Angelo D

Making ayahuasca at home

16 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of ordering ingredients and making my own ayahuasca. I was researching when I ran upon a website telling me not to attempt this unless I were already well-acquainted with Mother Ayahuasca because there will be no expert Shaman around to create a cleaner energy space without dark spirits. The site said I would run into these dark spirits if I did not heed the warning, and therefor I should go on a shaman-led retreat to do ayahuasca. That is not an option for me now, though. I was planning on taking minuscule doses to start and slowly ramping my way up, since I am inexperienced, hoping this would protect me from bad trips or psychological or physical injury. I was planning to do it on my own in the woods, since I live with my family.  Looking for opinions or advice?

true, but I have no connections to dealers and would prefer to do it using legally obtainable ingredients.

i wouldnt do Ayahuasca alone... it seems so dark and intense... why not do LSA or San Pedro?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It‘s not so hard to make your own DMT. I have a friend who does it every few months and he told me that he only learned it through the internet. Also in most places you can buy the stuff to make DMT legally because it’s in a lot of plants.

And then you only need Syria rue which is also legal everywhere I think.

Or you make San Pedro like Rilles said.

Ah. Some places have sell resins made of containing Ayahuasca ingredients. Any thoughts on this? because it looks simple

Shamans, cleaner energy...I was in a shaman led and the only profit I got was histories to laugh with my friends. If I were you I d do with a couple of friends and I'd forget shamans 

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

i wouldnt do Ayahuasca alone... it seems so dark and intense

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

why not do LSA

LOL! Spoken like a true noob.

6 hours ago, Angelo D said:

not to attempt this unless I were already well-acquainted with Mother Ayahuasca because there will be no expert Shaman around to create a cleaner energy space without dark spirits. The site said I would run into these dark spirits if I did not heed the warning, and therefor I should go on a shaman-led retreat to do ayahuasca. 

Mate, there's no dark spirits, or expert shamans or any of that nonsense. 

Psychedelics are way less scary, wild, out there, then what everyone tells ya. Human beings get very dry lips when they don't move for a period of time, which makes their lips feel uncomfortable, so they look for any tiny opportunity to move those lips. Dark Spirits, entities, expert shamans, are all good excuses to not get dry lips. 

Just make and take the god damn thing. What's the worst that can happen? Infinite Love? LOL. 

Ayahuasca can be terrifying, i wouldn't use it alone.

Some of my trips were maddening, dark and super intense.

I suggest you to stick with what you can find (usually shrooms, LSD and even high-quality weed) until you find a safe place for you to use it. 

I highly suggest doing Ayahuasca alone. This is coming from dozens of ceremonies experience. I find the Shaman experience to work directly against your trip experience. As you're trying to go deep, they will distract you with playing songs, banging drums, telling stories, along with people walking around, crying, puking etc.. With so much distractions, I find it hard to go really deep. It's the equivalent of trying to meditate in a loud social gathering. Sure some could do it, but I'd prefer a dark room with total sensory isolation, so I can freely go deep. Same with Aya. Do it in a dark room alone, and allow it to do it's thing. If you have a hard experience, that is you working through some of your shit. All my Aya experiences have all been beautiful (except for the distractions). 

You can do it! 10kg vine to 4kg chacruna is a good ratio. Upping the ratio of vine will make the brew more gentle and relaxing. You can add other plants such as valerian root for example to add spiritual protection or make it more relaxing. 

You can pray to the Ayahuasca, blow tobacco smoke into it while focusing your intent into the smoke, you can sing to the Ayahuasca. You can pray for spirits (including angels like archangel Michael, even Jesus) to bless and protect the Ayahuasca.

For the ceremony, you can pray to the spirits to come and help you, guide you, protect you, keep the bad spirits out. Filling the room up with sage or Palo santo smoke helps. Tobacco smoke too, what you can do is blow the smoke all over yourself and visualise that it is protecting you (tobacco is a really powerful plant spirit, theres shamans called tobaqueros who work primarily with it). 

You can make a potion with plants and you pour it all over yourself in the ceremonies, especially when you feel you need cleansing or protection. Cinnamon is used regularly for this in the Amazon. Garlic is a potent one too.  If you can order them over the internet, camalonga seeds are used for spiritual protection in ceremonies. Rue is brilliant too and it smells really good. Pleasant smells uplift you in the ceremonies. 

Singing in ceremonies is really good, its probably the best tool you can learn. When things get rough, sing. 

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

LOL! Spoken like a true noob.

Mate, there's no dark spirits, or expert shamans or any of that nonsense. 

Psychedelics are way less scary, wild, out there, then what everyone tells ya. Human beings get very dry lips when they don't move for a period of time, which makes their lips feel uncomfortable, so they look for any tiny opportunity to move those lips. Dark Spirits, entities, expert shamans, are all good excuses to not get dry lips. 

Just make and take the god damn thing. What's the worst that can happen? Infinite Love? LOL. 

Your message reflects a lack of experience. You might have driven many times without experiencing a car crash but that doesn't mean they don't happen. Sometimes things going wrong are the best learning experiences and something you tend to learn is to be CAREful. 

Angelo, there's way more but a really good tool to have for any ceremony is a mantra. Having a mantra that you resonate with can pull you into alignment really fast. And they can create an energy field to protect the space and call in good spirits to help you. A good one is "Rama Nama".

@electroBeam You sound like a child. Stop trying to 1-up people. Makes your insecurity shine through. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 hours ago, alchemizt said:

Your message reflects a lack of experience. You might have driven many times without experiencing a car crash but that doesn't mean they don't happen. Sometimes things going wrong are the best learning experiences and something you tend to learn is to be CAREful. 

Good idea man. The roads are slippery when wet.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

I could be totally ignorant since I've only done Ayahuasca a few times but all the shaman stuff is stage purple world views and paradigms built around psychadelic experience. We have come a long way since then and there are far better ways to trip than in the goddamn jungle throwing up into plastic pales and 2 hours away from a hospital if something goes wrong. 

No... You don't need a shaman to protect you from dark spirits. There isn't some specific way you are supposed to trip. There are dozens of lineages behind this medicine and they all can't agree on how the ceremony is to be performed. There isn't even one specific recipe that constitutes ayahuascs. There are several and its brewed differently by many. 

What you need is a very safe set and proper setting with proper delineation if you are drinking with others. You also should probably know what you're getting yourself into... this shit is intense and can get super dark and the integration process after can be really hard. I would make sure you have a plan to integrate the experience before you do it and someone to watch you not on the medicine to make sure everything goes safe. A person that is experienced at facilitating. Be prepared to throw up a bunch. You need to prepare your stomach before drinking. It sounds like you have a whole lot of research to do.