Eren Eeager

Would we at a certain point Stop having children?

32 posts in this topic

@IJB063

30 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

IQ is the best proven measure of intelligence, most others are pseudo science

''Proven'' ? You're giving authority to whom, for trying to quantify something as multidimensional and infinite as intelligence ? 

''Pseudo science'' ? What do you think science actually is ? And even in the conventional sense you're talking  about it, anything not conforming becomes outcasted ? Because science is some sort of highest Truth ? You're aware of the lots (and lots) of limits and assumtions and chimpery within science, right ? 

1 hour ago, IJB063 said:

The more rational and caring a person is the more they contemplate the ramifications of bringing another human being into this world and burdening them with existence

''Burdening them with existence'' ? 

I suggest you some serious spiritual contemplation.

(Btw it'll be interesting if you list some of those ''ramifications'')

Edited by Kross

11 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Moon

IQ is the best proven measure of intelligence, most others are pseudo science

IQ is a stage orange tool, yes it can be good for giving an idea of a limited sort of intelligence

but intelligence itself is broad and there are different types, and IQ doesn't have much correlation with wisdom/consciousness (except if you're looking at stage orange and below perhaps...)

and also...it's a possibility that people with very high IQs/very rational minds lack the emotional/empathetic abilities to be good parents in the first place

Having something goes inside you for 9 months, fuck with your hormones and mind, then you have to take care of it for the rest of your life, fuck that

The first part not so much...but imagine having a lil mini me who you could share you life with :D:x

I feel like seeing cute babies and family channels on YT somewhat satisfies me for now hahaha 

in all likelihood you’ll be miserable from your 40s to your death if you don’t.

that's a bad reason for wanting kids IMO, women should find how to be happy regardless of having kids or a partner first! Then having either of those things on top is a bonus! :D

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Kross

13 minutes ago, Kross said:

Proven''

Yes, best model for intelligence we have currently is IQ

You're giving authority to whom

The scientific process

and don’t say whom, it’s antiquated, makes you seem pretentious  

some of those ''ramifications

Death and suffering

@Moon

13 minutes ago, Moon said:

IQ is a stage orange tool

It’s a stage correct tool

idea of a limited sort of intelligence

Words and concept aren’t useful if they’re not limited, they get there uses in their limitations 

IQ doesn't have much correlation with wisdom/consciousness

Sure but it does correlate with civility, industriousness, pro social behaviour etc... that you would generally consider to be more conscious than your average person

high IQs/very rational minds lack the emotional/empathetic abilities to be good parents in the first place

That’s where women come into the picture

Joking

kinda

The first part not so much...but imagine having a lil mini me who you could share you life with :D:x

I feel like seeing cute babies and family channels on YT somewhat satisfies me for now hahaha 

Yeah that’s nature, most people want their own clone

that's a bad reason for wanting kids IMO, women should find how to be happy regardless of having kids or a partner first! Then having either of those things on top is a bonus! :D

Wanting to have a happy life isn’t a bad reason to have kids

Edited by IJB063

1 hour ago, DivineSoda said:

Yea we'll stop. Much sooner than that. Infertility will be the cause. Something like the movie Children of Men. 

Heard this recently. Bill Gates will make us infertile with vaccines.

No wonder they called you a conspiracy theorists.

@IJB063 You are stuck in orange. Having a child can be a incredibly positive experience. You probably saw some negative examples in your life. I was similar i wanted to forbid stupid people to reproduce. But better way is to educate and raise consciousness of everyone. 

@Opo

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

probably saw some negative examples in your life

The worlds a negative example, everything starts with the child

3 minutes ago, Opo said:

But better way is to educate and raise consciousness of everyone. 

Yeah, and only those conscious and educated people should breed

Also hail lord Keanu  

I think I found the answer. 

It is No, we will not stop having kids.

But it will be less of something we do to reproduce and more of loving to share this beautiful world with more human beings

Another idea is that maybe in the future we will stop being parents individually and the whole society will be the "parents",  we will design artificial wombs and there will be no real parents as the whole society will share in upbringing those babies, greeeen society of course.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

10 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

The scientific process

hahahaha please show me one scientific study that objectively proves that iq is the best measure of intelligence. What specifically does it even measure?

lmao jesus

@KrossSure but it does correlate with civility, industriousness, pro social behaviour etc... that you would generally consider to be more conscious than your average person

says who

12 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

Joking

kinda

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@IJB063 Just because IQ is significant statistically doesn't make it this godly measuring stick for human worth. IQ correlates with a shit tonne of things, and sure you can fairly confidently say quite a few of those things are causation rather than just correlation based. Even if that is true, you seem to appreciate no other nuance about the situation. And you seem to be all the much too eager to use these facts in the service of your political narrative. Genuine question, no sarcasm here. Do you view most of the people giving criticisms to you on this topic as cucked and "not based"?

Yes, best model for intelligence we have currently is IQ

The scientific process

and don’t say whom, it’s antiquated, makes you seem pretentious

IQ is a statistical force and predictor. This doesn't make modern science, and it's associated ideological culture/circlejerk which you seem to be unaware of, or IQ to be the divine authority over metaphysics, philosophy and truth. Put IQ in it's proper place as a partial truth and statistical force for outcomes. 
This is also a point but cba to go into it fully. Perceived value and the worth of IQ for life outcomes is shaped by whatever standards the people interpreting the data hold. Western thought and empiricists are concerned with very crude things like GDP as measures of success and brilliance. And also bear in mind that society can be shaped in such a way that only certain types of people flourish but others don't, in a one size fits all approach.

Statistical forces and correlations in these IQ studies say absolutely nothing about the deeper workings of human brains or consciousness. But you seem to ignore that in your worldview, and now you've reduced something first order to reality like intelligence to something as silly as IQ and these shitty little studies. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

23 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

Fair enough...you'll grow :D

Joking

kinda

Of course, and the less common men with these qualities

Wanting to have a happy life isn’t a bad reason to have kids

There are many people who are unhappy despite having kids, if you look for happiness outside of yourself to cover up your wounds, you'll never be happy (temporarily at best)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

32 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

Another idea is that maybe in the future we will stop being parents individually and the whole society will be the "parents",  we will design artificial wombs and there will be no real parents as the whole society will share in upbringing those babies, greeeen society of course.

hmmm... this used to be a thing is some cultures, might still be...like in stage purple African communities 

"It takes a village to raise a child"

On 17/07/2020 at 11:40 PM, Eren Eeager said:

What do you think guys? it seems the more conscious a human being the less he is  likely to have children. 

would we stop having children, maybe in a thousand or ten thousand years?

It’s more the question of what will norm in their place. Probably AI machinery or cyborg humans. Nonetheless, humans will be genetically engineered to some degree to go on existing without the need to humanly produced. We are far too greedy for any such thing to not exist.