Sempiternity

Prediction: What is going to happen to Trump AFTER the election?

60 posts in this topic

Nothing is for certain, but lets make some educated predictions of the aftermath of the election. 

As of the election probable outcomes:

1. Biden wins by a landslide.
  2.  Through cheating Trump ekes out a win.
    • Manipulating the Electoral college, the Republicans are able to stay in power.
    • Russia is able to manipulate the voting data somehow to show Trump winning.
    • Trump losses, disputes the election and takes it to the Supreme Court. With the addition of Trump henchmen Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh, the decision will most likely favor Trump, thereby him successfully stealing the election. 

But lets go with, for the sake of this post, that Biden does win by a landslide, and Trump's efforts to steal the election fail. What then will happen to Trump?

Right now there are dozens and dozens of criminal charges waiting for Trump. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/politics/trump-election-legal-reckoning/index.html . Between the Manhattan district attorney's broad investigations, New York prosecutors, IRS criminal investigations, and possible treason charges from the new appointed Justice Department, any one of these could spell a lifetime in prison for Trump once he no longer has protection and immunity of the presidency to protect him.

If Trump looses, what is the most likely outcome?:

1. No investigations stick. He gets away with every crime.
    • Trump has a lifetime of getting away with crimes with no consequences. So maybe he will be able to weasel his way out of any repercussions for all his crimes. Our country has shown that the rich can buy their way out of anything. 
  2. Trump gets convicted of one or all of his crimes and goes to prison.
    • His arrogance has him think he can beat the system, cause he always has. Biden and his new cabinet and justice department arrest him and all his associates to make an example of them, to restore public trust that the system is not broken. 
  3. Biden pardons Trump. 
    • Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon of all crimes. So the precedent is there for this to happen. 
  4. Trump causes a civil war to keep him in power despite the loss of the election.
    • He is certainly hinting at this as a possibility or wish of his, but this seems like a very unlikely scenario.  
  5. Trump, immediately upon losing the election, flees the country to avoid any prosecution.
    • To me, this is the most likely scenario. 
    • Two days ago Trump talked about losing the election and fleeing the country. https://www.thewrap.com/trump-if-loses-says-maybe-leave-country/.
    • The United States and Russia do not have an extradition treaty. It is well known Trump and Putin have a strong relationship. So if Trump flees to Russia before American authorities can stop him, he will be safe from consequences for his crimes. 

What scenario do you see happening with Trump after the election? 

44 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

1. Biden pardons Trump. 
    • Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon of all crimes. So the precedent is there for this to happen.

Ford was Nixon's vp though. I think a more likely scenario(given Biden wins) is that trump steps down out between november and inauguration to give pence the power to give him a blanket pardon. 

Part of Trump’s problem will be that he no longer has the power of the presidency. He may try to stay relevant with his own media network and declarations he will run again in 2024, yet he will no longer have loyal sycophants hungry for power. He will no longer have a federal justice department protecting him. And who with power will put their ass on the line to protect Trump? He’s burned all his bridges. Even now, Republicans are distancing themselves from him. The party will move on post-Trump.

I don’t think there will be a lot to be gained for Biden and congressional democrats to go after Trump with the federal judicial department and hearings. People want to move on and it may backfire as revenge seeking. Yet I think there will still be lawsuits and legal proceedings. Some Trump-appointed judges may be sympathetic to him, yet I think conservatives are more out to protect the ideology of conservatism and won’t be as motivated to protect the personality of Trump. And I think there is a decent chance Trump becomes toxic to conservatives and they start trying to distance and launder themselves - and gaslight the public with stuff like “I was never a Trump loyalist. I spoke out against Trump years before other republicans in Congress”.

39 minutes ago, louhad said:

Ford was Nixon's vp though. I think a more likely scenario(given Biden wins) is that trump steps down out between november and inauguration to give pence the power to give him a blanket pardon. 

If Trump realizes he is going to lose for sure, his last bit of leverage is that he can cause chaos and violence. He could bargain with democrats that he will leave peacefully if they grant him a pardon. I could see establishment democrats going with it to “bring the country back together” and “to heal”. Establishment democrats are weak republicans. They are mostly interested in the status quo, comfort, their job security and that their corporate donors are happy. 

