Craigxt22

Headaches after shrooms

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've only tripped around 10 times, but once I start coming down I end up with an awful tension headache that lasts upto 48 hours, and these are only light to moderate doses (2g - 3g).

None of my friends said this happened to them with the same batches, and it can't be dehydration because I have made sure I drink alot of water.

Its kind of putting me off doing higher doses or other physcedelics.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences headaches after shrooms? I tripped yesterday on just 2g and feel terrible now, pain killers don't even seem to help.

Thanks

Other chems may work better for you.

It shouldn't be so bad.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Craigxt22

The mushrooms aren’t the source or cause of the tension but the relief from it. The tension is the resuming of the tension that was prior to the trip which ‘seems normal’ / there wasn’t as much awareness of it, and the headache is the heightened awareness of the tension being resumed & the concern of not knowing why it is. There are dots to be connected as to the why of the tripping and the tension & headache. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just now, Nahm said:

@Craigxt22

The mushrooms aren’t the source or cause of the tension but the relief. The tension is the resuming of the tension that was prior to the trip, and the headache is the heightened awareness of the tension being resumed & the concern of not knowing why it is. There are dots to be connected as to the why of the tripping and the tension & headache. 

@Nahm Really? That sounds pretty interesting, what tension are you talking about exactly and why is there a tension in the first place?

@Tim R

I’m referring to the ‘tension headache’ mentioned in the op, my hunch is it is in the neighborhood of a self limiting belief or two grounded in a perspective of comparison with what is not actual, in the sense of ‘some people are lucky’, or, ‘x’ is ‘just how it is’, with the other side of the coin being ‘it’s just how I am’. That ‘how I am’, is based on the past (past tense) but the thought pattern that perpetuates it is present tense, and so there is a past trying to be made present which isn’t ‘fitting’, and so the tenses are essentially conflicting (tensions). Present, no tension. ‘Pulling’ past into present, tense-in (to present). A mindset of tripping to let go, instead of tripping to resolve, would be helpful. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Other chems may work better for you.

It shouldn't be so bad.

Other chemicals can cause this too.

@Nahm  So what would you do to get rid of this headache? How do those beliefs add wood to the fire? I am not sure if I quite get you...

2 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

So what would you do to get rid of this headache?

If we all drew a picture of whatever came to mind as our individual experience of life, we’d have a bunch of unique pictures. If we all drew a picture inwardly, we’d all draw the same picture, so to speak. In that sense, it’s a matter of untangling what is relative and being identified with. What is absolute is automatic, or ‘floats’ of it’s own accord, and is without tenses or tension. 

@Leo Gura  Yes maybe, I'll have to try LSD

@Tim R  Thanks, I'll have to read through all that when my head clears up!

@Nahm That's interesting. Do you think the more I trip the more tension I can release? I went into the trip with the intention to place awareness into my innerbody specifically to help remove the tension in my day to day life. I'm becoming more and more aware how the tightness is inside my body is causing alot of mental disfunction and problems in my life.

It really is a deep problem for me as I am so unconscious in my day to day life, I can tell myself to release tension and feel better, but within a short amount of time I am back all tense without realizing.

@Loving Radiance  Nice, I didn't notice that thread, I actually have orange juice, eggs in my breakfast and nuts around lunch time, however that didn't really help unfortunately.

Just taken some pain killers with codeine which usually I am reluctant to take, had some sleep and feel better now.

1 hour ago, Craigxt22 said:

That's interesting. Do you think the more I trip the more tension I can release? I went into the trip with the intention to place awareness into my innerbody specifically to help remove the tension in my day to day life. I'm becoming more and more aware how the tightness is inside my body is causing alot of mental disfunction and problems in my life.

Yes, but not in the sense a psychedelic has a property of releasing tension. More in the sense the psychedelic is a dose of truth, and stands to aid in being aware of how you create the tension, by providing a break from the tension, with clarity being the other side of the coin.

This might ‘land’ and be applicable, and it might not... at present the fundamental collective creating of tension is that of ostracizing individuals. This can not jive because there are no individuals. The toll it takes is on the whole, or “all of us”, because there is no separation. Judgment is problematic enough. Justification, projection, and reinforcing it leads to nuclear warheads & plagues. It is equivalent to thinking something is unacceptable & wrong with one of my kids, and locking them away in the basement rather than loving & understanding. I could carry on like everything’s cool, but I’d be missing my judgment, fear and projection, and have no more understanding, love or compassion for having done so. If you extrapolate that to other kids in the neighborhood hearing about it, you can imagine the impression this might make on them, and how it might reinforce a certain “so check yo self or you’ll be ostracized too” message. Soon enough there’d be a neighborhood of kids suppressing to bend to my ignore-ance. You might say you are on the cusp of discovering how you create suffering, which stands to simultaneously reveal how suffering is created collectively, which stands to reveal how they are one self perpetuation, from one generation to the next. (Video coming soon xD)

Likely serotonin overload. Can be attenuated with aspirin (325mg e2-6h). Not merely for the pain relief, but primarily for the thyroid stimulating and serotonin & estrogen blocking effect that aspirin has.

I also get headaches on 4-AcO-DMT (shroom analog) about every time I take it. Never had any with LSD despite LSD preventing me from sleeping after long days (which I would think is much more demanding).

They used to be worse though, last time was pretty mild despite the high dosage and didn't affect my life too negatively. For me it lasts about 24 hours and starts when the effects of the drug begin to wear off. 

I've started an experiment. I am going to increase my dose by 0.1g once a week. I have already started at 0.4g, have done 0.5g week after, and 0.6g week after that. So far no headache.

This week shall be 0.7g

I think I have an unsually strong batch