SamC

Leo, how do you know that you're ready for awaking work?

17 posts in this topic

I have a strong insecure ego ( if I look at myself objectively) and I really crave a girlfriend. I feel a lot of inner stress for my future, and I am as of today more aware than ever of how neurotic I am. I am so broken, ( but broken in the sense that I see my own ego and the stories it creates)

I know that the only thing that is going to fullfill me is to learn to live in the present moment and become more concious. I know that because I meditate 40 min every single day and I am super interested in spirituality... but I am still soooo neurotic, anxious and terrified in so many ways.  

I want to become peaceful...

I want to become blissful and fulfilled...

I deeply seek spiritual enlightenment and understanding ....

But I am at the same time so scared that my ego wont be able to handle it  - that I am not ready. I have so many attachments still...

How does one know he or she is ready for let say hardcore krya yoga? Am I ready, and if no, what should I do instead? @Leo Gura

P.s 

I'm 19 btw

Edited by SamC
Typeo

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@Meta-Man Super mature and helpfull answer. Thanks a ton man! ??

On 9/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, SamC said:

"I want to, I want to, I deeply seek" ...

Have you ever seen little children at the super-market check-out where all the sweets are?

They want to; want to; deeply seek.

You as a parent, do you give in or not?

@SamC When you want truth and existential understanding more than any other thing.

It is okay to want other things, but they should take second place.

You are very young. It is normal and healthy for you to spend the next 5 or 10 years working on survival aspects of your life. Handle your survival needs so well that they stop bothering you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SamC you are never ready untill you are;)

. Just pretend that you are ready and do it.  This is also one of the secrets to get shit done. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, StudentOfLeove said:

They hurted me soooo deeply and I am going to kill them all!

Ok. Make your own topic though.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, StudentOfLeove said:

The moment you realise that leo is god and not a devil.

Screenshot_20200921-154059_WhatsApp.jpg

And the moment Leo replies?

11 hours ago, rav said:

"I want to, I want to, I deeply seek" ...

Have you ever seen little children at the super-market check-out where all the sweets are?

They want to; want to; deeply seek.

You as a parent, do you give in or not?

I would say It depends on the parent lol. Sometimes kids needs to learn to make their own mistake so if the parent is self actualizing and wise he would inform the kid about the pros and cons to eating candy, and than depending on if it's Saturday or not, allow the kid to get Candy lol

Moreover, this kid wouldn't probably want candy cause it's not programmed from the parent to eat candy. I think I understand what you're saying though lmao 

Edited by SamC

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@SamC When you want truth and existential understanding more than any other thing.

It is okay to want other things, but they should take second place.

You are very young. It is normal and healthy for you to spend the next 5 or 10 years working on survival aspects of your life. Handle your survival needs so well that they stop bothering you.

Amazing reply!? Thank you Leo. Your work has been life transforming for me. 

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

@SamC you are never ready untill you are;)

. Just pretend that you are ready and do it.  This is also one of the secrets to get shit done. 

? namaste mate

On 9/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, SamC said:

I am so broken, ( but broken in the sense that I see my own ego and the stories it creates)

The spiritual path is not a path towards "wholeness".

You are not broken. 

You will not BECOME whole.

You are whole right now.

The ego does not make you broken. The stories of your ego are the artwork of God.

15 hours ago, Brittany said:

The spiritual path is not a path towards "wholeness".

You are not broken. 

You will not BECOME whole.

You are whole right now.

The ego does not make you broken. The stories of your ego are the artwork of God.

Wise Words. You understand what I mean though, my ego has so many attachments and is needy

On 9/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, SamC said:

I have a strong insecure ego ( if I look at myself objectively)

Just a different perspective. Like a buffet, take only what resonates usefully... 

There’s no ego, there’s your belief (a thought you repeatedly focus on) that there is, and the projection onto “it”. Same for looking at yourself objectively. That’s not actually possible because you are you, always looking, never seeing you. Saying ‘I have a strong insecure ego’ is a cover up, it covers up that you’re choosing to focus on certain thoughts & perspectives, and perpetuate certain beliefs. Essentially, you’re doing it, creating it. You don’t have to though. You can focus on thoughts & perspectives that feel good to you. When meditating, see if you can realize that no thought about you can or will ever be true or accurate in anyway - because you are the awareness prior to the thoughts. You aren’t ‘in’ a ‘thought story’. To realize this is to realize presence. 

and I really crave a girlfriend.

