willmarin

Leo, what's wrong with Apple?

24 posts in this topic

Yo @Leo Gura! Another question for ya: What's wrong with Apple?

In one of your recent videos (the Actualized.org overview video, I think), you mentioned your gripe with Apple software. You went into some detail, but I'm interested if you could elaborate? I'm curious because my smart phone is nearly dead, so I'll be purchasing a new one soon; and the iPhone 12 looks pretty sweet. But I know you're an educated dude and thus I respect your opinion; so since you have a gripe with Apple, I'm curious about it.

Of course, anyone else is willing to contribute as well; not just Leo! :D

Lol, you don't need my advice on phones. You can figure that out yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I certainly don't need your advice on phones, Leo! :D I'm just curious about the details of your poor opinion of Apple which you expressed in a recent video :)

Real saints and sages rock that Nokia 3310

Can straight up call Jesus on that thing. 

nokia3310.jpg

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay Oh, of course I use a Nokia. The iPhone is just part of my disguise, to fit in. :ph34r: Although I probably shouldn't publish that information on the internet. Well, fuck it, I'm god, so xD

Edited by willmarin

@willmarin I will answer that for you. Leo prefers Android because it's easier to jailbreak than iOS. That's because Leo loves jailbreaking things. Plus, it's called iPhone, which means devil-phone, so...

@Leo Gura Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

9 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Real saints and sages rock that Nokia 3310

Can straight up call Jesus on that thing. 

nokia3310.jpg

The Sagemobile. Free of distractions like internet... perfect for your peace of mind. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

For people who just want a well functioning phone that will be consistently updated and maintained and provides a smooth consistent user experience without a ton of room for tweaking, the iPhone is totally fine. Not everyone has the time or interest in tweaking and jailbreaking their phones. 

Nokia is shit. True sages use oldschool motorolla flip phones

7daf648de9af0113ed08d72ccdd9a625.jpg

Edited by Hello from Russia

3 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Nokia is shit. True sages use oldschool motorolla flip phones

7daf648de9af0113ed08d72ccdd9a625.jpg

True sages use telepathy. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, willmarin said:

Yo @Leo Gura! Another question for ya: What's wrong with Apple?

In one of your recent videos (the Actualized.org overview video, I think), you mentioned your gripe with Apple software. You went into some detail, but I'm interested if you could elaborate? I'm curious because my smart phone is nearly dead, so I'll be purchasing a new one soon; and the iPhone 12 looks pretty sweet. But I know you're an educated dude and thus I respect your opinion; so since you have a gripe with Apple, I'm curious about it.

Of course, anyone else is willing to contribute as well; not just Leo! :D

Here's whats wrong with apple from someone in the field of Information Technology (computers). This has nothing to do with their ethics but purely their product. They sell less for more, they take ideas from other companies and claim it their own, they have great marketing that allowed them to become the standard among the population despite having a worse product. They are extremely secure to a point where everything is monitored and very hard to change. Its android counterparts are equally as good, just not as popular. 

Those are the main problems. You can find an android phone, for hundreds less, where you will have a better user experience. With customization and endless possibilities. 

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

5 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Android because it's easier to jailbreak than iOS

tenor (6).gif

Haha!! 

NOTE:

The term Jailbreak is used for Apple devices.

The term used for Android devices is - ROOTing

(Technically Speaking):D

Edited by ajai
ed note: remove that extra fella "used"

7 hours ago, danilofaria said:

For people who just want a well functioning phone that will be consistently updated and maintained and provides a smooth consistent user experience without a ton of room for tweaking, the iPhone is totally fine. Not everyone has the time or interest in tweaking and jailbreaking their phones. 

It's totally fine and generally it's more secure than android phones but it's also overpriced.

With Apple, more than anything you're paying a premium for consistency. Across Android devices you have a variety of different screens, bloatware, button layouts, SD card ports, etc. With Apple products, you know exactly what you're getting. It's a big advantage for people who just want something that works without worrying about customization, transferring contacts/files/folders to a new phone, etc.

That being said I prefer Android for phones simply because I like the layout better, and they're cheap. For tablets and PCs I like Apple as their UI/UX team knows what they're doing, and it fits the form factor. I also find there's not really a walled garden with MacOS, aside from lack of theme customization.

13 hours ago, smurf88 said:

With Apple, more than anything you're paying a premium for consistency. Across Android devices you have a variety of different screens, bloatware, button layouts, SD card ports, etc. With Apple products, you know exactly what you're getting. It's a big advantage for people who just want something that works without worrying about customization, transferring contacts/files/folders to a new phone, etc.

That being said I prefer Android for phones simply because I like the layout better, and they're cheap. For tablets and PCs I like Apple as their UI/UX team knows what they're doing, and it fits the form factor. I also find there's not really a walled garden with MacOS, aside from lack of theme customization.

Theres much less bloatware on androids. Or if any, you usually have the option to remove or disable them. But yes, if anything, apple is consistent. Usually very little change every year, simply just performance updates.

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

I recently had a work colleague ask me for a suggestion to replace an ageing iPhone 5 or similar. I'm no fan of Apple's corporate ethics (not that Google is saintly), though I suggested that he look at an iPhone 11, which should be discounted slightly in the wake of a new release. I suggested this for a few reasons:

1) He is an old man, not very tech savvy

2) He can afford paying 'more for less'

3) He is already in the Apple ecosystem, so the dramas of shifting away from Apple would not be worth it.