging rules.[1]

Measure 109 allowed cities and counties to place referendums on local ballots to prohibit or allow psilocybin-product manufacturers or psilocybin service centers in unincorporated areas within their jurisdictions. The measure prohibited psilocybin service centers within the limits of an incorporated city or town.[1]" https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measure_109,_Psilocybin_Mushroom_Services_Program_Initiative_(2020)

X= see: "Oregon Psilocybin Advisory Board: Who would serve on the board and what the board is responsible for" part of the ballotpedia ;) 

Wait so how do you get away with psychedelics if they're illegal? Is it legal to take them if you don't get caught? But you talk about it in public. I'm confused.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Decriminalized means that cops won't arrest you for it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Wait so how do you get away with psychedelics if they're illegal? Is it legal to take them if you don't get caught? But you talk about it in public. I'm confused.

Here in Czechia, drug use is not considered illegal, i.e. it is not a misdemeanor or a crime. Drug use as such can bring legal sanctions to the user only if the drug is used in situations where it is prohibited by law, e.g. in connection with driving a motor vehicle, at work, etc.

Illegal are possession & distribution.

If you are about to get caught, just plug that DMT quickly & say God made you do it. ;)

Edited by SirVladimir

4 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Here in Czechia, drug use is not considered illegal, i.e. it is not a misdemeanor or a crime. Drug use as such can bring legal sanctions to the user only if the drug is used in situations where it is prohibited by law, e.g. in connection with driving a motor vehicle, at work, etc.

If you are about to get caught, just plug that DMT quickly & say God made you do it. ;)

Sounds like a great place for a commune :D

5 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Thanks.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

In Europe Portugal also has drugs decriminalised.

The Netherlands also have pretty relaxed drug laws. With some other countries it depends on drug and amount etc,

Edited by PurpleTree

@Gesundheit Note I said Czechia, i.e. a country. We're not some town in Oregon. ^_^

Just now, PurpleTree said:

Sounds like a great place for a commune

Come, I'll start laying down foundations for our newborn village. 

We'll have to be very careful about possession, however.

There'll be towers guarding the place & 24/7 shifts.

If they see a police raid coming, everyone will have to plug all our stashes immediately.

Potential lawyers will be funded through Leo's Patreon. xD

2 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@Gesundheit Note I said Czechia, i.e. a country. We're not some town in Oregon. ^_^

Knowledge is power.

16 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

If they see a police raid coming, everyone will have to plug all our stashes immediately.

I wouldn't be able to act cool, so someone will have to take my dose for me ?‍♂️. We could elect designated hero dosers for this situation and lock them in the secret crawl space of Leo's basement

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

25 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I wouldn't be able to act cool

We wouldn't have to. With every last drop of DMT plugged, they couldn't arrest us for drug possession. Smile, fuckers. :D See you on planet God.

25 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

We could elect designated hero dosers for this situation and lock them in the secret crawl space of Leo's basement

LOL. Totally agree. Hero dosers would be the veterans of the village, praised and looked up to for their selfless deeds & blasted asses. They'd be crawling there like rats. 100% commitment for the settlement.

Edited by SirVladimir

Amazing! US is really setting a great example for the rest of the world towards a humane drug policy. 

We in Sweden are unfortunate still in the dark ages. We have the highest drug related death rate in the Eu. The Ministry of health advised the government to do an investigation of current drug policy but the Social Democratic government refused with the reply: "we don't wont to send the wrong signals to our youth, so that they will think it's ok to do drug". Truely sad, But great job Oregon!

@ArchangelG It's a shame for Scandinavia, still. It's our frontrunner of transitioning into early Green. 

9 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@ArchangelG It's a shame for Scandinavia, still. It's our frontrunner of transitioning into early Green. 

I don't think so. We are headed towards strong right-wing conservative turn in the 2020s. A reaction to too much green WAY too fast.

Sweden is far more ignorant than the rest of Scandinavia when it comes to drugs.  

1 minute ago, ArchangelG said:

I don't think so. We are headed towards strong right-wing conservative turn in the 2020s. A reaction to too much green WAY too fast.

How much of that is due to immigration in your own estimation?

2 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

Sweden is far more ignorant than the rest of Scandinavia when it comes to drugs.  

That's sad i didn't think Sweden is so backwards with drug policies.

13 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

Damn. My knowledge of Scandinavia is flagrantly shallow then, obviously. Sounds like a strong backlash.

@PurpleTree My guess is that immigration has played a major role. As harsh as it is, relocation of refugees is not a long-term systematic solution to the immigration crisis. It's like sweeping blood around the wound, but not pulling out the needle. If the amount of terrorist attacks further increases, as seen recently, among other things in general, this has the potential to swing the pendulum back in favor of conservatives, continent-wide.

Edited by SirVladimir

Hehe... I come from Czechia and live in Denmark, so perhaps i can chime in...

Given that Denmark has a sizable hippie culture and Christiania is a thing (a semi-independent part of Copenhagen, where sale of marijuana is tolerated), I think they have a good chance of cannabis decriminalization or even legalization. Norway has decriminalized possession of drugs last year if im not mistaken.

Portugal and Czechia have decriminalized the possession of all drugs for some time already.
Czechia in specific has made the possession of small amounts of drugs punishable only by a fine (you still break the law, but no criminal record is kept). Small amounts are specified in the law this way:

• Five cannabis plants or 15.0 grams of marijuana
  • 40 pieces of magic mushrooms
  • 5.0 grams of hashish
  • five LCD-laced papers or other materials with LSD
  • 1.5 grams of heroin
  • 1.0 gram of cocaine
  • 2.0 grams of methamphetamine

If you carry more than this, you can get into a lot of trouble... going to jail for couple of years. Also, sometimes people are caught with a whole cannabis plant (still in a pot) and they weight the whole thing and write it as grams of marijuana - there are cases, where people were charged for possession of couple kilos of weed, because of this ridiculous measurement technique. In other rare cases tho, they can also test the whole plant's % of THC, which will result in ridiculously low number and you can be freed for basically possessing industrial hemp :D

I have actually been caught by cops smoking a joint with friends in a park and they basically said, that they know we are not doing anything dangerous and they dont neccessarily agree with weed being illegal, but they have to do their job. They didn't search anything, allowed us to finish the joint and each one got a fine of 12€. Granted I think we were very lucky to meet such cops.

On 2020-11-05 at 1:12 PM, PurpleTree said:

How much of that is due to immigration in your own estimation?

It plays a huge part.  The swedish left have been completely unwilling to talk about immigration, cultural differences and how it might effect the country. They hide behind "saving the climate"!

Being half middle eastern myself the cultural differences has always been obvious to me. And since I was like thirteen I realized that it will all go to shit because the gigant swedish middle class would rather maintain a facade of Sweden being a moral superpower than facing facts which are "covered" with enormous taboos.