solene

Coffee - Addiction yes or no?

28 posts in this topic

18.09.2020 года в 15:29 эллислав сказал::

Все-это зависимость.Дело не в том, что вы делаете, а в том, как вы относитесь к тому, что делаете.

Я пил кофе по 5-6 чашек в день в офисе на работе, просто чтобы помочь мне убежать от проблем.Затем я вообще не пил кофе в течение полугода или больше, демонизируя его.И все, что между ними.

Теперь я вышел за пределы употребления кофе.Как же так?Я делаю это с места любви, просто для празднования жизни.
Я выпиваю одну чашку в обед, самое большее две в дождливые дни.Я готовлю кофе сама, почти как профессиональный бариста.Для меня это как ритуал, я так люблю этот процесс.Для меня это медитативная практика.Я чувствую себя потрясающе, готовя одну чашку капучино и выпивая ее.

Конечно, некоторые вещи лучше для здоровья, чем другие.Есть помидоры, возможно, гораздо полезнее, чем есть картофельные чипсы, но это не только об этом.Самое важное-это ваше отношение к вещи, но не к самой вещи.Пить кофе или не пить кофе дилемма должна решаться индивидуально.Задайте вопрос: "Хотите ли вы сделать это для того, чтобы убежать от основной проблемы?"или "вы хотите сделать это для празднования жизни/чтобы наслаждаться собой?".

I would like to think that this is not an addiction, but without caffeine I feel out of place and I just simply have no energy to do something .

1 hour ago, daniel brannum said:

Whenever I get stressed or have a headache, Coffee is the medicine as it gives me a relief.

That's literally the first sign of being addicted to caffeine. 

It has an strong psychoactive effect on me and I treat it like a drug.

1-2 h of euphoria, Superman feeling

Paranoia, anxiety

Decreased sleep quality

ADHD feelings

With consistent consumption some of the side effects go away but I don't want to be dependent on any psychoactive substance on principle

If it has a net benefit for you then take it.

If it doesn't bother your digestive system keep drinking it. Coffee is a potent source of anti-oxidants and good for people in any quantity they can tolerate.  It's the largest source of anti-oxidants in many people's diets.

@The0Self

I'm curious to know exactly what evidence there is that combining the two is bad? I've heard taking the 2 together is bad, but that taking creatine as a caffeine consumer is ok, which would often mean caffeine would be in your system when taking it. Kinda just sounds like some bro science to me.

1 or 2 cups a day does cause some physical dependency, but having done numerous month-long "cycles," I would say it's fairly benign. In fact as others have mentioned the polyphenols found in coffee have a net positive effect on your health.

You just want to keep in mind the strength of the coffee. I've found that using a pourover results in far stronger coffee than a Turkish coffee pot. I actually prefer the latter - With a pourover the effect is a little too strong and leads to worse withdrawal.

That being said, always listen to your body. If you start getting symptoms of chronic fatigue then it's time to take a break. That risk mainly happens if you're overworked, or if your sleep isn't in order.

Edited by smurf88

I consider coffee a drug, so I completely excluded it from my diet. I used to use it almost every day and never saw my morning without it, but now I prefer tea or fresh juice for breakfast. In addition, it became easier for me because I stopped using dairy products, and coffee without milk is not as tasty as with it.

On 09/09/2020 at 0:39 PM, solene said:

Hey everyone!

I love coffee but I do try not to drink it every day. Even though I can go 2-3 days or even a week or two without coffee I still get this craving sensation. 

Since I usually dont drink more than 1 or max 2 cups per day it seems strange that I'm addicted. But since I start craving it regularly, I guess thats exactly the case. 

Do you recommend to stop altoghther with coffee? Or should I switch to nocaf, since I really really like the taste of coffee? Or do you think coffee consumption isn't that big of an issue.

I dont think that the coffeine is that much of a problem, I also drink regularly black tea but for some reason I never craved tea. 

Cheers, 

Solène

Hey

I quit coffee a month ago after consuming for my whole life since I was like 16 years old. 
I feel okay though it still feels weird to drink tea in the morning. 

I thought this book I share below may help you to educate yourself and make a decision easier. I haven't read it myself but if you do please share your opinion/insights. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caffeine-Blues-Hidden-Dangers-Americas-ebook/dp/B00FOSAP5I/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1602955357&sr=8-1

softly into the Abyss...