Demeter

Lsd dosages for transcendent experiences

30 posts in this topic

Chris Bache, author of "LSD and the mInd of the Universe", writes that Lsd tends to be the 'High altitude psychedelic that pushes the cosmological ceiling in contrast to the more body grounded psilocybin or ayahuasca. He says that in a therapeutic setting, where the goal is personal transformation, which would keep one working through one's personal issues layer by layer, it is advisable to stay within the range of 50 to 200 mcg. However, if the goal is cosmic exploration,  to push through the psychodynamic level of consciousness and trigger an experience of ego death and transcendence, then higher doses are necessary. Bache himself used 500 to 600 mcg. But assimilation and integration at these higher doses becomes a more difficult task.

He does say that working with higher doses does include personal growth work as well. 

From my personal experience taking 100 mcg gave me insights into my earthbound life, while 300mcg catapulted me into space and the universe.  In fact, this came to me as an insight when on 100mcg. -  the higher the dose, the higher the vantage point.

Many people here have reported transcendent experiences on Lsd, and I was wondering if these occurred at the lower doses. if not, which doses triggered these more commonly?

Edited by Demeter

Well, it depends on several factors like tolerance, sensitivity, your inner "purity level", set and setting.

It is my experience that, with time, I got more and more sensible to psychedelic substances. Now it is somewhat unpredictable, even low doses make me high as fuck. The other day i took a 1g of shrooms and it was way stronger than i expected, had to calm myself down a couple of times. 

60ug has given me multiple mystical states that 125ug+ couldn't. Nirvana, no-self, oneness, God realization, absolute now...

1g mushrooms was my first psychedelic experience. Beautiful ego dissolution...

3 puffs of weed dissoluted me wonderfully

For me dosage isn't that relevant to spiritual insights as long as I'm not sober. Even then...

IDK about other people.

100 mcg: Nice body high

200 mcg: One step out of the matrix

300 mcg: Entering the fourth dimension

At least that's what it was like for me in the beginning... these days, my trips are far less brain melting but at the same time far more insightful, if that makes sense.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Espaim , wow! You must be in a state of spiritual readiness, perhaps not needing psychedelics at all.

@Bazooka Jesus, I can relate to the less brain-melting condition which I think occurs when one stabilizes, as it were, in the new state of consciousness. It becomes less of a shock and then you can attend to the messages and learnings at that state.

I recoiled from experiencing the great void at my last 300mcg session. It was 'brain melting' as you put it, and I hope to explore it at my next encounter. 

Edited by Demeter

Beside dosages it as a lot to do with your willingness to surrender

Sailing on the ceiling 

13 minutes ago, Demeter said:

I recoiled from experiencing the great void at my last 300mcg session. It was 'brian melting' as you put it, and I hope to explore it at my next encounter. 

With substances like acid and shrooms, there is always that awkward threshold between low and high doses where you took enough for your 'brain to melt' but not enough for your ego to fully dissolve; 7g of mushrooms, for example, are much easier for me to handle than 5g. If you recoiled at 300 mcg of acid, then 400 might just be your golden ticket to the chocolate factory!

Why so serious?

@Rigel , yes!

@Bazooka Jesus , was thinking along those lines. Do you use a sitter at high doses? I have for 300 mcg so far but am confident that I could manage myself at that level, if I were to try it alone.

Edited by Demeter

Different people seem to be sensitive differently to different dosages. Someone might get a nice body high at 100mcg while someone else might literally go crazy with the same dose. 

1 minute ago, bejapuskas said:

Different people seem to be sensitive differently to different dosages. Someone might get a nice body high at 100mcg while someone else might literally go crazy with the same dose. 

True, and the purity of the LSD you're taking is also a big factor. Comparing the stuff that I take these days to the tabs I started out on is like comparing an expertly cooked  Japanese Kobe Beef steak to a McDonald's cheese burger.

Why so serious?

There is no absolute dosage. It will be different for everyone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Demeter I'm not sure about that. It's probably just more sensitivity to the compounds.

I'm happy either way:)

358.4ug — no more, no less ?

Edited by Ponder

There’s definitely no real absolute with this as others have said but I think at least most people would agree that it is past the 200ug mark where things start to get truly profound and allows someone to transcend their ego.

I experimented alot with lsd and what works best for me is to take about 200ug and then when everything starts to clear up I take 1-2 hits from a joint.
This way I can keep my tolerance down and have a transcendental experience every time I want to have it.

12 hours ago, Demeter said:

Do you use a sitter at high doses? I have for 300 mcg so far but am confident that I could manage myself at that level, if I were to try it alone.

I always trip alone; as a natural introvert, I feel more secure on my own than when I am in the company of others - even if they're good friends!

Just do it in a place where you feel comfortable and safe, preferrably at home lying on your bed with the lights out (darkness = less visuals = less anxiety, at least that's how it works for me). Doing it this way also enables you to really go deep inside yourself / inside the present moment; I only trip outside if I feel adventurous or want to connect to nature while tripping (which can also be a profoundly beautiful experience when you do it in a really nice place).

Why so serious?

11 hours ago, Ry4n said:

There’s definitely no real absolute with this as others have said but I think at least most people would agree that it is past the 200ug mark where things start to get truly profound and allows someone to transcend their ego.

125ug is a full God-consciousness for me.

Things would be profound even at half that dose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.