Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

What is the experience of infinity?

148 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Moksha I don't follow any scriptures.. Gurus.. Teachers etc.  I'm the infinite Self myself.  No one knows me or can tell me about my self better than me. Since I am it. And there is nothing but me. 

The only truth that matters is your own. That said, if your truth contradicts the collective wisdom of thousands of years from people that have achieved enlightenment like the Buddha and Jesus, it may be worth considering whether your truth is subject to growth.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

16 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The only truth that matters is your own. That said, if your truth contradicts the collective wisdom of thousands of years from people that have achieved enlightenment like the Buddha and Jesus, it may be worth considering whether your truth is subject to growth.

. There is no buddha.. No Jesus..no thousands of years etc.. What you see is your own dream.  You can keep focusing on the external projections.. The empty unsubstantial ever-changing dissipating phenomenon aka illusions. Or you can turn inward and realize that which projects but is not a projection.. That which is empty but is ever-present.. That which produces distinctions but doesn't have any distinctions.  

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

. There is no budhha.. No Jesus..no thousands of years etc.. What you see is your own dream.  You can keep focusing on the external projections.. The empty unsubstantial ever-changing dissipating phenomenon aka illusions. Or you can turn inward and realize that which projects but is not a projection.. That which is empty but is ever-present.. That which produces distinctions but doesn't have any distinctions.  

Sounds very conceptual. Do you really believe Buddha and everyone else on the planet is a figment of your imagination? If so why are you even following the teachings of Buddha? You quote platitudes like "that which is empty but is ever-present" but where did those words come from and why do you believe them?

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Sounds very conceptual. Do you really believe Buddha and everyone else on the planet is a figment of your imagination? If so why are you even following the teachings of Buddha? You quote platitudes like "that which is empty but is ever-present" but where did those words come from and why do you believe them?

And again you are focusing on the externalized projections of your own mind rather than observing yourself creating them.  You can become aware of this process. You don't have to be Albert Einstein to get this. You can become conscious right now that there is no Buddha.. He never existed and never exists except as a concept in your mind right now.  And so is the rest of of the externalized projected ephemeral illusions that you call your life.. The universe.. The planet. Etc.  Nothing is real. Except you. As nothing.    

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And again you are focusing on the externalized projections of your own mind rather than observing yourself creating them.  You can become aware of this process. You don't have to be Albert Einstein to get this. You can become conscious right now that there is no Buddha.. He never existed and never exists except as a concept in your mind right now.  And so is the rest of of the externalized projected ephemeral illusions that you call your life.. The universe.. The planet. Etc.  Nothing is real. Except you. As nothing.    

If you are the only one that exists who are you talking to? Am I a thought form you have created as well?

People paint themselves into a conceptual corner with this stuff. It makes no sense to apply the teachings of Buddha to your life in order to draw conclusions about your existence, only to deny that Buddha and his teachings are anything but your own creation.

Edited by Moksha

15 minutes ago, Moksha said:

If you are the only one that exists who are you talking to? Am I a thought form you have created as well? 

No "one" exists.

Ultimate reality is indescribable impersonal ever-unknown ever-known. Ever-changing ever-present

. all dualities must collapse. You me. Alone together.  

It isn't anything you think it is.. It just is. 

. The best word to describe it is nothing . Because it confuses the fuck out of your mind. You don't know what to do with nothing. You don't know what it means. And that's precisely what Is needed.  Complete not knowing. Absolutely not knowing. And when you can't not know more because you are absolutely not knowing.. Then you can't go further.. All the sudden the circle is complete. You end up with actual knowledge. Of your being. Knowledge dissolving into being. Into nothing . 

The mind is trying to grasp.. The mind is always missing the whole fucking "point". 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The mind is trying to grasp.. The mind is always missing the whole fucking "point". 

Which is why Buddha described enlightenment as "no mind". You seem to accept this part of Buddha's teaching, while ignoring the part about enlightenment being inseparable from joy. Either Buddha was a real person or he wasn't. Either his teachings reflect ultimate reality or they don't. If everything is an illusion, the teachings you're using to draw that conclusion are themselves an illusion. So why accept them in the first place?

@Moksha I will try to put this as simple as possible.  You are an awareness of now. That's all. This awareness of now is "made of" imagined distinctions where there are no distinctions other than imagined which is itself a distinction.  So awareness - of- now is a distinction. You just are. You are not aware of now. You are not the now either. You are not anything. You are just what you are. This is the most simple obvious fact ever yet the mind can't get it because it can't still lmao. 

There is no Buddha. You imagine him. And I'm imagining that there is no Buddha except in my imagination. Because imagination=reality. 

Try this... 

Can you imagine an imaginary imagination that can imagine an imagination that can imagine an imagination that can imagine itself as not imagination but as reality that then can imagine an imaginary imagination that then imagines that everything is an imagination?    

If you can't don't worry.. It's infinitely more radical than that. 

-Osho

@Someone here I hear you, and I understand.

What I'm asking is, how did you arrive at this conclusion in the first place? At some point in your life, you encountered the idea and you began exploring it. Where do you think the idea that Awareness is all there is came from?

Do you believe that the Awareness that is behind my human form typing these words exists? If so, do you believe the Awareness that was behind Buddha's words exists? If so, how do you reconcile that my experience of Awareness and the Buddha's experience of Awareness don't match your own experience of Awareness?

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

What I'm asking is, how did you arrive at this conclusion in the first place? At some point in your life, you encountered the idea and you began exploring it. Where do you think the idea that Awareness is all there is came from?

Ideas come and go. What doesn't come and go?   Don't think it. You can't think it.  You can't bring to light..make seen.. Make realized.. That which is already ever-presently the case.  

4 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Do you believe that the Awareness that is behind my human form typing these words exists? If so, do you believe the Awareness that was behind Buddha's words exists? If so, how do you reconcile that my experience of Awareness and the Buddha's experience of Awareness don't match your own experience of Awareness

There is no ultimate answer to this question.  There is no absolute truth found in words and concepts. You are real and not real at the same time. It's relative. 

Is this world real?   Yes and no. It's relative. When you are at deep sleep. There is no world. When you are awake. There appears to be a world.  It's all relative to certain things.   The absolute however is beyond that bullshit. Your real nature which is producing these distinctions while itself having no distinctions is ever-true. Ever-present. Why are you concerning yourself with the relative illusions.? When you Can discover your ultimate absolute nature and become free as you already are? 

-Osho

This is the best representation of what infinity feels like:

recursion_02.gif

Don't take it too literally.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Moksha @Someone here Time is part of the dream. As in, the "present moment" meditation gurus always talk about isn't in seconds or human time. It's eternal being, and all things including human physical time happen within its creation. So, your experience and Buddha's experience happen as relative objects within eternal being as purely conceptually different.

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is this world real?   Yes and no. It's relative. When you are at deep sleep. There is no world. When you are awake. There appears to be a world.  It's all relative to certain things.   The absolute however is beyond that bullshit. Your real nature which is producing these distinctions while itself having no distinctions is ever-true. Ever-present. Why are you concerning yourself with the relative illusions.? When you Can discover your ultimate absolute nature and become free as you already are? 

Yes. All I can tell you is that enlightenment, as I experience it and as it has been described by others, is more than a conceptual recognition of emptiness. There is a sense to spaciousness that is infinitely deeper than the human mind can comprehend. It is the Source that ultimately connects all of us, and that connection is love. I don't find it coincidental that Buddha and Jesus use words like peace, abundance, and joy to describe enlightenment. Rather than dismissing them as illusions, perhaps their experience can be a pointer for your own.

Edited by Moksha

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is the best representation of what infinity feels like:

recursion_02.gif

Don't take it too literally.

Beautiful, thank you.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Yes. All I can tell you is that enlightenment, as I experience it and as it has been described by others, is more than a conceptual recognition of emptiness. There is a sense to spaciousness that is infinitely deeper than the human mind can comprehend. It is the Source that ultimately connects all of us, and that connection is love. I don't find it coincidental that Buddha and Jesus use words like peace, abundance, and joy to describe enlightenment. Rather than dismissing them as illusions, perhaps their experience can be a pointer for your own.

