Martin123

Leo's toxic rhetoric and an inner conflict

351 posts in this topic

@mandyjw Just check his profile...

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There is an element of abuse on this forum that I have always sensed 

It feels weird. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I also feel like every time I stood up against the abuse on the forum, I was gaslighted and projected on very badly. That used to make me very nervous. 

@Martin123 would you abandon those who wish to exchange energy with you for their own healing?

Like myself, i know others don't deserve to get put inside a box so I'll do what i can to expose the corners/edges to the frames of mind. Rather than cast a shadow, own it. You get out to go back in, wiser. Healing is the way of life, and it never ends; basically the art of allowing 

Just now, How to be wise said:

@mandyjw Just check his profile...

I have since discovered that trick. Too late to save myself from some serious embarrassment and a good story though. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Martin123 What are examples of abuse, I'm curious? 

I haven't experienced abuse on this forum for like 3 yrs and pretty active on here, but I don't go looking for it either.

There are one offs, like that other thing you picked up on, but these are rare. 

And people on here are mildly edgy(no where near as edgy as face to face contact with ordinary people) but I don't see that edgy stuff coming from a desire to hurt others, but rather than a different form of expression, a form thats more direct and to the point, definitely a form I like because it gets right to the chase. Its perfect for striking the ego at the core. 

Nobody goes looking for abuse. What shitty logic. 

ab-use is off-use. it can be as toxic as praise yet be as beneficial as support, deepending on the situation 

This forum is made for people to seek help. Not for judging people who seek help 

Edited by Preety_India

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

would you abandon those who wish to exchange energy with you for their own healing?

That depends, the moment they start being disrespectful they are receiving no benefit from my healing light and I am being more of a distraction from the things they need to reconcile with alone when I’m not there, despite it being something they might not want. Often what someone wants and what they need doesn’t match up because we’ve been conditioned to crave things that are not good for us, that is the essence of addiction, and while we may not all be drug addicts, every ego has some type of an addiction before it is integrated, that is just the way of how egos are. 

5 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Healing is the way of life, and it never ends; basically the art of allowing 

I appreciate the emphasis on allowing, but allowing is often too passive.when we talk of healing we must talk of the most healing thing there is, which is love and more importantly self love, self love isn’t passive it is extremely dynamic. Like a parent caring for a child Who doesn’t just ‘allow the child’ to be, but makes a conscious and deliberate choice to be there for them no matter their circumstances of experiences. No matter what, I’m here with you honey, we will do this together, and know that I will love you and hold your hand through every part of this process. I love you and I make it known through my words, actions and intentions. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

A self help forum should not have even mild abuse going on. 

There's no excuse even for the one offs. 

7 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I haven't experienced abuse on this forum for like 3 yrs and pretty active on here, but I don't go looking for it either.

As someone who has different viewpoint on many things than most people here and who is not afraid to express it I can often become a target of the emotional responses my sharing is triggering within others, it is just the way it is, I share, someone gets triggered, and then they project, and I send blessings and press ignore, and life goes on until I decisively leave this place... 

Not saying people go looking for abuse, I'm trying to say that I am not discounting that there is abuse on this forum, there may be lots of it, but because I don't look for it, I may not see it.

I wrote that specifically because I thought people would get offended by me saying there's no abuse on this forum.

I think people just have different levels of sensitivities and triggers and get offended more easily then others, and maybe the edgy ones are just less aware of that because they themselves don't get offended that easily. I don't see many people genuinely using this forum as a way of trolling and hurting others. But I'm open to the possibility that there's shit loads of abuse going on. And I'm saying that I'm right. 

EDIT *not *not, better write that before getting my ass kicked. 

Edited by electroBeam

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

think people just have different levels of sensitivities and triggers and get offended more easily then others, and maybe the edgy ones are just less aware of that because they themselves don't get offended that easily

This is true.

1 minute ago, Martin123 said:

As someone who has different viewpoint on many things than most people here and who is not afraid to express it I can often become a target of the emotional responses my sharing is triggering within others, it is just the way it is, I share, someone gets triggered, and then they project, and I send blessings and press ignore, and life goes on until I decisively leave this place... 

Sorry to hear that, its tough when you go against the mob when you're just trying to help. I trigger shit loads of people on here too just because I have a very different view and perspective and approach to spirituality on here(like getting banned xD) and because I'm a bit of an idiot too, but fortunately I don't get abused.

2 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

That depends, the moment they start being disrespectful they are receiving no benefit from my healing light and I am being more of a distraction from the things they need to reconcile with alone when I’m not there, despite it being something they might not want. Often what someone wants and what they need doesn’t match up because we’ve been conditioned to crave things that are not good for us, that is the essence of addiction, and while we may not all be drug addicts, every ego has some type of an addiction before it is integrated, that is just the way of how egos are. 

addiction is a thought, so is an ego, a function of the whole

4 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

I appreciate the emphasis on allowing, but allowing is often too passive.when we talk of healing we must talk of the most healing thing there is, which is love and more importantly self love, self love isn’t passive it is extremely dynamic. Like a parent caring for a child Who doesn’t just ‘allow the child’ to be, but makes a conscious and deliberate choice to be there for them no matter their circumstances of experiences. No matter what, I’m here with you honey, we will do this together, and know that I will love you and hold your hand through every part of this process. I love you and I make it known through my words, actions and intentions.

allow the child to cry, to work out their own fears. Not to be too quick to judge the emotions. 

@DrewNows I’m certainly not going to debate over this Drew.

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I'm a bit of an idiot too, but fortunately I don't get abused.

Well you see that is because we have a different threshold for what abuse is and isn’t, I perceive calling oneself an idiot as self-abuse, because it is a deliberate verbal attack on your persona.

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

A self help forum should not have even mild abuse going on. 

There's no excuse even for the one offs. 

but that's duality, what else can we do but take responsibility for our own attention/values/perception? 

@Martin123 debating assumes there's just one "right" way to see/view things, your way is right for you but may not be agreed upon by others

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

but that's duality, what else can we do but take responsibility for our own attention/values/perception? 

You’re using non-dual ideas to justify your fear of commitment. 
no need to play sharrades about how enlightened we are when we’re just scared to commit.