Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral Wizard

How to find "ideal" friends?

12 posts in this topic

What is an effective way to build your dream (10/10) social life?

How do you find like-minded friends or people that are on the same wavelength? Conscious people are so rare... 

The best way I found so far is to become a "high-value" person (get your shit sorted), host social events, and build a personal brand around your purpose.

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

1 hour ago, Spiral Wizard said:

The best way I found so far is to become a "high-value" person (get your shit sorted), host social events, and build a personal brand around your purpose.

which will give you 80% value leechers. 

Imo life is to be lived by you for you, until faith puts some people into your life. 
Thats why early friendships are so amazing. You become friends both having zero value and 100% potential. Once you manifest value, other people put you into a box. 

Real friends are rare because they wouldnt be valueable otherwise. Appreciate it. 

Try to be the friend you wish you had.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Spiral Wizard

If you want to attract conscious people, first thing I would do is focus on raising your own consciousness. From a law of attraction perspective, people on the same wavelength are bound to meet. And I've found that to be true in my experience. Even if there's only one conscious person in a group of ten, I will somehow end up talking to that person.

More practically, just start going to places where people you want to meet hang out. It's usually not that hard to find the places / events. Instagram is your friend when it comes to this. Go there regularly so people recognize your face even if you don't actually meet.

Once you're there, make friends with everyone. Social circles have a exponential effect, meaning one friend could lead you to meeting 10 more. And each of those 10 could lead you to meeting 10 more.

After that, if you want to become some sort of host / organizer / leader you can certainly do that. It may help. But I wouldn't consider it necessary.

I don't think that looking for ideal (like-minded, etc) people is the right approach to relationships so I was never too interested in developing a strategy for "acquiring" them. There is so much depth to humans that trying to deliberately find one that is similar to you seems absurd to me. Yet, similar people exist and are attracted to each other, huh?

I think that a much better strategy would be to develop your own fluidity and go through life with variety of people. This way, shared experiences are what makes you similar, even if structure remains different. So, my strategy is simply to stick to it until it gets better.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Practising self-expression: It's important for people to get to know you. What interets you, what your values are, what your hobbies are, etc.

Exposing yourself to places where you're likely to meet like-minded people: workshops, retreats, seminars.

Be open: you can meet friend-material people in totally random places.

I only have 2-3 people like this in my life. It's not easy to find these kind of people :(

I find meeting people at a stage green in the spiritual community are great friends. If you want to connect with people i suggest looking into mirroring and watch Leo's perspective video, That will allow you to make clear distinctions on people and who is right for you in your friendships.

12 hours ago, neutralempty said:

"How do you find like-minded friends or people that are on the same wavelength? Conscious people are so rare... "

I guess expressing high consciousness in crowded environments?

I don't think that is a good strategy. You really need to address people where they are at. If you are level 700 consciousness and you only accept 700+ consciousness level friends you will have a lonely life. People are not static, perhaps you can meet people with consciousness level 500 and elevate them for example. Sometimes one also doesn't have a choice and it will have to be ok with lesser conscious friends, or perhaps start with low conscious friends and then move up.

In Tate we trust

On 01/10/2020 at 0:49 AM, UDT said:

Imo life is to be lived by you for you, until faith puts some people into your life. 
Thats why early friendships are so amazing. You become friends both having zero value and 100% potential. Once you manifest value, other people put you into a box. 

Real friends are rare because they wouldnt be valueable otherwise. Appreciate it. 

@UDT Wow, very insightful! 

On 01/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, nistake said:

Exposing yourself to places where you're likely to meet like-minded people: workshops, retreats, seminars.

Be open: you can meet friend-material people in totally random places.

I only have 2-3 people like this in my life. It's not easy to find these kind of people :(

@nistake yikes, have you followed your own advice or did you meet those 2-3 people by circumstance/accident?

On 01/10/2020 at 0:50 PM, Rolo said:

I find meeting people at a stage green in the spiritual community are great friends. If you want to connect with people i suggest looking into mirroring and watch Leo's perspective video, That will allow you to make clear distinctions on people and who is right for you in your friendships.

@Rolo Yeah, it hurts to lower my standards but I agree. 
This is quite applicable/practical advice because SD stage green is kind of the last stage that is “readily available” haha, all stages above are just too rare (I did not mean to be harsh or to talk down on anyone, this is just the most direct way to put it).

Stage green folks are also pretty much defined by the “ideal” attributes of a good friend: communal, kind, social, open, etc.  

@aurum thank you! 

@tsuki I like that! 

@StarStruck agree. 

On 01/10/2020 at 0:49 AM, UDT said:

@UDT Unfortunately, my early friendships withered away because we just did not share any interests anymore. 
When you work on yourself and develop at insane rates how do you prevent losing interest in friends that do not? 
It is a recurring theme in my life that I meet new people but outgrow them within 3-6 month.

It is a blessing and a curse... I mean, I still like them and we keep contact but those relationships are just not fulfilling. 

I miss having someone that is 100% on my wavelength or even 80% haha

I miss the conversations where you resonate on such a high level that hours pass like minutes... 

It is so fucking rare! 

Edited by Spiral Wizard

You can find like minded people at events you feel drawn to, like psychedelic festivals, vegan food workshops, yoga classes etc...

@Spiral Wizard Pretty much both.

I already knew those people, but I wasn't aware of the fact that they were intereseted in spirituality and consciousness-related things. At one point I just randomly started talking about what I'm really interested in and it took me by surprise that they were also interested in those things. From that point on, we regurarly had "sessions", meaning we went to a public place (coffee shops, pubs, etc) and started discussing these matters. I really enjoyed these kind of deep conversations.

Other example: I attend a hatha yoga class every week. Recently one of the attendants (a young pretty girl) has become an instructor. She started to teach classes and I thought I'd partake in her classes because I really liked her method and style. But that's pretty much all I knew about her. At the end of one of the classes I just asked her if she practised meditation or any kind of spiritual practise. She said yes and we had a really great conversation. We immediately connected.

There are no ideal people, remember that. You're not perfect too)

Edited by LilyDI