justfortoday

There is absolutely zero difference between...

31 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, neutralempty said:

@traveler That is a very beautiful goat!

Thank you! I found him on a mountainside in Denmark.  

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Relatively speaking a rock is a rock and not a kangaroo - but when we say it is One we aren't speaking of the number one (in the relative domain).   What is being said is prior to that - a singularity prior to language.  And a singularity must be unlimited, or Infinite.  Which means all relative distinctions must collapse.  Something and nothing are identical.   

I'm well aware of what you're talking about. As soon as the distinction is made there is an apparent difference, there is no value in saying otherwise. Not other than the feeling of authority/superiority you get when you act like your understanding of non duality matters. 

5 hours ago, traveler said:

I'm well aware of what you're talking about. As soon as the distinction is made there is an apparent difference, there is no value in saying otherwise. Not other than the feeling of authority/superiority you get when you act like your understanding of non duality matters. 

Not sure where authority or superiority comes in anywhere.  Are you saying there is no benefit to the teachings?  The old you are already enlightened and there is nothing to discover perspective?  I would disagree there if that is the case.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Would there be any difference between someone stomping on your foot or stomping on a rock, in your experience.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Not sure where authority or superiority comes in anywhere.  Are you saying there is no benefit to the the teachings?  The old you are already enlightened and there is nothing to discover perspective?

Look closer then. There can be superficial and temporary benefits from understanding facets of reality intellectually. They are temporary and superficial because they aren't absolute, no teaching is absolute. The absolute can not be tought, therefore you're better of looking for yourself instead of listening to supposed "teachers." What is really pointed to can not be spoken about and can not really be pointed to. I believe that a very important step on this road is stepping of it. There comes a time where no teaching will seem to matter anymore, everything non dual and spiritual just loses it's significance. This is when life seems to be actually surrendered too, there is no need for an explanation to live anymore, a resistance in the form of getting somewhere else loses it's grip. Everyone acting special and spirituality evolved are just seen as what they are: a role being played. They are just a little annoying sometimes because of the self-importantance and self-righteousness they exude. 

8 minutes ago, traveler said:

Look closer then. There can be superficial and temporary benefits from understanding facets of reality intellectually. They are temporary and superficial because they aren't absolute, no teaching is absolute. The absolute can not be tought, therefore you're better of looking for yourself instead of listening to supposed "teachers." What is really pointed to can not be spoken about and can not really be pointed to. I believe that a very important step on this road is stepping of it. There comes a time where no teaching will seem to matter anymore, everything non dual and spiritual just loses it's significance. This is when life seems to be actually surrendered too, there is no need for an explanation to live anymore, a resistance in the form of getting somewhere else loses it's grip. Everyone acting special and spirituality evolved are just seen as what they are: a role being played. They are just a little annoying sometimes because of the self-importantance and self-righteousness they exude. 

I am sure there are some who make these teachings into spiritual ego but i do not feel that is the case with most.   And yes of course the Absolute transcends all models and pointers - but at the same time they can still be helpful until they are not.  But we always say not to take anything on as dogma :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is absolutely zero difference between two enlightened masters arguing over the details of it, and two children fighting over which barbie doll to play with. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

someone kneeling on the back of your neck

or

someone offering a helping hand

...an Acanthobothrium Zimmeri and a Septal Myectomy

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins