seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

I still do a little bit of yoga a little bit of meditation. Maybe I should increase. I´ll try to meditate every day. Lazy me... 

Awareness check. I am not sure that I need it. When I am dreaming I´m always aware, that it´s a dream. It´s not a problem, a problem is that I am not dreaming.

Smoke pot. Never tried any of drugs. Maybe it´s a prejudice, but I don´t like even the idea of them. I don´t know anybody who has become enlightened by them, I don´t mean the ocasional glimpses but steady and clear state of enlightenment. Well, Leo seems to be an exception. 

But! I know enough people who ruined or even killed themselves by drugs. 

Generally I learned to appreciate the clear state of mind. I don´t even like alcohol. 

Even if I would change my mind and try cannabis, I have no idea, where to take it from. It´s illegal in my country. 

I think, I am beginning to understnd the idea of drugs. All the teachings are useless, if you don´t experience at least once this special state of consciousness. Nothingness, Existence, God  are beyond imagination, they must be seen. 

But drugs won´t help you to make enlightenment steady, your normal state of consciousness, won´t they?

You are right, you wont lock in psychadelic states. For baseline LOC meditation/mindfulness during the day/ kundalini etc. are more important.

Regarding the dreams - get a dream journal and never miss a day.

2 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Regarding the dreams - get a dream journal and never miss a day

They are saying that after started writing dreams down, they suddenly stopped dreaming altogether. To me it sounds like low dream awareness, what is your opinion? 

@HuliaMany strains of marijuana lower dream awareness, so I was just trying to eliminate possibilities. I'm happy you are sober ?

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

5 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

They are saying that after started writing dreams down, they suddenly stopped dreaming altogether. To me it sounds like low dream awareness, what is your opinion? 

@HuliaMany strains of marijuana lower dream awareness, so I was just trying to eliminate possibilities. I'm happy you are sober ?

That is weird, maybe get one of those watches that tell you how much deep sleep have. I noticed that how many dreams I have is collerated with how much deep sleep my Mi Fit says I had. @Hulia

14 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

I dream regularly but they are not vivid every time Sometimes I forget my dreams. Sometimes they are really vivid and sometimes they fainted.

This is pretty normal, even for myself. Do you record your dreams? If you do not already write down your dreams, or tell them to someone, you should start now. 

Or, you can kill two birds with one stone for a stronger effect, by posting your dreams in our community dream journal. 

"Yes. 2 or 3 each year. But I want to enter in dream state consciously whenever I am interested."

I will post the method for lucid dreaming on demand, when I get on my computer. Ideally you would practice it a often as possible. The author says it can be learned in as little as two weeks, but personally I have several issues blocking progress, such as an over-active mind and not reaching full body relaxation. I also can not keep my eyes completely still, so learning trataka meditation is important.

So really the time it will take to learn this completely depends on you.

"As much as required to master this skill. " 

That's awesome! Trust me, it's worth it.  So after I post the WILD method (lucidity on demand), you should practice that, but also the various forms of lucidity attraction. Have you ever done the lucid dreaming practices, such as reality checks, affirmations, programming, incubation, etc.? 

@Muhammad Jawad here is the WILD instructions, its at least a good start.  If you run into issues, I'd like to discuss them here as I'm still learning this method. 

WILD-1.jpg

WILD-2.jpg

WILD-3.jpg

20 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Do you record your dreams?

No

If you do not already write down your dreams, or tell them to someone, you should start now. 

Or, you can kill two birds with one stone for a stronger effect, by posting your dreams in our community dream journal. 

Sure, From tomorrow onward I will start posting my dreams in your suggested dream general.

trataka meditation

I will do research and try this meditation

Have you ever done the lucid dreaming practices, such as reality checks, affirmations, programming, incubation, etc.? 

Yes, few years back. I have tried dream gournelling, reality checks, affirmations, etc..

45 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

here is the WILD instructions

Thanks. I will go through from this. 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yes, few years back. I have tried dream gournelling, reality checks, affirmations, etc..

A good idea is to base your reality checks and reminders off of something you find interesting, and try to make it fun. For example, pick an object that's small enough to carry in your pocket. Something that has sentimental or nostalgic value. Then carry it around thoughout the day and every time you notice it, perform a reality check. Every time it pats against your leg when walking, or you rummage in your pocket and feel it. Designate it as your reminder token. 

