Dylan Page

Leo, can you elaborate on the idea that I “imagine” that I had a past?

117 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, cnfvm said:

what confirms your memories? if a memory is valid or not?

Memories happens within so called self. Self is an illusion, there is no self. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Not sure if this helps but it's a great read...from Robert Wolfe's Ajata sunyata project:

Nothingness

Underneath the condition when you are awake and aware, and beneath the condition when you are in bed at night and dreaming, there is the deep-sleep condition. Here, there are no thoughts, there is no “you”, no mind, no relationships, no other, nor world, or universe. There is merely a condition of empty presence, no-thing-ness.

Everything, every form, event, etc., is superimposed on this empty presence, by the mind in the waking or dreaming state. But the organism, the body, continues to exist despite these daily reoccurrence of emptiness.

This condition in which there is no mind, no thoughts, no forms, and no you, is the “ground” state, your natural state. This empty presence is the condition of the organism before its birth (and its conditioning and the arising of the I-thought), and will be its condition once again upon the death of the form of “your life”.

In other words, an organism appears to arise within empty presence, matures, and recedes again into empty presence (similar to the way an electron arises and recedes in the quantum field).

The organism knew nothing of existence or nonexistence before birth, and will know nothing after death: “You” will not know that you— or anything else— ever had “existed”.

Recognizing the fleeting temporality of “existence” – and that existence will be completely non-existent, in due course— it becomes clear that not anything that you do, think, feel or say has any lasting significance or meaning. (This is the message of the Bhagavad Gita.) All that appears, to the organism, to be done is merely a momentary expression of the field of ever-present beingness—utterly lacking in lasting reality.

This is why it is said, in the nondual writings, that “nothing really matters”. It is also why it is said that (as a book about Papaji is titled) “nothing ever happened.”

All that we learn in advaita is intending to point our attention to nothingness. (And not its “existence” or “nonexistence”, since where there is nothing, neither of these are applicable.) In other words, the intention of advaita, or nonduality, is to direct us to ajata. And, I would say, a thorough understanding of the former is necessary in order to comprehend the latter.

When we come to recognize that, in truth, there is nothing from the start, we understand what is meant when it is said that all that we perceive is simply a dream, an illusion— seemingly superimposed on ever-lasting empty presence.

Now, is this information simply an interesting “analysis”, or does this have practical value? Someone recently sent me a book by the Dalai Lama, and I’ll extract a few quotes.

All phenomena are empty. Emptiness pervades not only your individual ego or sense of self, but the whole of reality…That emptiness of mind is its ultimate nature, or mode of being. To realize that, is to pierce and see through the deception of ignorance…freedom from ignorance (is called) nirvana…

Realizing emptiness is directly related to our quest to purify our mind of afflictive emotions like hatred, anger, and desire…We project onto things a state of “existence”, and a mode of being which is simply not there….

This understanding of emptiness..is one of the principal factors of the true path….For such an insight cuts right through the illusion created by the mis-apprehension of grasping things and events as existing… We realize the emptiness of all phenomena, not just the mind and body of the individual.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It's not going to make sense if you are coming from the materialist paradigm.   If you believe consciousness is ocurring in the brain and that there is a a physical reality behind the scenes - and that reality is made of matter - you probably ain't gonna get it. Because you still have the framework and worldview that you are a physical entity.   Have to break out of this paradigm and have the epiphany that reality is analogous to a giant Mind.  Because its infinity.   Need to get a direct hit of Infinity.  Then it will be cake.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not going to make sense if you are coming from the materialist paradigm.   If you believe consciousness is ocurring in the brain and that there is a a physical reality behind the scenes - and that reality is made of matter - you probably ain't gonna get it. Because you still have the framework and worldview that you are a physical entity.   Have to break out of this paradigm and have the epiphany that reality is analogous to a giant Mind.  Because its infinity.   Need to get a direct hit of Infinity.  Then it will be cake.

Well said.

The thing about Truth is that it is so radical, that the mind rejects it as "too good to be true" or "fantastical" - when the Materialist paradigm IS the most fantastical fiction ever told.

Objects are not possible. Only consciousness is possible.

Look at your hand. Your hand is made out of consciousness.

Fictions like "you have an eye and you're looking at objects that exist in a mechanical universe"... LOL

Edited by justfortoday

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not going to make sense if you are coming from the materialist paradigm.   If you believe consciousness is ocurring in the brain and that there is a a physical reality behind the scenes - and that reality is made of matter - you probably ain't gonna get it. Because you still think that you are physical entity.   Have to break out of this paradigm and have the epiphany that reality is analogous to a giant Mind.  Because its infinity.   Need to get a direct hit of Infinity.  Then it will be cake.

