Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_1982

Pulsing in forehead

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I’m new meditation. I’m three weeks in and in the last few days when I begin meditation I get a pulsing sensation in my forehead. I don’t engage with the feeling and it eventually disappears after a few minutes. But after meditation I have a tense feeling in my forehead. 
Does anyone know why or has experienced this?  Thanks 

19 minutes ago, Chris_1982 said:

But after meditation I have a tense feeling in my forehead. 

Or perhaps through meditation you've become aware of the tense feeling that's been in your forehead?

Have had sinus problems for many years, so yeah I've definitely experienced that. Don't attach any meaning to it though, it doesn't mean anything. Let it come and go, take care of yourself and don't force meditation it's not as important as everyone says, ssssh don't tell the others I said that... sitting in quiet does not need to be labelled meditation, "meditation" makes it seem like it is a task or a chore, sitting on a chair in silence does not need effort.

There are some "don't's" here, it is ofc merely a suggestion.

2 hours ago, Chris_1982 said:

I don’t engage with the feeling

Relax the tension = feeling it fully. It’s a belief about yourself coming up and out...but hitting the wall of assumption the belief is true. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Chris_1982 said:

Hey guys,

I’m new meditation. I’m three weeks in and in the last few days when I begin meditation I get a pulsing sensation in my forehead. I don’t engage with the feeling and it eventually disappears after a few minutes. But after meditation I have a tense feeling in my forehead. 

You don't have to engage with emotions, some call it chakra blockage, you can look it up if you want, also we have had threads like this before , you can try to find them with keywords.

Now I will say it is because of resistance, you are trying to do something, but you get resistance to your intent  you force it  , but there is to much resistance, also possible to that you are focusing to much in certain part of your brain,task but if I remember correctly it should make strain, not pulsation. 

Edited by purerogue

7 hours ago, Chris_1982 said:

Hey guys,

First let me say that I'm not in opposition to anyone here but I've had a similar phenomena for roughly 12 years. It has been something which comes and goes. When I took up a Centering Prayer meditation practice in 2017 it became more persistent and seems to correlate with when my state becomes closer to the state of nonconceptual awareness. Also another subtle phenomena often comes into play more whenever this happens.

Hameed Almaas gives an explanation for this, possibly.. In the quote I use of his, the phrase of the Diamond Guidance is used in explaining this. Long story made short, the Diamond Guidance is simply another name for the Holy Spirit so this may be a little confusing. I won't get into the reason for him more or less interchanging these phrases. I also need to say what I've just said isn't 100% accurate but if you hold these things loosely in the category of possibilities, over time the exactitudes may fall into place. Maybe not,, You can be the one to eventually decide. But the phenomena definitely has a very subtle throb or pulse to it, in the forehead.

Opening of the Forehead by the Diamond Guidance

Usually the Diamond Guidance operates as a presence in the center of the forehead. When it arises in support of discrimination and understanding, we become aware of an expansion as space opens up in the forehead. With that expansion comes a sense of peacefulness; the Black aspect at the center of the forehead opens and we feel stillness and spaciousness. When the Diamond Guidance arises in this peacefulness, we feel a delicate presence, a pulsating energy that possesses a sense of clarity and transparency, an intelligence, an illumination. This delicate, pulsing, breathing presence appears as understanding, as insight, as intuition. As the forehead opens, we feel the Diamond Guidance as a tingling, an energetic throbbing—but very delicate, very soft, very subtle. If we are not attuned, we might dismiss it as just a physical twitch. Or if there is a lot of blockage, as is often the case in the early stages of our development, the diamond might feel hard. Due to the blockage, it can't get through, so it feels almost like a rock. But if we are relaxed and open, we feel it as a softness, a delicacy. 

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 226

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/forehead

This is just one of six quotes from this page. If you think this has something to do with what you have going on, you can dig more into his Teachings just by looking into these phrases you encounter in the Glossary. Maybe read one of his books. His book Spacecruiser Inquiry may be the most relevant having to do with this phenomena.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Chris_1982 yeah what cetus said as well. 

But also yeah, this happens for me. I don't know what it means either. But if it happens enough and becomes normal you'll stop being surprised or interested in it. It will just be another regular thing. 

If you love this chakra shit I recommend kriya yoga. I'd reccomend it to anyone tbh. There's "third eye meditation" as a primary concentration practice. 

----

A lot of sensations are in flux in the body but you don't notice it. That includes the forehead

But if it isn't noticed how do we know it is in flux? It's like asking if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, does it make it a sound. 

One could perhaps argue that being conscious of your experience changes the sensations and how quickly they vibrate. 

Either way, who knows. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Chris_1982 @Chris_1982 Does it feel like a very fast more subtle heartbeat?

I have this in all my chakras

It might be prana. Try pranayama before meditation and see if it increases.

If you're able to make it bigger you could trigger a kundalini awakening. Try to make it your object of meditation if you feel ready for kundalini.

I experience this even outside of meditation. The feeling is more like a circle in the middle of my forehead. It feels like a little weight pushing horizontally. No pulse though.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

17 hours ago, Chris_1982 said:

I experience it a constant pressure on my forehead, but it is not pulsating but permanent. I think I started as a pulsating feeling initially. 

I don't have a complete explanation for it yet, but my experience is close to what the @Zigzag Idiot described...

9 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

When the Diamond Guidance arises in this peacefulness, we feel a delicate presence, a pulsating energy that possesses a sense of clarity and transparency, an intelligence, an illumination. This delicate, pulsing, breathing presence appears as understanding, as insight, as intuition. As the forehead opens, we feel the Diamond Guidance as a tingling, an energetic throbbing—but very delicate, very soft, very subtle. If we are not attuned, we might dismiss it as just a physical twitch. Or if there is a lot of blockage, as is often the case in the early stages of our development, the diamond might feel hard. Due to the blockage, it can't get through, so it feels almost like a rock. But if we are relaxed and open, we feel it as a softness, a delicacy. 

@Zigzag Idiot Thanks for sharing the work of A. H. Almaas. I will look into it.