Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

Professional Cuddler

17 posts in this topic

Hey, look what I just found. If anyone wants to get inspired about their LP & be a professional touch-therapist... B|

Edited by SirVladimir

Ridiculous. How could one not get sexually aroused by this?! 

Edited by Dryas

5 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Ridiculous. How could one not get sexually aroused by this?! 

Depends, I presume. A lonely & depressed person in need of safety will behave quite differently to the Average Joe.

Touch can be more powerful than words, and especially if the person is beyond traumatized.

Then again, alternatives such as Reiki already exist. 

Perhaps one could combine touch therapy with psychedelics and become the world's first 'psychedelic blanket'. 9_9

I actually find this kind of disturbing. We really have turned every area of life into a commodity.

I don't like this. Love and affection is not to be bought but to be received through a connection rather than ordering it like a pizza or room service. 

Tbh, it's disgusting and disturbing. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

11 hours ago, aurum said:

We really have turned every area of life into a commodity.

Yep. That's late capitalism for ya. 

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I don't like this. Love and affection is not to be bought but to be received through a connection rather than ordering it like a pizza or room service. 

Nope. This is a bastardized twisted double-standard. You could apply the same logic to Reiki, psychotherapy, life coaching, all sorts of services you pay for, and it would quickly melt down. You are not really buying love & affection in the standard sense. This isn't about some kinky fantasy. Get it out of your head. Touch-therapy, psychotherapy, or anything else are valuable services to humans who ache for help. Monetization is a result of the society we live in. You don't really say "If I gotta pay for a therapist, it's not really healing nor connection."

I have seen traumatized people who simply did not have time to pick up some disgusting or disturbing thoughts. These thoughts are a luxury. Touch is transcendental. Touch is healing. Especially if you develop a siddhi revolving around it.

The video is merely an inspiration. One could of course create an NGO & combine the activity with other knowledge.   

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir actually therapy is very professional. They are not intimately cuddling you. 

This is something weird. 

5 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

You could apply the same logic to Reiki, psychotherapy, life coaching, all sorts of services you pay for

Yes, that's right. I'd argue it's a problem in all those areas as well.

Touch-therapy, psychotherapy, or anything else are valuable services to humans who ache for help.

I don't think the argument is that it's not valuable. It's that because these services are so valuable, they shouldn't be subject to transactional nature.

Monetization is a result of the society we live in.

Monetization is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more things are monetized, they more we need to monetize. But the reverse is also true. The less we monetize, the less monetization is needed.

The phenomena of monetization at our current level is extremely new and not at all a guarantee or a requirement. Even now, there are communities that thrive largely off of non-monetized systems of organization, such as gift, time banking or LETS systems. So while it may be prevalent and necessary in modern society, we can still recognize the flaws of our current system and envision something new.

15 minutes ago, aurum said:

It's that because these services are so valuable, they shouldn't be subject to transactional nature.

I agree. Unfortunately, it's exactly as you describe; we can't lose sight of the big picture. 

I'm all for large-scale solutions transcending the prevalent system. Until then, we better use money to do good. 

I hope my message is completely outdated in 200 years. 9_9

16 hours ago, Preety_India said:

actually therapy is very professional. They are not intimately cuddling you. 

This is something weird. 

It's certainly appears weird because it's so new but think of the audacious way it challenges the selfish paradigm most people operate under - Traditionally any service that someone offers their body for is assumed to be for sexual gratification, this challenges that notion that NO, it's possible to offer something much more tame, non-sexual, and simple that people are actually after they just don't know the mature way to get it; connection/love/comfort.

Sometimes you just need someone to hold you.

I think this is something amazing honestly. People need this more than ever in such a socially inept and cruel world. 

Something like this can literally save and prevent who is extremely lonely from eventually snapping and shooting up a mall!

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy  I still see it as weird 

Personally I wouldn't want to be hugged by any person other than a family member, friend, beloved/lover /boyfriend /husband or pet etc. Other than that any person hugging me will make me feel very uncomfortable no matter how lonely I might be. 

I'm not open to this idea. 

I used to hear something about that you're supposed to get a certain amount of hugs every day and I think it's kinda silly. I don't want to hug anyone unless I have a deep relationship with them personally. I don't think this is unhealthy. I don't like hugging random people I don't really know. I think cuddling is also for really close family members or a sexual partner. 

I think this would be great! If there was some mental health check before and alot of safety precautions, so there arent any wackos. Were very alienated in todays society. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I kinda like it :) 

Seems soothing.  Compassionate.  

Sometimes people need hugs and cuddles.  Really helps.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins