Javfly33

Does a total Awakening cure FOMO? (Fear of losing out)

42 posts in this topic

@Javfly33 it's counterintuitive:). There is nothing to lose because there is nothing to hold on to in the first place.  You try! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

In my experience, FOMO is you not listening to your intuition and pissing your life away.

It can be very easy to handle once the mind is quite by doing lots of consciousness work, which in a sense can be super counter productive.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

In my experience, FOMO is you not listening to your intuition and pissing your life away.

It can be very easy to handle once the mind is quite by doing lots of consciousness work, which in a sense can be super counter productive.

@Shin Yeah, totally, dude. I think with more consciousness work you (1) become more attuned to this intuition and (2), this voice becomes more "mild", less judgemental and non-guilt based

Edited by Hello from Russia

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“Let's say you have fomo because“. 

Let’s not. Let’s not give it a label, and an acronym, and start believing it’s something you have because of something else. Let’s say it’s what you’re doing. What you’re creating Hugh. 

??

Yeah I actually think FOMO is kind of dumb label. Everybody has "Fomo" because everybody usually wants to have a good time. 

@Nahm Precisely what I wanted to point out is that it is this wanting (of wanting to have a good time or make good use of your time)  which does NOT feel good. So based on your teachings, then I must be an unlimited free being who does not need anything that is desired by the ego. And that must be because I am infinite. 

Another example of your teaching:

Sometimes I think about stuff or type of lives that people have experienced and I haven´t. Why that thought does not feel good? It must be because I am an unlimited being, so having the belief that I am limited to this life feels instantly bad. The thought "I will experience all lives" feels good.

In other words, The thought "I will experience all lives" feels good because it matches my infinite nature. The thought "I am limited to this life and I should make good use of my time" feels bad because it doesn´t match my infinte nature.

The direct experience of infinity. (Vs a story about infinity I can only assume you must have heard and believed, or made up for some personal reason, no offense. It’s not ‘wrong’, it’s just thinking). 

I feel what I experienced has been infinity. But its true also that a lot of teaching has been built upon that. So I am not sure if I am confusing map and territory and both at the same time.

You think ‘you’re’ somewhere resting outside awareness?

Ultimately I think I am the only thing that exists and right now I am imagining everything including you. But that thought does not feel totally good. The infinity theory that i put in the OP feels good. I´m just not totally sure its true. 

Are you aware, or not? 

Are you aware that you are aware, or not? 

Does that awareness begin and end in direct experience, or not? 

Is reality unconditional, or not? 

Check to the first three but I dont understand the last one.

1 minute ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Shin Yeah, totally, dude. I think with more consciousness work you (1) become more attuned to this intuition and (2), this voice becomes more "mild", less judgemental and non-guilt based

I can't even be frustrated to not follow my intuition, even though I don't for years.

That's why, in a sense, that's worst than being lost in your mind, at least the suffering would push me through.

I just don't feel anything.

God is love

And God in them

@Hello from Russia In truth we know that everything is the same and looking at a wall its actually the "same" as having driving a ferrari or eating the best meal of your life.

But my problem is, I see a pair of tits (excuse my languge) and all of non-duality knowledge goes through the roof. (I guess this is way enlightment is a state of consciousness. Just thinking about truth won´t be enough)

So I have basically turned again to the achiever stage and to burn some "lower karma" like Leo says, such as sex, money and so on.

But having said that If would be totally sure I would live the life of a highly attractive men, I wouldn´t move my finger a bit to try to do anything in this life. Since one day I will have everything what I desire just effortlessly

@Javfly33 You seem to guilt yourself too much. Why not just go for these tities and "own" it if you desire them that much? B| I love tities too. It can actually be the most spiritual thing to do at that time. Why think of them as something dirty?

Imo, true spirituality is more about flowing than adhering to some rules of what is good or not. That is usually ego-construct and not much fulfillment can be found here. Unless, you can find the flow in the rules and totally enjoy them (which you totally can do). 

Right now, however, you seem to really authentically want those tities, why not get some?

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

@Hello from Russia In truth we know that everything is the same and looking at a wall its actually the "same" as having driving a ferrari or eating the best meal of your life.

But my problem is, I see a pair of tits (excuse my languge) and all of non-duality knowledge goes through the roof. (I guess this is way enlightment is a state of consciousness. Just thinking about truth won´t be enough)

So I have basically turned again to the achiever stage and to burn some "lower karma" like Leo says, such as sex, money and so on.

But having said that If would be totally sure I would live the life of a highly attractive men, I wouldn´t move my finger a bit to try to do anything in this life. Since one day I will have everything what I desire just effortlessly

The only way you're gonna burn impurities like sex, is not by avoiding it.

You just do it and remember to stay very conscious while you do it, before and after too.

Then see if it really is that fulfilling as your mind makes it to be.

God is love

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Javfly33 You seem to guilt yourself too much. Why not just go for these tities and "own" it if you desire them that much? B| I love tities too. It can actually be the most spiritual thing to do at that time. Why think of them as something dirty?

Imo, true spirituality is more about flowing than adhering to some rules of what is good or not. That is usually ego-construct and not much fulfillment can be found here. Unless, you can find the flow in the rules and totally enjoy them (which you totally can do). 

Oh no, don´t worry it doesn´t have to do with guilt. It just more of a dissapointment with Spirituality. Or a rage towards the ego. Or a deeply hate of survival and illusion. The hate of seeing the truth and then suffering deeply with the same survival shit when your state changes. When i see an attractive hot girl I basically see how everything and every hour I have spent doing Yoga, meditation, and all psychedelic trips, all difficult moments, all good moments, all realizations, all the boredom, all the confusion, all the work, and all the introspection, all the awakenings, all the states, FOR NOTHING. Because when i see a hot girl all that matters is how much i want her and how i am suffering if i dont approach her. And knowing that is an illusion and at the same time suffering is even more fucked up. 

So its more of a dissapointment. It just tells you an idea how deeply important the illusion is. How little one is awake. I actually doing spirituality because of the fun of it but to be honest I am at point I am pretty clear there´s no way I am going to be awake unless I go to a retreat the rest of my life. Like, there´s no point. I think psychedelics are useful for self development but meaningless for having conscious life. Meditation and yoga the same though unless you do 4 hours daily of it which nobody has the time to

Right now, however, you seem to really authentically want those tities, why not get some?

Yeah, I´m in the process. 

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

The only way you're gonna burn impurities like sex, is not by avoiding it.

You just do it and remember to stay very conscious while you do it, before and after too.

Then see if it really is that fulfilling as your mind makes it to be.

Again, I do not want to avoid it per se.

The problem is not been attached to an impurity like needing to have a social life or sex life. The problem is on top of that you got an ego that hates itself so have to do shadow and healing work for years to even beging to start satisfaying that need. 

See the problem? I as the awareness trapped in the illusion dont really care if this body have sex or not. That is not the problem. The problem is the ego first saying "i want sex" and then saying "but now let me create a false belief about myself to actually prevent myself from having sex".

Is that double-suffering which makes it particularly outrigheous

47 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yeah I actually think FOMO is kind of dumb label. Everybody has "Fomo" because everybody usually wants to have a good time. 

Meh...I don’t know what everybody has. I know these my thoughts thingys though. If everybody has “FOMO”, then to you, I am a liar when I tell you I do no have “FOMO”. Had you not written the acronym full stated, I would’ve had to google it to know what you’re saying. 

@Nahm Precisely what I wanted to point out is that it is this wanting (of wanting to have a good time or make good use of your time)  which does NOT feel good. So based on your teachings, then I must be an unlimited free being who does not need anything that is desired by the ego. And that must be because I am infinite. 

First and foremost, if you ever notice that I have fallen into the deep sleep of a ‘my teachings’ dream, please do me the favor of a solid zen like face slap. 

Wanting to have a good time inherently feels...good. Wanting to make good use of time, is believing in time, and therefore that you are an object in time. That won’t really resonate because it just isn’t accurate.

Yes. You are infinite being. You do not need. There is no ‘other you’, the “ego”. Like time, ego is the thought, ego. If time & ego ‘work for you’, roll with it. It does not sound like it’s ‘working’, as in resonating. I suggest it’s because it was never true in the first place. 

Another example of your teaching: (?)

Sometimes I think about stuff or type of lives that people have experienced and I haven´t. Why that thought does not feel good?

Because it’s the belief you made a comparison, but you didn’t directly experience any comparison. This is tricky to hear perhaps... you made a comparison between the thought “my life” and the thought “someone else’s life”. No comparison was actually made between two “lives”. You have never directly experienced a “my life”.  Even more so...one thought arose “my life”, one thought arose, “someone else’s life”, and one thought arose, “comparison”. The thoughts are not connected. Another one thought may arise, “they are connected”. As to more precisely why that doesn’t feel good...source might say “I am right here bruh. What do you want? I am unconditionally loving you. Name what you want and I am on it. We shall create!”    

(Meh. You’re ‘not good’. Feeling: ?)

It must be because I am an unlimited being, so having the belief that I am limited to this life feels instantly bad. The thought "I will experience all lives" feels good.