Past obviously doesn't exist now. that is easy. it is us imagining past.  some are talking about, PAST as if it never happened.

12 minutes ago, James123 said:

Memories happens within so called self. Self is an illusion, there is no self. 

if Memories=X happens in "noself=0" , obviously that will not give you any results. because X / 0 = undefined.

I suppose the biggest problem I’m having is understanding the implications to this in relationship to my life. @Leo Gura

1 minute ago, justfortoday said:

Well said.

The thing about Truth is that it is so radical, that the mind rejects it as "too good to be true" or "fantastical" - when the Materialist paradigm IS the most fantastical fiction ever told.

Objects are not possible. Only consciousness is possible.

Look at your hand. Your hand is made out of consciousness.

Fictions like "you have an eye and you're looking at objects that exist in a mechanical universe"... LOL

My hand is an object made out of consciousness. which makes us rethink about what an object is. Which makes us think about how we think. Which makes us think about how thinking shapes consciousness.

Just now, cnfvm said:

My hand is an object made out of consciousness. which makes us rethink about what an object is. Which makes us think about how we think. Which makes us think about how thinking shapes consciousness.

Actually, no.

Your hand is an appearance happening inside consciousness. Objects aren't possible.

Only APPEARANCE is possible.

Your hand is not an object, that would imply it is separate from you. 

"Object" is just a label you are imagining right now to assign to ever-changing appearance within your experience.

5 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Drop that fiction (really drop it) and see how you gonna die in a matter of days.. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

Past obviously doesn't exist now. that is easy. it is us imagining past.  some are talking about, PAST as if it never happened.

That's what i was eluding to - at the Absolute level - Pure Truth - nothing is happening.  This is nothing right now.  Because all form is imaginary and thus illusory.   Pure Truth is actually the collapse of all form or duality and becoming the present moment which is Absolute Nothing and also Absolute Love.

That is what is meant by you are God imagining you are a human.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

I suppose the biggest problem I’m having is understanding the implications to this in relationship to my life.

It's all just supposed to enable you to accept what IS; fully. 

Go through your days with an open heart - to the best of your abilities. Start seeing the perfection in each and every moment. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Drop that fiction (really drop it) and see how you gonna die in a matter of days.. 

I invite you to drop THAT fiction.

12 minutes ago, cnfvm said:
25 minutes ago, James123 said:

if Memories=X happens in "noself=0" , obviously that will not give you any results. because X / 0 = undefined.

I am 0. So memories cant happen. But 0= infinite 

Edited by James123

1 minute ago, James123 said:

I am 0. So memories cant happen. 

Exactly, you add up to zero as a self-contained system / mind / paradox. Eternal 0. Always now.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Pure Truth is actually the collapse of all form or duality and becoming the present moment which is Absolute Nothing and also Absolute Love.

Conceptually; it's nothing. Actually; it's Love ?

Just now, justfortoday said:

I invite you to drop THAT fiction.

I have no fictions to drop.. "Mechanical universe" .. "consciousness universe".. What's the difference?  Both are fictions both are words.   Does me believing a certain narrative about what the hell is going on in reality going to change what the hell is going on in reality???  The sun will rise..your body will urge you to feed it and keep it safe.. And so on.. 

What you are suggesting is complete disidentification with everything humans conventional assume..it's not possible to live from that state of consciousness.. I'm not saying that what you said was wrong btw.. All I'm saying it's not so funny and useless to make these assumptions that you are laughing at..these assumptions are what is keeping you alive basically. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Absolute Nothing and also Absolute Love.

Not 2, only 1. 

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Conceptually; it's nothing. Actually; it's Love ?

Our finite minds can not conceive of Nothing of course.  Because anything we ponder is something.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Actually, no.

Your hand is an appearance happening inside consciousness. Objects aren't possible.

Only APPEARANCE is possible.

Your hand is not an object, that would imply it is separate from you. 

"Object" is just a label you are imagining right now to assign to ever-changing appearance within your experience.

dude objects=appareances

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's what i was eluding to - at the Absolute level - Pure Truth - nothing is happening.  This is nothing right now.  Because all form is imaginary and thus illusory.   Pure Truth is actually the collapse of all form or duality and becoming the present moment which is Absolute Nothing and also Absolute Love.

That is what is meant by you are God imagining you are a human.

if we are imagining us as humans, then imagining MAKES humans real. because there is nothing but imagining. therefor imagination=reality , the question is , if our imagination is consistent or not. therefor logic is valuable.

6 minutes ago, James123 said:

I am 0. So memories cant happen. But 0= infinite 

how do you remember how to write , right now? when did you learn how to write? do you remember when did you learn?