Guest EmptyVase

Mastery Examples Mega-Thread

328 posts in this topic

Maximo Laura

Encuentro-en-la-Playa-Del-Amor-II-detail.jpg

Amazing Hand woven art.

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Benjamin Shine 

benjamin shine.jpg

This is made out of fabric.

The amount of intelligence put into this is what makes it so beautiful.

Another link

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Syama Pedersen
This guy made a really high quality 3d animation alone with really high level of quality  witch is insane
this level of master is insane

Wow! What a beautiful story!???

The development of Gundam/Gunpla is a very good example of Mastery as well as a good example of how a compelling shared vision is able to transcend any form of adversity: the team had to go through very bad ratings, terrible selling, a tight schedule,  a tiny fraction of the company's budget, a quite small fan base and even the art director fell ill in the beginning of the show.???

The situation went so bad, that the Sunrise company decided to finish the anime earlier than expected.  But the animators and Artists involved in the project always kept pushing their standards to the highest level possible, and also keeping their screenplay more mature than other animes, not just aiming for kids...

Until "all of the sudden "... in the middle of the season, the ratings had an impressive surge, and it also includes the selling of their toys and a more loyal and thicker fanbase that were in love with the story and their characters, to the point that, when the season ended, Gundam became one of the highest grossed productions of entertainment in Japan!

A very inspiring story indeed!???????

P.S: just as a side note, another thing that caught my attention was the fact that the majority of the main artists were in their 30s at the time of the production,  this is very inspiring for me, you would expect this kind of project for that targeted Audience to be handled by some wiz kids in their 20s, that was not at all the case, and maybe that's one of the reasons why the show was a huge success,  because with age you'd be able to add more depth to your experiences which might have been imprinted into the Anime(who knows)???

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

On 25/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, EmptyVase said:

This is what I call an "Existential Joke"??

Camus would have laughed his ass off if he was alive!??

Very good one @EmptyVase!???

Edited by Bernardo Carleial