Halm

I Consciousness should know all minds simultaneously

93 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Halm said:

I get the feeling of; 'The infinite can only know the infinite and the finite can only know the finite.'  Do you agree with this? I've heard this reasoning before and it resonates but I want to get more technical about it.

Absolutely yes. I think Rupert Spira uses that reasoning often.

I like to use the phrase "One cannot wear a blindfold at the same time as not wearing a blindfold." You can either wear the blindfold, or not wear the blindfold, but you cannot do both at the same time.

Another way of describing it is using the analogy of a mountain and a forest.

One can either be up on top of the mountain where you can see everything, but there's not that much to do. Or you can be down in the forest, where you can't see hardly anything, but the experience is rich with adventure and unpredictability.

After all, unpredictability is like a delicacy for that which is omniscient. Think of a world where you knew exactly what was about to happen, and what everyone else was about to say. Wouldn't that be a little boring and possibly even a bit lonely? Like a clockwork universe. Artificial and predictable.

That's not to say that God is lonely and bored, but rather just to acknowledge that sometimes God is at home on the mountain, and sometimes God is on vacation down in the forest.

I suppose the key thing is not to get too lost in the forest to the extent that it becomes terrifying.

@peachboy

27 minutes ago, peachboy said:

One can either be up on top of the mountain where you can see everything, but there's not that much to do. Or you can be down in the forest, where you can't see hardly anything, but the experience is rich with adventure and unpredictability.

Thanks, this was beautiful, resonated with me. I know my question is impossible in a way, but I love the answers I get so far, very diverse.

Can you elaborate on the infinite can only know the infinite?  Isn't the finite mind and ego known by infinite consciousness?

The blind fold analogy didn't really catch me.

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If you really want to understand, take a psychedelic and contemplate your question.

This is more of a helping hand, thanks.

You CAN read the minds of other people. For that, I think you need to have your third eye(Ajna Chakra) to be Open. Not only can you read other peoples minds, you can read the future and the past of "anybody / general events". One can also manipulate or dissolve the karmic structure of anybody(Ramana Maharshi said to have completely dissolved his mother's karma during her deathbed by making her experience all the karma at once or.. something like that). There are stories of manifesting a whole palace into existence in the book "The autobiography of a Yogi".  Also I once read somewhere that somebody said that they have directly seen some yogi put his hand to the ground and manipulate the atomic structure of the dirt to configure itself into sugar cubes and other items as well. The yogis say that such feats are useless. For satisfying the curiosity of the people, a yogi may manifest something from thin air, but for he himself to survive, he begs others for food. Because such feats has their price. You have to earn the karmic credit to do such feats by undergoing severe austerities, penances and practices. They say, once the credit accumulated is over, no more ability to perform such acts.

From Yoga perspective, full mastery of Samyama(Dharana, Dhyana and samadhi happening simultaneously at the object desired) is necessary to gain such powers. In yoga vasistha somewhere it is mentioned that some herbal medicinal preparations and some mantra chants are also said to give enlightenment as well as those powers.

Anyway..

Yoga Vasistha: https://estudantedavedanta.net/The-Supreme-Yoga-Swami-Venkatesananda.pdf

The above PDF (Yoga Vasistha) contains stories of few people experiencing the experiences of others(Not just mind reading, but actually experiencing the life of other person from that person's perspective).  If anybody wants to understand Non-Duality(Advaita) in its most complete form(as much intellectually as possible), the above Vedantic Work is the only most complete work that exists that I know of. The other notable works are: Ashtavakra Gita, Ribhu Gita,.. 

Note: The above works are very repetitive in nature(Sometimes frustratingly boring). Saying the same thing in many different ways, but slightly different sometimes. That those things which you did not understand during some versions of the teachings, you might understand them during other repeated versions of the same teachings.

Edited by PopoyeSailor

On 8/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, Halm said:

Isn't the finite mind and ego known by infinite consciousness?

There is only infinite consciousness. 

There is no such thing as infinite consciousness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There is only infinite consciousness. 

There is no such thing as infinite consciousness. 

??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, PopoyeSailor said:

. Because such feats has their price. You have to earn the karmic credit to do such feats by undergoing severe austerities, penances and practices. They say, once the credit accumulated is over, no more ability to perform such acts.

Woah. Do they accept Bitcoin?

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Woah. Do they accept Bitcoin?

Who knows, may be these days they do xD

@Leo Gura Give me one reason why the unlimited power of consciousness cant imagine multiple rooms? Also your statement goed against love. Why would love deny other rooms? Other minds should be just as imaginary as my own mind. How else can i play chess against someone if he doesnt have a mind? And dont come with you are imagining it because the “me” who is imagining it cant be the solipsistic me you make it out to be. Your soul seems dark sorry to say it.

@Halm because you're also referring to relative knowledge not absolute.  You'll never know what I had for lunch.

I struggled with the same question.

You have to become conciouss of the difference beetween your superficial "individual" conciousness and the absolute formless awareness. It seems like a duality but there are two aspects of the One (like the typicall example of ocean and waves)

You have to realize that INFINITE AWARENESS IS NOT EVEN AWARE OF YOUR WAKING STATE, IT'S ONLY CONCIOUS OF ITSELF.

You can picture the "individuals conciousness" of all beings like "self aware bubbles" for which the absolute just "gives space" or them to exist but is not conciouss of any of their content, NOT EVEN OF THE ONE YOU ARE EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW. This realization is the key for the undestanding you are looking for.

Absolute awareness is not "tinted" by the content of your waking state, such as a screen playing a movie does not affect the room in which the screen is. This is why sages say awareness can't feel pain/pleasure and things like that, even though this objects show up in your conciousness, but they don't reach the absolute, such as the changes in the form of the waves do not affect the bottom of the ocean.

Edited by Fran11

As I once read in Tamil literature during my school days, that even direct experience without proper knowledge through proper authority is dangerous and will lead to ignorance. If consciousness is so powerful that it can create infinite diversity within itself, ranging from infinitesimal to infinite; absolute "Non-Dual-Unity" to "Dual-Diversity"; What makes you think that there would be no infinite in-between Possibilities/Realities/Truths as well.

Just like, under normal circumstances it is impossible for an un-awakened person to get convinced, understand and realise about non-duality; it may be difficult for the awakened person who has lost the sense of self to meaningfully put an effort to understand and explore these other possibilities. For him Non-Duality is his reality now. But, in order to understand reality in it's full, one has to go beyond the Non-Duality and Duality to be able to see duality and non-duality as simply another dual pair only, and also in absoluteness they are the same and not different from one another. I think extremes of any truth/reality in and of itself is useless. It is always the in-between in which all the action takes place and the real juiciness of life and reality is experienced.

As far as mind reading is concerned, I believe it can be done and I think it has something to do with the third eye.

Anyway..

As I mentioned about the stories in yoga vasistha in my previous post, here is one:

Yoga Vasistha Page 340.jpg

Yoga Vasistha Page 341-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 341-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 341-3.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 342-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 342-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 342-3.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 343-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 343-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 344-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 344-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 345-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 345-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 346-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 346-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 347-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 347-2.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 348-1.jpgYoga Vasistha Page 348-2.jpg

Parakaya Pravesha is power of entering into body of another person through Yoga.
https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/10374/what-exactly-happens-during-parakaya-pravesha
Read the validated answer from the above link.

Edited by PopoyeSailor