Can there be everlasting peace.. Abundance and joy?  Isn't peace the opposite of disturbance?  How can you be at peace without knowing disturbance?  How can you know joy without knowing misery and suffering?   Aren't these relative?   Is joy an absolute? Is any particular limited emotion or feeling an absolute? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Can there be everlasting peace.. Abundance and joy?  Isn't peace the opposite of disturbance?  How can you be at peace without knowing disturbance?  How can you know joy without knowing misery and suffering?   Aren't these relative?   Is joy an absolute? Is any particular limited emotion or feeling an absolute? 

Yes, if you believe Jesus, Buddha, Laozi, Krishna, or anyone else that describes the realization of enlightenment. But ultimately you won't know the answer until you experience it for yourself. Suffering is the path to infinite  peace and happiness. Have you suffered enough yet?

The mind asks a lot of questions, but it has no real answers. When you still the mind, even for a moment, what happens then? I remember sleeping under the stars as a kid, and just looking up at the night sky without any thoughts going through my head. I felt awed, humbled, connected...but none of those words were in my head. It just was

That's what awakening feels like. It's not something you can logic your way into. It literally is the state of no-mind, being alive awareness.

When Jesus talked about everlasting life, he wasn't referring to living in the clouds with a bearded white god for eternity. He said the Kingdom of Heaven is within us. Another way of saying it is, "the Dimension of Spaciousness is within us". It is "no-thing", but it is lively and infinitely abundant.

Edited by Moksha

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Yes, if you believe Jesus, Buddha, Laozi, Krishna, or anyone else that describes the realization of enlightenment. But ultimately you won't know the answer until you experience it for yourself. Suffering is the path to infinite  peace and happiness. Have you suffered enough yet?

The mind asks a lot of questions, but it has no real answers. When you still the mind, even for a moment, what happens then? I remember sleeping under the stars as a kid, and just looking up at the night sky without any thoughts going through my head. I felt awed, humbled, connected...but none of those words were in my head. It just was

That's what awakening feels like. It's not something you can logic your way into. It literally is the state of no-mind, being alive awareness.

When Jesus talked about everlasting life, he wasn't referring to living in the clouds with a bearded white god for eternity. He said the Kingdom of Heaven is within us. Another way of saying it is, "the Dimension of Spaciousness is within us". It is "no-thing", but it is lively and infinitely abundant.

It's neutral. Because it holds all opposites and transcends them.  It's only the ego who wants to think of reality as pure goodness. Because it can't accept reality with all its ups and downs. With all its beauty and its ugliness as well .  You are afraid of the infinity that you are. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

I remember sleeping under the stars as a kid, and just looking up at the night sky without any thoughts going through my head. I felt awed, humbled, connected...but none of those words were in my head. It just was.

Lol, at the age of two or three I've learned to count up to two... and one night I was outside with a friend laying on the ground "talking" about stars. She was 3 or 4 years old and said that the stars are bubble lights. I didn't care too much about what they were, so I just started counting each of them "ONE... TWO... ONE... TWO...". But luckily enough for my friend, the night was short, so I gave up on "counting" all the stars xD

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's neutral. Because it holds all opposites and transcends them.  It's only the ego who wants to think of reality as pure goodness. Because it can't accept reality with all its ups and downs. With all its beauty and its ugliness as well .  You are afraid of the infinity that you are. 

Tell that to the spiritual masters ;)

It is not a denial of suffering, but rather a transcendence. Do you know anyone that has been diagnosed with a terminal illness? Sometimes, rather than depressing people, a death sentence sets them free. They see the world with new eyes. Every breath becomes a gift. True joy, humility, and appreciation for the life they have left. They aren't fooling themselves by denying that death is at their doorstep; to the contrary, the imminence of their demise is the key that unlocks their prison.

24 minutes ago, Member said:

Lol, at the age of two or three I've learned to count up to two... and one night I was outside with a friend laying on the ground "talking" about stars. She was 3 or 4 years old and said that the stars are bubble lights. I didn't care too much about what they were, so I just started counting each of them "ONE... TWO... ONE... TWO...". But luckily enough for my friend, the night was short, so I gave up on "counting" all the stars xD

Lol, so there are just two stars multiplied by infinity xD