VeganAwake

The empty witness

13 posts in this topic

The mind-boggling dilemma of nothing witnessing everything.

These words can be uttered but are they really understood, after all it's completely illogical to believe that nothing could witness something.

How could something be perceived without a perceiver?

And if the perceiver isn't real, what could actually be perceived that's real?

The sense of 'self' is identity so it can't conceive of non-identity, it can't except its own unreality. So it either has to subconsciously overlook this message, misinterpret it, or flat out deny it.

So then what happens is nothing is turned into something, it's turned into an identity.

What is there to do about nothing?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

When you look at a tree, do you think of a sausage?

Is my mother your mother’s mother?

My wife sometimes talks in her sleep it seems like the words come out of nothing or out of a tape recorder. I laugh at her and ask her questions and get replies. While doing so, i get this sense that my words are also coming from nowhere. It's like My eyes and ears are closed and open at The same Time. ?

7 hours ago, This said:

My wife sometimes talks in her sleep it seems like the words come out of nothing or out of a tape recorder. I laugh at her and ask her questions and get replies. While doing so, i get this sense that my words are also coming from nowhere. It's like My eyes and ears are closed and open at The same Time. ?

Hehe that's funny ?...like it

Its so bizarre and radical from the way things are normally perceived.

It could be said that everything stems from conditioning but even that is just a word pointing to everything the way it is.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There is consciousness. 

Consciousness can imagine the sensation of being "inside a body".

Or it can stop doing that and recognize that consciousness it´s all that exists.

For the practicality and survival of the body, is practical to imagine yourself as being the perceiver and the controller of a body.

But it seems you have seen that already as an illusion, so i don´t know what is exactly your question O.o

11 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

How could something be perceived without a perceiver?

The perceiver and the perceived are the same thing. To perceive is to be perceived. Perception is an illusion of separation.

11 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What is there to do about nothing?

Everything is nothing. There is as much to do about it as there is todo about your ego. To transcend

Can you find a reason why you are here, in this moment, perceiving through this body? If yes, then you know everything. If it's no, then you know nothing.

Nothing=Everything =Love(actual) =You

Perceiver=Perception

Fixed for ya. 

Where's my leafy friend. Winter is coming man. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

16 hours ago, An young being said:

Can you find a reason why you are here, in this moment, perceiving through this body? If yes, then you know everything. If it's no, then you know nothing.

The universe just reflects your belief back at you like a mirror. Hence why you are where you are.

6 hours ago, bennett oppel said:

The universe just reflects your belief back at you like a mirror. Hence why you are where you are.

? Reminds me of a story:

A wise elderly man, and two travelers.

Once there was a wise, elderly man who spent his days just outside his village sitting under a shady tree where he would think. One day, a traveler came up to him and said, »Old man, I have traveled far. I have seen many things and met many people. Can you tell me, if I go into this village, what kind of people will I meet there?«

The wise man replied, »Yes, I’d be happy to tell you. But first, tell me what kind of people you’ve met in your travels so far.«

The traveler responded, »Oh, you wouldn’t believe it. I have met the most awful people! People who are selfish and unkind to strangers. People who don’t care for themselves or one another. I’ve met foolish young people I could learn nothing from, and old people whose lack of hope depresses everyone they meet.«

As the traveler spoke, a look of sadness grew in the wise man’s eyes as he nodded in a knowing way. »Yes,« he said. »I believe I know exactly the kind of people you speak of. And I’m sorry to tell you, but if you go into my village, I’m afraid that’s exactly the kind of people you will meet.«

»I knew it!« the traveler scoffed. »It’s always the same.« He kicked the dirt under his feet and stormed off down the road, without ever bothering to stop in the village. A few hours later, another traveler came upon the wise man. »Kind sir,« he said, »I have traveled far. I have seen many things and met many people. Can you tell me, if I go into this village, what kind of people will I meet there?«

The wise man replied, »Yes, I’d be happy to tell you. But first, tell me what kind of people you’ve met in your travels so far.« The traveler responded, »Oh, you wouldn’t believe it. I have met the most amazing people! People who are kind and generous to strangers; people who care for one another like family. I’ve met older people with a youthful passion for life that brings joy to everyone they meet. And I have learned much from all of them.«

As the traveler spoke, the wise man smiled brightly as he nodded in a knowing way. »Yes,« he said. » I believe I know exactly the kind of people you speak of. And I’m happy to tell you if you go into my village, I’m certain that’s exactly the kind of people you will meet.« »Come then,« said the traveler, »and introduce me to them.«