In other words, The thought "I will experience all lives" feels good because it matches my infinite nature. The thought "I am limited to this life and I should make good use of my time" feels bad because it doesn´t match my infinte nature.

No suffering, no problem. A good feeling thought is a good feeling thought. 

I feel what I experienced has been infinity.

In that regard, what you experienced is not infinity. What has been is not infinity. 

But its true also that a lot of teaching has been built upon that. So I am not sure if I am confusing map and territory and both at the same time.

The confusion is the map belief. There is no map. Only territory. Territory can go too. 

Ultimately I think I am the only thing that exists and right now I am imagining everything including you.

Well that’s textbook solipsism. 

But that thought does not feel totally good. The infinity theory that i put in the OP feels good. I´m just not totally sure its true. 

A theory is a theory. Don’t expect a theory to be truth and you won’t feel unsure. 

Check to the first three but I dont understand the last one.

Is reality unconditional, or not? 

What is the difference between a human thought (so to speak), and a condition? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

See the problem? I as the awareness trapped in the illusion dont really care if this body have sex or not. That is not the problem. The problem is the ego first saying "i want sex" and then saying "but now let me create a false belief about myself to actually prevent myself from having sex".

Is that double-suffering which makes it particularly outrigheous

I don't understand this sorry xD

Can you rephrase it differently ?

God is love

And God in them

@Nahm Cause and effect is just a story? Without the story there will be alignment?

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

Meh...I don’t know what everybody has. I know these my thoughts thingys though. If everybody has “FOMO”, then to you, I am a liar when I tell you I do no have “FOMO”. Had you not written the acronym full stated, I would’ve had to google it to know what you’re saying. 

Most people have. You don´t obviously because you are enlightened most of the time. 

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

First and foremost, if you ever notice that I have fallen into the deep sleep of a ‘my teachings’ dream, please do me the favor of a solid zen like face slap. 

Cool I will :D

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

Yes. You are infinite being. You do not need. There is no ‘other you’, the “ego”. Like time, ego is the thought, ego. If time & ego ‘work for you’, roll with it. It does not sound like it’s ‘working’, as in resonating. I suggest it’s because it was never true in the first place. 

Yes, I think that dynamic works-  It sometimes works but other times dont. 

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

Because it’s the belief you made a comparison, but you didn’t directly experience any comparison. This is tricky to hear perhaps... you made a comparison between the thought “my life” and the thought “someone else’s life”. No comparison was actually made between two “lives”.

You have never directly experienced a “my life”.  Even more so...one thought arose “my life”, one thought arose, “someone else’s life”, and one thought arose, “comparison”. The thoughts are not connected. Another one thought may arise, “they are connected”. As to more precisely why that doesn’t feel good...source might say “I am right here bruh. What do you want? I am unconditionally loving you. Name what you want and I am on it. We shall create!”    

That´s true. It´s probably another story of the ego fueled by resentment, self judgement, comparison...etc. Far from the fact that my life was love. I must confess it seems enlightment path has been a trip motivated entirely by the ego to make enlightment the answer to all of his delusions (The ego actually wants enlightment to confirm that his delusions are right. When it fact is totally the contrary isnt??? :D . I can see im still doing it LOL. Thanks for pointing it out.

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

What is the difference between a human thought (so to speak), and a condition? 

I dont know. That the condition is a thought too?

No one loses in Heaven.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Define what you mean with "total awakening" first. 

Then remember that there different degrees of enlightenment and that you still have attachment to your ego. 

12 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

Define what you mean with "total awakening" first. 

Then remember that there different degrees of enlightenment and that you still have attachment to your ego. 

Knowing 100% sure that live is an illusion and death is not real

28 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Knowing 100% sure that live is an illusion and death is not real

Life is real. The seed you are using is not yours. The seed is the Creator of the timeless realms. Earth belongs to Heaven. You are creating Heaven and Hell with your own words. Be wary what you anchor, go with Love, you can trust Her as she made you. 

Do not trust Men, do not trust Collectives and black holes that suck you in. We are going biblical. Even the bible does not pass the Love test.

Bible reloaded:

Just Love

The End.

You are the seed

You are the deed

You will be the Self regardless. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Most people have. You don´t obviously because you are enlightened most of the time. 

Most people in a movie are the screen. All of em really, ‘you’ too. The screen talking about the screen, is the screen.

Yes, I think that dynamic works-  It sometimes works but other times dont. 

It’s not a dynamic and it doesn’t work or not work for a you. 

Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you. Can’t warm and not be warmed. ?

I dont know. That the condition is a thought too?

Yeah. Functionally the same apparently.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE