Red-White-Light

Spiritually Frustrated

65 posts in this topic

@Mu_ It’s scientifically provable that a psychedelic compound will alter your state of consciousness.  

1 hour ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Mu_ It’s scientifically provable that a psychedelic compound will alter your state of consciousness.  

It may be, but in scientific terms its still in the air and a lot of research needs to be done, there for pseudoscience for now.  All I'm saying is this is a strange forum and pursuit for a person like you, who only wants strict scientific proof before they are open to trying or listening to advice.  Perhaps Sam Harris would be someone for you to listen to.

@Mu_ If you really look deeply at yoga it’s just a chimp activity where the chimp sits in weird positions, breaths funny and makes weird noises and then when their oxygen is deprived from holding their breathe enough they begin to hallucinate that they have spiritual abilities and communications with God, which turn out to be false. 

@Red-White-Light you dont understand Yoga at all. I think your ego is identified with a matcho guy(See your Profile picture) and this contradicts with Yoga. 

@OBEler Yoga is so undefined, better off just doing stretching for muscular tightness. Macho is also a stereotype, you know nothing about me. 

10 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

It’s scientifically provable that a psychedelic compound will alter your state of consciousness.  

You literally cannot proof subjective experience through science. You can measure brain signals and stuff, but experience? No.

I think you are practicing without an open mind, you are basically using some spiritual concepts that seem advanced in some sort of relative view, but you are basically just thinking, that's what you are doing. Why argue about your spiritual wisdom when you admit that you are lost? Is Truth what you want or is feeling superior what you want?

4 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Mu_ If you really look deeply at yoga it’s just a chimp activity where the chimp sits in weird positions, breaths funny and makes weird noises and then when their oxygen is deprived from holding their breathe enough they begin to hallucinate that they have spiritual abilities and communications with God, which turn out to be false. 

I haven't looked deeply into yoga, and even I can tell that you haven't either....  ? 

No obligation to look into yoga or anything else of course. But might not want to let everything stand or fall with chemicals.

@bejapuskas You can, there are many trip reports providing data on subjective experience. 

5 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

You literally cannot proof subjective experience through science. You can measure brain signals and stuff, but experience? No.

I never said I was lost I said I was frustrated with the fact I can’t explore psychedelic states of consciousness.

@Johnny5 I have read all Santata Gamana’s yoga books, tried the methods for months and they were honestly a useless waste of time. 

@actualizing25

27 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Red-White-Light So you are saying that psychedelics are the only useful tool for spiritual work?

You still have to contemplate, meditate and build a theoretical framework to get the benefits of psychedelics.

There is no other way to get to those extreme levels of consciousness, without altering the chemicals in your brain.

Those insights on psychedelics provide clarity to what Being is and can cause permanent consciousness increase.

It just seems a waste of time without it to be totally honest.

On 20.8.2020 at 11:59 PM, Red-White-Light said:

This is your main problem. You're holding on to others' authority to construct your reality and it's conflicting with your own, creating friction, suffering and despair. Reclaim your mind and really investigate what it is.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard Science is a rather big authority figure when it comes to reality. 

Who decides that? You?

@Carl-Richard No! This is empirical evidence. You’re not gonna change the fact you can’t fly.  That’s an authority you’re not going to change. You don’t decide that.

18 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Johnny5 I have read all Santata Gamana’s yoga books, tried the methods for months and they were honestly a useless waste of time. 

I´ve read one Santata Gamana´s and found it quite underwhelming tbh.

Most people just do bullshit yoga. Santata Gamana´s Yoga teaching is based on great yoga but in my experience he just doesn´t give enough information. People need guided asanas . Just do hardcore Kundalini Yoga 3 hours a day and you will experience high states of consciousness.

But most people don´t have the time or energy to do 3 hours a day of Yoga so they use psychedelics.

@Red-White-Light 

Give this a shot,

Just stop thinking, you’re way too in your head, way too closed to suggestion, this whole post just seems like an excuse to complain rather than finding an actual solution. A good dose of humility and surrender is what u need my friend. The guide from Leo I linked above will help with that. 

Nonduality is void of all conceptual framings and ideas, it’s a purely intuitive primal “knowing” at the core of one’s very essence. Everything about your mindset screams over-intellectualisation and close-mindedness, none of such qualities is going to help you but only forever leave you separated from this understanding. I don’t wanna come off as a dick but it’s the truth, a certain kind of attitude is required for this understanding. 

If you want to understand nonduality in the same fashion as learning mathematics then fucking forget about it.

5 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard No! This is empirical evidence. You’re not gonna change the fact you can’t fly.  That’s an authority you’re not going to change. You don’t decide that.

But you're deciding which authority decides that, aren't you? Or else why are you telling me this? I don't need somebody to tell me that I can't fly. I already know I can't.

If you knew you could fly, you would just find another authority to cling to that fits your experience. At the end of the day, you're actually the one who chooses the authority, and that means the authority only comes from yourself. 

This is more relevant to your frustration than you think. You're looking for outside validation for something you can only decide for yourself, and that decision is to accept the reality of what you're experiencing and drop the need for an imaginary authority telling you what to do.

The outside authority is only secondary to your inside authority. You're the one deciding it. You're your own authority. Own it. Stay true to your experience.

Edited by Carl-Richard