Get one by getting yourself ready for one, by letting the self limiting beliefs you’ve created, go. Rather than craving an object to ‘fix’ you, let beliefs that there is anything wrong with you go - simply because they don’t feel good. Make a dreamboard and wake up the passion & happiness ‘within’, for your living & interests. Live on purpose. It’s magically magnetic. Otherwise, you’re keeping yourself in a position (perspectives) of need.  That doesn’t resonate with you, and it won’t with girls either. Most of them already have that going on, and are attracted to one who isn’t needy, because they want ‘that’, they want to feel ‘that’. (‘That’ is literally just you being yourself.) It’s ok to lighten up and just simple say ‘this thinking is garbage!’  Have a laugh at it!

I feel a lot of inner stress for my future,

You’re feeling your perspectives about your future. They do not feel good. Change your perspectives rather than projecting onto a ‘future’ as the catalyst or cause. 

and I am as of today more aware than ever of how neurotic I am. I am so broken, ( but broken in the sense that I see my own ego and the stories it creates)

Terrible feeling story, no?  Don’t have to keep telling it. Wasn’t true and didn’t feel good the first time you told it. 

I know that the only thing that is going to fullfill me is to learn to live in the present moment and become more concious.

You can’t learn to live in the present moment, you already live in the present moment. Keep up the daily meditation, as that is just ‘monkey mind’. Write about emotions and how you feel now (rather than a ‘you’ in a ‘past’ or ‘future’. 

I know that because I meditate 40 min every single day and I am super interested in spirituality... but I am still soooo neurotic, anxious and terrified in so many ways.  

What is spirituality, if not the recognition those beliefs will never resonate with truth? With you! 

Let them go, and good feeling floats like a cork which you were holding under water. 

Don’t try to ‘get to’ or ‘accomplish’ good feeling. Just let the beliefs go. Tell the story you want, and watch it become your life...as effortlessly as it has been all along. 

Life, suffering, is the only teacher. Listen to it, rather than labelling it to death. 

But I am at the same time so scared that my ego wont be able to handle it  - that I am not ready. I have so many attachments still...

Right. It can’t be your perspectives, your thought ‘about yourself’...no...it’s “the ego”.  See? 

How does one know he or she is ready for let say hardcore krya yoga? Am I ready, and if no, what should I do instead? @Leo Gura

P.s 

I'm 19 btw

Do it, then you know from direct expereince. It is to let go of rumination & overthinking. So it doesn’t really work, if you just think about it. Again, just a different perspective. Feel free to call me crazy ?. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 22/09/2020 at 5:03 PM, Meta-Man said:

Only you can know if you’re ready. But if you have doubts about it, I would say you probably aren’t ready. When you fall in love with Truth, you’ll know. 

That said, most everyone who completes the path starts out with attachments and fears just like you, and let go gradually. We seek Truth because these limitations don’t feel right. 

I’d say that, just because one is young, one doesn’t have  go Leo’s cookie cutter route of first getting good with women and gaining financial independence before one gets into spiritual work. 

Follow your own enthusiasm and inner guide. Don’t try to force through any radical changes. Keep on raising your awareness as you go about your ordinary life and stay with your current practice if you are so inclined.

And yes, as you’ve heard, this work is not easy, and not everybody’s cup of tea. It’s rough and full of hills and valleys. Your ego will resist awakening no matter who you are. Suffering is the primary driver of the awakening process.

In the end you have to learn to trust and listen to your own heart and intelligence.

There is no power outside of You.

On 22/09/2020 at 5:03 PM, Meta-Man said:

Only you can know if you’re ready. But if you have doubts about it, I would say you probably aren’t ready. When you fall in love with Truth, you’ll know. 

That said, most everyone who completes the path starts out with attachments and fears just like you, and let go gradually. We seek Truth because these limitations don’t feel right. 

I’d say that, just because one is young, one doesn’t have to go Leo’s cookie cutter route of first getting good with women and gaining financial independence before one gets into spiritual work. 

Follow your own enthusiasm and inner guide. Don’t try to force through any radical changes. Keep on raising your awareness as you go about your ordinary life and stay with your current practice if you are so inclined.

And yes, as you’ve heard, this work is not easy, and not everybody’s cup of tea. It’s rough and full of hills and valleys. Your ego will resist awakening no matter who you are. Suffering is the primary driver of the awakening process.

In the end you have to learn to trust and listen to your own heart and intelligence.

There is no power outside of You.

@Meta-Man what is behind  your thinking when you say, dont try to force through any radical changes. What's the down side or problem with that ?