Alternatively (or combined) you could pair the reality checks with repetitive reminders, such as every time you walk through a doorway, or every time the phone rings, or every time you say 'I', 'me' 'myself' etc.. Then, in sleeping dreams you are very likely to remind yourself to perform a reality check when these things happen in a dream. Choosing something that already typically happens often inside and outside of sleeping dreams is best, so you won't have to wait for the desired action to start manifesting in your dreams. Journaling will help you to know what to choose, and the information in recording your dreams is useful in many ways. 

Then, pick a reality check that you enjoy. My main one is counting fingers. It has never failed in a dream. Maybe one or twice, but 99% success. I also like to close my mouth and nose and see if I can still breathe. This has never failed.  I also check to see if I can levitate, but oddly I really only perform that when it already is a sleeping dream.  There's so many reality checks to choose from, I suggest googling them and pick your favourites. Stick to just a few. 

I also recommend 'checking in.' at least once a day if not several. This would be an alternative to practising all day awareness (ADA) or even a companion to that practice. In the journals forum you will find a daily check in that I created. Ever since doing it nearly daily, I've been having spontaneous realization of dreaming without any signs. Just a knowing, out of nowhere. The practice is powerful in my opinion. 

This can all be customised to your tastes. Make it your own. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the ride. 

22 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Muhammad Jawad here is the WILD instructions, its at least a good start.  If you run into issues, I'd like to discuss them here as I'm still learning this method. 

WILD-1.jpg

Should I do this At the beginning of the night when I go to bed for sleep? Or I should do it after 5 to 6 hours of sleep? 

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

this video can guide you into WILD method (entering a dream without falling asleep) don't be too sleepy when you try it 

Should I do this At the beginning of the night when I go to bed for sleep? Or I should do it after 5 to 6 hours of sleep? 

Just now, seeking_brilliance said:

both are very good times. mix it up a little and see which times lets your enter a hypnotic state easier

I tried that technique last night. I was really tired. As soon as I laid down. I lost consciousness and failed. In the morning I could remember a few bits of few dreams.

I tried to enter into a Dream state today at Noon Time and I was successfully able to experience Hypnagogic imagery. But then slipped into unconsciousness.

Just now, Muhammad Jawad said:

I tried that technique last night. I was really tired. As soon as I laid down. I lost consciousness and failed. In the morning I could remember a few bits of few dreams.

I tried to enter into a Dream state today at Noon Time and I was successfully able to experience Hypnagogic imagery. But then slipped into unconsciousness.

yes you will need to find the magic hour that works best for you.  But a few hours after sleep , around 3 am, is really good time. They don't call it the witching hour for nothing :P But this method is intended to potentially learn to do it at any time, no matter the circumstances. But while starting out, certain hours are best to get into that state, and then you teach yourself to enter it at any time. 

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

yes you will need to find the magic hour that works best for you.  But a few hours after sleep , around 3 am, is really good time. They don't call it the witching hour for nothing :P But this method is intended to potentially learn to do it at any time, no matter the circumstances. But while starting out, certain hours are best to get into that state, and then you teach yourself to enter it at any time. 

Have you ever succeeded in WILD Technique? 

I used to be able to lucid dream a lot when I was younger, but I lost the ability for whatever reason (probs because I never cultivated it)

One random thing which sticks out to me is that to be able to lucid dream, you have to be in some particular stages or states of sleep. Whenever I lucid dreamed, I would wake up soon after. So I could only lucid dream when I was in some stage of sleep where I'm already close to waking up. I can count on my hand the number of times I could lucid dream in deep sleep, and stay asleep for a very long time after. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Muhammad Jawad yes:) if you are able to take it on faith, its one of the most life changing experiences you can have.  at least it was for me. I can enter worlds.  That being said, I have not mastered the technique, and it works best for me around 3 am. 

51 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I have not mastered the technique

Why do you think you are still not the master of it?  

59 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Why do you think you are still not the master of it?  

I'm very lackadaisy about practicing it. I do it in spurts, and then my interest and focus moves on to something else. Such is my burden lol. I just rediscovered the body relaxation video I made a couple years ago, and now I'm going to relearn right along with you ? 

@Muhammad Jawad the body relaxation thing has been a big issue for me, and as far as I know it's necessary. I've spent a long time increasing flexibility. I hold alot of painful tension in my legs, and they typically tense up while trying to relax.