r0ckyreed

Solipsism is Truth: Everything is Imagination

156 posts in this topic

So I have been doing the Actuality vs. Concept practice for a few days, and I realize that everything I thought was true is just imagination.  

There is no me.  

There is no you.

 There is no mind.  

There are no other minds.  

The external world is imagination.

 The internal world is imagination.  

All memories are imagination.

The perspectives of others are imagination.

The Earth, stars, moon, sun are imagination.

I am imagination.

You are imagination.

My parents are imagination (even if they are in the room with me, they are still imagination.  All that is within experience seems to be objects, colors, shapes, sensations, and space.  No minds.).

I came to the conclusion that Direct Experience is all that exists.  The entire world is just this "perceptual bubble."  Anything that "I" imagination outside of this perceptual bubble is inside of the perceptual bubble.  This perceptual bubble or Direct Experience is not happening to anyone, it is what it is.  Everything else is imagination.

All other perceptual bubbles are imagination.  

All that exists is Direct Experience.

 When "I" realized this, "I" realize that "I" am completely alone, and right now, "I" am talking to "my" imagination.

This seems like Solipsism without a self, ego, or subject.  This perceptual bubble or Direct Experience (that the ego claims to own) seems to be the only thing that is Actual.  Everything else is imagination.  It's almost like "my" entire life, which is imaginary has been spent "talking" with its imaginary friends, within imagination. 

How is this any different from Solipsism?  

I remember reading Jed Mckenna's Spiritual Enlightenment book and he says that Solipsism "is defined as the belief that the only thing you can know for certain is that 'you' exist, and that any other true knowledge is impossible.  But, like I say, it's not really a belief.  It's just the way it is ... Body, planet, space, time, people, everything else is taken on faith" (Jed McKenna, p. 155-156).

How is Direct Experience (DE) any different from Solipsism?  DE is all that is and can be known right?  There is no other way to "access" reality without DE.  Everything is DE.

 

 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pointers for you:

  • Solipsism is in imagination
  • Solipsism requires an "observer" that is separate from the "observed" (how else do you know you are alone?)
  • Paradoxically, Solipsism requires the absence of other observers (how else do you know you are alone?). But where did they go?
  • DE by your definition is everything, so that would include both the observer and the observed - Solipsism is different in that case, because of the separation.
Edited by LastThursday

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay.  It just really feels like Solipsism.  This perceptual bubble seems to be the entire world.  Anything else imagined outside of this world is imagination.

In "my" experience, the observer and observation itself is imagination.  All that there is, is just Pure Being.  

I am not really sure how else I can explain it, but this perceptual bubble that "I" seem to be in defines everything that "I" can know.  Other minds and other perceptual bubbles are imaginary, which seems like Solipsism, which is also imagination itself.

What exists beyond the bubble of perception?  I don't know, but whatever it is I think it is, it is imagination.  Everything outside of the bubble of perception is imaginary, which seems to be no different than solipsism.

I realize that solipsism is itself an idea and worldview, but it seems like that it is the best description of what is happening.  Like Jed McKenna says: "It's not just a belief, it's just the way it is."

 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed I’ll put it out plainly and simply.

Reality is a VR experience that infinite imagination/god created to experience connection and to share it’s own love. 
 

Solipsism is true in the absolute because all the people you meet are you, past and future incarnations of yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

@r0ckyreed I’ll put it out plainly and simply.

Reality is a VR experience that infinite imagination/god created to experience connection and to share it’s own love. 
 

Solipsism is true in the absolute because all the people you meet are you, past and future incarnations of yourself. 

I get that conceptually, but it feels like I cannot experience that in Actuality because it feels like I am inside of a fish bowl of perception (The fish in water). 
 

Any world outside of Direct Experience is conceptual in nature and cannot be known to exist. But then again, I don’t know that either.

It’s unknown to me about whether things continue to exist when they are not being observed. But do things exist even when “I” do “observe” them.

For instance, I am thinking of “my” bicycle. That is imagination. Does my bicycle exist beyond my senses and imagination? I don’t know. I think a better question is does that bicycle exist even when I am observing it? 

The world of the senses is the only world I have ever encountered. Every thought and imagination is based upon the senses. I assume that my senses are based in reality, but I do not really know.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, r0ckyreed said:

I get that conceptually, but it feels like I cannot experience that in Actuality because it feels like I am inside of a fish bowl of perception (The fish in water). 
 

Any world outside of Direct Experience is conceptual in nature and cannot be known to exist. But then again, I don’t know that either.

The world of the senses is the only world I have ever encountered. Every thought and imagination is based upon the senses. 

Let me go further, this could help.

You and your friend are looking at the same leaf, for example. This leaf is green.

Are there two instances of the color green? One yours and one in your friends brain?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed alright then.. Go pass the highway without turning right or left..

Remember When you don't see the cars.. They are just imagination 🤓


"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible"

-Albert Einstein. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Let me go further, this could help.

You and your friend are looking at the same leaf, for example. This leaf is green.

