Iksander

Morality, my insight

43 posts in this topic

As far as I can see morality is a stupid concept 

Why does a human need rules, should' s and taboo's to guide the way they live? 

Morals are self-inflicted limitations and illusions for fools and sheep 

Morality is created by the weak to neutralize the strong. 

Morality is used by the strong to protect the weak. 

Thus, morality is the modality through which power is distributed equally between the strong and the weak.

Uh. Acting morally leads to good outcomes. It is the truth of how we should or shouldn't behave.

The OP is worrying.

Edited by Artsu

9 hours ago, Iksander said:

Why does a human need rules

For the same reason that a basketball game needs rules.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For the same reason that a basketball game needs rules.

Problem is no one can agree on them and it's make it up as you go. Life is more like Calvinball and less like basketball in my experience. 

calvinball.jpg

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 hours ago, Iksander said:

Why does a human need rules, should' s and taboo's to guide the way they live?

Because ego is rampant, insatiable and inherently selfish.

If and when consciousness is purified in each being morality will become redundant, as parameters will not be required.

In saying that, one can live beyond morality by focusing on contextual appropriateness.

Edited by Jacobsrw

4 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Because ego is rampant, insatiable and inherently selfish.

If and when consciousness is purified in each being morality will become redundant, as parameters will not be required.

Well yes at a certain point, a person/spirit loses the desire to sin, so they are always behaving morally. 

@Artsu There is no way we 'should or shouldn't behave'

I'm not worrying at all, stop trying to play mind reader you are bad at it

@Leo Gura Basketball is a limited game though, yes? 

I love to watch basketball, but I don't want to play it ;) 

1 minute ago, Iksander said:

@Artsu There is no way we 'should or shouldn't behave'

I'm not worrying at all, stop trying to play mind reader you are bad at it

You misread me. I didnt mean you were worrying, i meant you were worrying me.

And there are definitely ways we should and shouldnt behave. But we have free will and there is a lot of acceptable choices we can make.

@Artsu Ah. I see, my mistake. If we have free will, that inherently means there are no ways we should or shouldn't behave. I don't need rules to not go around stabbing people. The second you introduce a rule you close off access to a certain aspect of life. I suppose it's fine if you live fearfully

Edited by Iksander

A morality is like a diamond, it has no use just by itself.

2 minutes ago, Iksander said:

@Artsu Ah. I see, my mistake. If we have free will, that inherently means there are no ways we should or shouldn't behave. I don't need rules to not go around stabbing people. 

But you are still adhering to that rule correct?

We dont need to know what the rules are, but inquiring into the rules can help one correct their behaviour.

General rules include love God and love each other. Then there are more specific rules like do not steal, which is the sin of theft.

There are also errors, which are for example doing something you know to be stupid. This could also fall under morality, although it doesn't concern other people, but rather ones relation to the truth.

@Artsu I don't necessarily agree with these rules. There are times where stealing is the best option, where murder is the best option. Not good, not evil, just the way things are. Life is not so simple like this.

Just now, Iksander said:

@Artsu I don't necessarily agree with these rules. There are times where stealing is the best option, where murder is the best option. Not good, not evil, just the way things are. Life is not so simple like this.

You don't know the true definition of those words, that's why you're saying what you are.

Not all killing is murder, and most murder doesn't involve death. It is to act maliciously. That goes against love.

Can you think of any time when you can go against love - i dont just mean not considering it, but actively going against it - and stilll be doing a good thing?

@Artsu I'm not sure what going against love is. I don't believe that acting with malice goes against love. I also don't see things in terms of good and bad

@Iksander Morality and principles are the shadows of "right action"  

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 20/07/2020 at 10:22 AM, Artsu said:

Well yes at a certain point, a person/spirit loses the desire to sin, so they are always behaving morally. 

It’s not even the desire to sin that is lost. It’s more so the inclusiveness of consciousness is realised. One becomes more expansively identified. Thus, realising that whatever is harmed outside of them is also equally harmed within them.

Human morality is extremely limited by ignorance.  It is common to assume that people are in the wrong in some way because their behavior is outside of what is assumed to be normal.  This is how human morality, especially in a conformist sense, causes people to slip through the cracks and be seen as bad when they are trying to be good.  This can include people with mental disorders are are misunderstood with their unusual behavior.

Ignorance leads us to labeling things we don't understand "evil.". This makes me feel like morality is extremely dangerous if taken as an absolute.  Any sense of morality should be a tentative conclusion subject to change.  Otherwise the dangers and oversights will cause us a ton of suffering.  Only in these cases does morality seem stupid, arbitrary, dangerous, and crazy.