Jacob Morres

Where does confidence come from?

9 posts in this topic

I used to have a lot of confidence because I had a great job and that status gave me a lot of confidence. However I don't have that job anymore... where does one gain confidence and worth? 

Confidence is the feeling that you have before you understand the situation lol.

Jokes aside, the type of confidence you're talking about is derived from ego. If you identify as ego, it's very easy for you to lose confidence once the external circumstances change. However, if you identify as the Self, you will be confident as you are without the need for external acquirements.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Contemplate what confidence is.

Your natural state is 100% confidence, ultimately confidence does not exist. It is an illusion and a game of ego.

Look at small children play, 100% "confidence".

Confidence arises out of the belief that we possess the skills to "manipulate" reality in some way. When that belief is manifested in reality, it becomes confidence. 

You wanted to have a great job and you got it. This made you confident. You wanted status and you got it. This made you even more confident. But when the job and status are gone, the confidence is also gone. 

I will give you another example. Look at Donald Trump. The guy wanted to be rich, and become a billionaire. He wanted to be around beautiful women and hosted his own beauty pageants. He wanted to become famous on TV, and he became famous. He wanted to become president and he did it. How much confidence do you think Donald Trump has? Everything that he ever wanted, he got.

Trump believes that he has all the necessary skills to manipulate reality and that is the root of his confidence. But if you investigate even deeper, you will notice that the root of confidence is a con that reality plays on us. :) 

If you want to get your confidence back, set small goals for yourself, and achieve your goals. If you set daily goals and you achieve them for a whole year, you will be the most confident men in your country. 

3 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

It comes from latin cum (with) + fidere (faith) = with faith

holy shit is this real?

At first I read "cum" and though "hehe nice meme" and then I thought of it more seriously and it seems really profound :$

It's Love.

Wjen you drop the belief that you can be flawed  ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Lack of confidence just seems to be another type of fear, where you have thoughts about being inferior or getting yourself into a situation where you are undervalued. These thoughts happen because your ego doesn't feel justified in its value under its current paradigm.

So maybe you could say confidence is just a lack of fearful thoughts

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Simple.

And without reading anyone else's answers I'm very confident no one will have this answer.

It's simply a consequence of the being feeling comfortable when it comes to naturally extraverting itself in existence.

This results from either one or more of the following five causes:
(0) De-conditioned / not conditioned
(1) not conditioned by negative feedback
(2) not receiving negative feedback
(3) able to transmute negative feedback (something I'm very good at, more so at just seeing all forms of feedback from the environment as a form of positive motivation - I've written briefly about this in the last 24 hours)
(4) conditioned / receiving positive feedback 

On 10/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jacob Morres said:

I used to have a lot of confidence because I had a great job and that status gave me a lot of confidence. However I don't have that job anymore... where does one gain confidence and worth? 

From knowing that those people on the internet who harass you or try to make you feel bad have  no right to change your opinion if you're not doing anything illegal or unjust and are open to opinions but still cannot feel as though you need to change yours.

Edited by blandana