BipolarGrowth

I’m the World's First Mormon Nondualist - AMA

30 posts in this topic

I don’t think there is really such a thing as a Mormon nondualist. By identifying with a certain belief system and religion already embodies duality. Nonduality is about transcending religion to see it as parts of a whole. This is one of the problems with Hindus and Buddhists that I see. A true Buddhist does not identify as a Buddhist because any attachment leads to suffering. All identities, beliefs, ideologies, politics, and religion are imagination inside the Dream of Life. Any worldview is duality. Notice this.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

11 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

How can there be separation between something that's real and something that doesn't exist.

Would you run up to a man having a fight with his imaginary friend and tell them to separate?

Non-real isn't quite the same thing as non-existence. Non-real includes the category of imaginary things, as you say, so his imaginary friend does exist, in a sense. Are you a realist? Do you really exist, the bricks in your home, the trees etc? Is physical stuff more real than imaginary stuff? Is it all imaginary, as idealists believe? If you say that something doesn't exist, you must have thought of it first, imagined it, to say that. So it does exist in an imaginary sense! 

BTW I'm not trying to be clever or prove a point, or beat anyone in debating here. This is just an inquiry. 

Edited by silene

8 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

I don’t think there is really such a thing as a Mormon nondualist. By identifying with a certain belief system and religion already embodies duality. Nonduality is about transcending religion to see it as parts of a whole. This is one of the problems with Hindus and Buddhists that I see. A true Buddhist does not identify as a Buddhist because any attachment leads to suffering. All identities, beliefs, ideologies, politics, and religion are imagination inside the Dream of Life. Any worldview is duality. Notice this.

DHARMA !

??????

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@BipolarGrowth  Respect! You're a pioneer :) I'd love to hear how you get on. I'd say you can expect some opposition from people who believe in a separate God. Good luck! 

Does it even make sense to say "I am a nondualist"?

unborn Truth

6 hours ago, silene said:

Non-real isn't quite the same thing as non-existence. Non-real includes the category of imaginary things, as you say, so his imaginary friend does exist, in a sense. Are you a realist? Do you really exist, the bricks in your home, the trees etc? Is physical stuff more real than imaginary stuff? Is it all imaginary, as idealists believe? If you say that something doesn't exist, you must have thought of it first, imagined it, to say that. So it does exist in an imaginary sense! 

BTW I'm not trying to be clever or prove a point, or beat anyone in debating here. This is just an inquiry. 

I know you're not and yes it's good inquiry ❤

All that's being expressed here is that there isn't any real separation.... sure within the appearance of everything there seems to be different sects, groups, cultures ,religious belief systems, states, countries, territories, continents.... this apparent separation is imaginary.... the borders that seem to separate are imaginary. ❤

Exactly the same as the experience as a separate sense of self within the body... different thoughts and beliefs identified with does not constitute a real separation.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Good explanation thanks. Where I need to spend more time is around this apparent distinction between Imaginary and Real. For if we accept the existence of Imagination, that implies an opposite which could be called Real. The borders are a creation of mind; the unity on which the borders are projected is presumably not imaginary? This duality of real vs imaginary reminds me I'm stuck in relativity, in thought. When I'm meditating, I'm not thinking about it like this, so it's not a problem.

I'd better stop rambling now, I've already side-tracked this thread enough (sorry @BipolarGrowth:$