From a purely self preservation standpoint, I do wonder what the odds are of Trump stepping down during the lame duck period so that Pence can pardon him?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

35 minutes ago, louhad said:

I think a more likely scenario(given Biden wins) is that trump steps down out between november and inauguration to give pence the power to give him a blanket pardon. 

Good point, I missed that possibility. I wonder if that happened, the new presidency and cabinet could overturn that. 

I guess this forum has no problem with conspiracy , low quality posts if it feeds their ego. 

Edited by Claymoree

Pardon only works for federal charges, not states. He's on the hook for state charges. NYC better not screw it up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, louhad said:

@Claymoree nobody is being conspiratorial. Just predictions about what will potentially happen. Nothing is set in stone. 

Not at all , one sided rant, with only possible outcome of Biden winning, if he losses it must be because Trump cheated, following with him going to jail , because he must , if not only because he is being forgiven. 

Edited by Claymoree

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Manipulating the Electoral college, the Republicans are able to stay in power.

It looks like Trump and gang are behaving as if they hoped that all ballots wouldn't be counted but I don't understand how they'd be able to steal the election through the college that way. Sure, they could steal southern states (except VA) but I don't see how they can get enough electoral votes without somehow stealing a state which has a Democratic governor or which is so blue its Republican governor is anti-Trump.

Do tell what I'm missing.

Edited by commie

30 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

one sided rant, with only possible outcome of Biden winning.

Because the current model has Biden with a 91% chance of winning, so going off of facts, not opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

if he losses it must be because Trump cheated 

Because everything he does is cheating, it's his main trait as a human being. Look to pretty much everything he has done and said in his entire life for evidence. 

22 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Because the current model has Biden with a 91% chance of winning, so going off of facts, not opinion. 

Because everything he does is cheating, it's his main trait as a human being. Look to pretty much everything he has done and said in his entire life for evidence. 

Not a fact, it is just some pool, it is just  your opinion on him being  liar, cheater and believing that he can cheat elections outcome by changing it internally is ridiculous, just as your belief that there is no way that there will be more states, people voting for Trump. 

My post was not targeted on your opinion, my post was targeted at double standards of people running this  forum who are to woke to see their own bs. 

Edited by Claymoree

@Claymoree What the heck, go fact-check anything that comes out of Trump's mouth. It's mostly empty bragging or lies. Multi-account? They are not allowed on this forum.

Anywho, going back to the main topic, anyone else have a prediction, what do you see happening with Trump after the election? 

10 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Anywho, going back to the main topic, anyone else have a prediction, what do you see happening with Trump after the election? 

32 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Claymoree What the heck, go fact-check anything that comes out of Trump's mouth. It's mostly empty bragging or lies. Multi-account? They are not allowed on this forum.

I can fact check everything that comes out of your mouth too , won't be nice sight , especially when I will start to twist sentences as I want, very simple to twist words as you want, even if I don't, you will be surprised how much bs you spew on daily bases. 

Nothing to do with my main point of post,, but I guess you must jump somewhere when you don't have anything to say. 

It would be very helpful for everyone to return to basics , this work has consumed you and you can't even see it. 

Edited by Claymoree

@Claymoree Go fact-check any of my 1,500 posts. I am waiting eagerly for whatever "not nice" you will come-up with, haha.

15 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I think he will flee the country and become an internet celebrity peddling conspiracy theories or something like that.

Some people were actually speculating that he would fly to Russia.... xD

Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.

Here is what's going to happen. He will lose the election and then throw a big tantrum, say it was rigged, but none the less leave office. Biden will not pardon him of anything. He will then be held up in some sort of court battle in NY about his finances for decades which wont go anywhere and will be used as witch hunt propaganda to mobilize right wing voters for future elections. Trump will not be going to jail... let's be realistic here people. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 minute ago, Lyubov said:

Some people were actually speculating that he would fly to Russia.... xD

Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.

Here is what's going to happen. He will lose the election and then throw a big tantrum, say it was rigged, but none the less leave office. Biden will not pardon him of anything. He will then be held up in some sort of court battle in NY for decades which wont go anywhere and will be used as witch hunt propaganda to mobilize right wing voters for future elections. Trump will not be going to jail... let's be realistic here people. 

Realistically no one knows.