Are there two instances of the color green? One yours and one in your friends brain?

 

I don’t know. The only world I have ever know has been “my own.” 
 

I believe that we may be experiencing the same color differently, but I really do not know. I am imagining this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I don’t know. The only world I have ever know has been “my own.” 
 

I believe that we may be experiencing the same color differently, but I really do not know. I am imagining this.

Fair enough.

There is ONE instance of the color green and it’s not happening inside your brain. 

Everything you hear and see is exactly as it is. The colors you see are suspended in nothingness. 

The “universe” is perceiving itself. Neither you nor your friend have an instance of the color green. 

The color green is just floating in the vacuum of empty space. 

You aren’t experiencing sounds and colors - they are BEING for themselves.

The reason you know them is because the “air” or the “space” around you is what is actually conscious. Not your ego.

When you “walk” or move your body, it is not your body that is experiencing reality, it’s the space that wraps around you. 

You get it? 

Edited by justfortoday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@r0ckyreed alright then.. Go pass the highway without turning right or left..

Remember When you don't see the cars.. They are just imagination 🤓

What about when I do see cars? Aren’t they also imaginary too? I believe that my senses are reality, but I do not know this. All I know is that there is a direct experience of something happening. I could be inside of The Matrix, which would mean that all the senses that construct reality will all be false. There is no car, No human being, No walking, and No highway. Isn’t all of this the Matrix of duality?

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s how I see it. Reality is like a dream. Everything you experience in your dream: people, cars, conversations, trees, planets, aliens, what have you, they are all a product of your own mind. When you wake up, you realize that it was all you and was all your imagination. It never happened!
 

But the question is how is this, right here, “the waking world” different from “the dream world”?

Waking and Dreaming are one right? So that is what I mean by solipsism is True. Everything is imagination with no imaginator because that itself is imagination with the dream.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, r0ckyreed said:

Here’s how I see it. Reality is like a dream. Everything you experience in your dream: people, cars, conversations, trees, planets, aliens, what have you, they are all a product of your own mind. When you wake up, you realize that it was all you and was all your imagination. It never happened!
 

But the question is, how is this not the same thing as when we dream?

Yeah I like that analogy.

Also, when you “dream” how do you know that the characters you dreamt up did not have an existence of their own, just like you do in this dream?

A dream, couched inside a dream, inside a dream, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Yeah I like that analogy.

Also, when you “dream” how do you know that the characters you dreamt up did not have an existence of their own, just like you do in this dream?

A dream, couched inside a dream, inside a dream, etc.

That’s a good point, but it seems like they are “my” creation, but maybe the dream is just dreaming up that it is me dreaming that it is dreaming the dream. That was confusing, but basically the dream is dreaming “my life” and dreaming up other people and dreaming up conversations.

But the only world that I know is the one I am dreaming up now. Other dreams that I am imagining are imagination. Man I am going to meditate on this. Good point.


I am stuck in this dream, and the idea of other dreams seems like they cannot be known because all others are within the dream of me.
 

This is my main problem: how can I know anything outside of the dream?  This seems like solipsism to me because everything is just occuring with the dream of “my life.” The idea of other dreams are couched with “my” dream because that is all that I know.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

In "my" experience, the observer and observation itself is imagination.

Is the "my" in your sentence the same as the "observer" or different from it? Does "imagination" belong to the "my"?


Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But have you realized you are God?

It's way more radical than solipsism.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

Is the "my" in your sentence the same as the "observer" or different from it? Does "imagination" belong to the "my"?

When I look at my hand, I realize that there is no looking happening. Looking implies a looker, and all that there is, is just my hand. My hand is just Being with the rest of the world, but my hand is just a distinction in DE, and all distinctions are imaginary.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But have you realized you are God?

It's way more radical than solipsism.

That’s my problem. I watched your perception video with God being the sponge and me being the perceptual bubble, but when I look at my hand, all that exists is all that is in the perceptual bubble from my point of view.

All other perceptual bubbles, galaxies, universes, etc. that are outside of “my” perceptual bubble are imaginary from “my” point of view.
 

How can I experience all of the bubbles that are outside of “my” Direct Experience?

How can I have a Direct Experience of all the perceptual bubbles when “I” am stuck within my own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed You will need to change your state of consciousness.

Even if you experience all the other bubbles, they will still be inside your bubble and imagination.

Be careful not to confuse your currented limited state of consciousness for the limits of consciousness itself.

This is where smoking some DMT would be helpful.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@r0ckyreed You will need to change your state of consciousness.

Even if you experience all the other bubbles, they will still be inside your bubble and imagination.

Be careful not to confuse your currented limited state of consciousness for the limits of consciousness itself.

This is where smoking some DMT would be helpful.

Okay! Thanks everyone for your help. I will stare at my hands till the cows go home. Lol. 
 

Some day, I might start using shrooms with the actuality practice. I am not quite at a point right now in life where I can use psychedelics yet. I would prefer to do it Buddha style lol.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now