Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

What is the experience of infinity?

148 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Moksha You as a separate individual will die permanently. 

The irony is that since nothing is permanent, not even the truth of non-duality is permanent.

So you can go back to duality world, as most of us do.

8 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

The irony is that since nothing is permanent, not even the truth of non-duality is permanent.

So you can go back to duality world, as most of us do.

There is no world of duality to begin with. That's the illusion. It's a paradox. You won't die. You are already dead. You won't cease to exist as an individual. You don't exist right now at the peak of your belief of your separate existence. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's just there is something that is realizing all realizations but itself isn't a realization

Why itsnt itself a realization? Maybe it's the most important realization . When you realize the void you are the void, there is no one there, but how you can remember it? Could you realize the void with meditation? Or did you realised one time? 

@Someone here You are Awareness, which is aware of itself. That Awareness is peace, intelligence, creativity, and love. You don't feel these qualities, you are them.

On dying, yes. The little self will die, and it's ok to mourn that. Reminds me of  the aspirant who discovered his  Zen master on a rock crying.

"Master, why are you crying?”.

“I have just lost my son.”

“But if everything is an illusion why are you crying?” 

“Because this is the saddest illusion of them all.”

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are already dead. You won't cease to exist as an individual.

True in a way but not in other. You as individual exist in the same way that a thought exist. In the same moment that a thought appears in the nothingness, it exist. Call it illusion, or as you want, but until it dissolves, it is something. Not nothing. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no world of duality to begin with. That's the illusion. It's a paradox. You won't die. You are already dead. You won't cease to exist as an individual. You don't exist right now at the peak of your belief of your separate existence. 

As I said other times, illusion is all there is. 

So saying "you don´t exist because you are an illusion" or "there´s no duality world because duality is an illusion" doesn´t cut it :) 

Accepting that the ego doesn´t have control in wheter God is lost in ego or not, is actually the a bitter pill to swallow, but it´s a step forward to liberation, I believe. 

@Javfly33 @Breakingthewall @Moksha it's actually not possible to communicate it into words. You guys need to directly experience what I'm talking about. Otherwise it will never make any sense. Every attempt to conceptualize it will fail because it's infinte paradoxical nature will always escape any fixed conceptual description. Go for direct experience. Find out what is true. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

You are Awareness, which is aware of itself. That Awareness is peace, intelligence, creativity, and love

How do you know that? Maybe peace , etc, are illusion too. Nothing could be said without doubt

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

You guys need to directly experience what I'm talking about.

All of us had some experience about it, that's why we are interested, At least me. What about you? Do you realize the no thing by meditation ? The void and the no time is a very deep and no ego realization. I think it's really difficult have it naturally

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

All of us had some experience about it, that's why we are interested, At least me. What about you? Do you realize the no thing by meditation ? The void and the no time is a very deep and no ego realization. I think it's really difficult have it naturally

Yes. Meditation alone. No psychedelics involved. Just calm your mind completely. And look at who you are. It will be revealed to "you". You are a nobody. As expected ;)

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

How do you know that? Maybe peace , etc, are illusion too. Nothing could be said without doubt

Ultimately, Self-knowledge is the only knowledge. I don't frequently agree with @Someone here, but his last post about direct experience was spot on. You can only know the truth of who you are by experiencing it directly. If concepts are involved, that's not it.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. Meditation alone. No psychedelics involved. Just calm your mind completely. And look at who you are. It will be revealed to "you". You are a nobody. As expected ;)

Great realization, over all if you can realize it every time you meditate. You know the theory about spirituality I think. Sure you have read that the experience of the void is a step before to the realization of the self. Maybe it's true , maybe not. 

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Ultimately, Self-knowledge is the only knowledge. I don't frequently agree with @Someone here, but his last post about direct experience was spot on. You can only know the truth of who you are by experiencing it directly. If concepts are involved, that's not it.

You could have a direct experience and it could be a projection of your mind. The illusion have many faces . I don't mean that you are wrong of course. And the concepts...after any realization the concepts came, inevitably

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

. Sure you have read that the experience of the void is a step before to the realization of the self. Maybe it's true , maybe not. 

The Self=the Void.  Also you don't realize it because it's who you already are. Let go of trying to realize anything and abide as what is left. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

The Self=the Void

True, I don't realize that. I realize the void and it don't give me any peace , it's void, inmutable, stuck in the no time, without any property as "self"

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You could have a direct experience and it could be a projection of your mind. The illusion have many faces . I don't mean that you are wrong of course. And the concepts...after any realization the concepts came, inevitably

I once dreamed that I dreamed that I was dreaming. Yes, even direct, undeniable, nonconceptual experience could be an illusion. But it's the closest thing we have to existential knowledge.

Descartes took a step when he deduced, "I think, therefore I am." The gurus take it one step further: "I observe, therefore I am." And the ascended take the final step: "I am."

Edited by Moksha

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

I once dreamed that I dreamed that I was dreaming. Yes, even direct, undeniable, nonconceptual experience could be an illusion. But it's the closest thing we have to existential knowledge.

Descartes took a step when he deduced, "I think, therefore I am." The gurus take it one step further: "I observe, therefore I am." And the masters take the final step: "I am."

People here reject that there's a Self. So what are you talking about? Nothing is happening, there's no doer, no free will... It just is. Period.

@Breakingthewall dude practice self-inquiry. Meditation by focusing awareness on your identity  then you can verify what I'm talking about. Ramana maharshi's method is very effective. Who am I?  This(X) ? No because I am aware of it.. And keep deconstructing etc. 

If it doesn't resonate. No worries. What matters is your truth.  You eventually will come to realize. You can't be anything that arises. If it arises and disappears. It can't be "you". That is of course every sensation every thought every feeling every concept everything.  If you are not any of that. Then what are you?

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Member said:

People here reject that there's a Self. So what are you talking about? Nothing is happening, there's no doer, no free will... It just is. Period.

In the transcendent dimension, there is only being. In the form dimension, there is only doing. Human beings are a hybrid of the two dimensions, and we have the capacity to both be and do. Until we die, and then we dissolve and we're back to only being :)