Zak

The Cult Mega-Thread

32 posts in this topic

I am making this thread under the topic of cult. Of course it includes all topics related to it, cult psychology, cult leaders, cult examples and cult escape stories.

Here is a really good video about cult to begin with.

What other cults do you know? 

Edited by Zak

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

Cult Explained!

Some cult leaders:

Osho:

Rasputin

Jim Jones 

Good. A cult mega-thread is a great idea.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura Thanks! Can you please pin it as well so everyone can see it. If only you would like and is possible. :)

@Zak I'll add a featured tag to it if it actually becomes good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Dryas Wow that was a nice story covered about a sub-reddit new age cult leader Chris Cantelmo. He may have suffered from psychosis and people alos say he was schizophrenic.

The dude is dead now. 

QUESTION: Is Leo a cult leader?

Can you guys please ease my heart by mentioning some facts that makes him not a cult leader? 

Sucks I sometimes question his work and his demeanor if weather he is or not a cult leader. I probably like his teaching more than anyone on the forum. But I had to mention this. Thanks

(Leo is you are watching, please don't mind. It is not against you or is an attack) :)

Leo is not a cult leader. 

Leo is simply giving theories for you to work on.. He shares his insights through forum, blog and video. 

He does not impose or demand you do things a certain way. You are always allowed to have a different opinion on him

Look at how many clashes happen on this forum, that should give you an idea that this is not a cult. 

In the future, in fact, there will be more and more clashes on this forum. Watch 

An example of a cult is this 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Does anyone remember a couple of years back this cult called NXIVM with Alison Mack (that blonde girl from Smallville)? She got arrested. So it was an MLM, it did personal development type seminars, but it was also a "sex cult", did sex trafficking supposedly, etc. I remember hearing about how women were supposedly branded with the leader's initials. He also got arrested.

It was like some fucked up, real-life "Story of O" shit.

No I don't know the case but MLM is already a cult. These guys are good with bending reality. 

@Zak He is not saying that HE is special; that you MUST do this or that in a dogmatic way, especially that you MUST follow HIS work, nothing else (OR ELSE) bla bla;

When you're talking about what you SHOULD do to deepen your loving awareness, you're bound to be misunderstood, or sound dogmatic. It's just a language thing.

And what i found from understanding my own doubts and skepticism of Leo and every master that i listen to and research, is that ego was looking for the smallest piece of evidence that the person isn't perfect, so that it can dismiss him/her and their teachings completely, thus successfully avoiding spiritual work. 

Make sure that you're working with your own light and shadow and then maybe you will be secure enough in yourself to not need  anyone else to meet some silly standard of perfection so that you can project your big bro/daddy issues onto them.

Much Love, my friend :) 

1 hour ago, Zak said:

Can you guys please ease my heart by mentioning some facts that makes him not a cult leader? 

Sucks I sometimes question his work and his demeanor if weather he is or not a cult leader. I probably like his teaching more than anyone on the forum. But I had to mention this. Thanks

(Leo is you are watching, please don't mind. It is not against you or is an attack) :)

No he is not a cult leader. One has to train 10k hours to get to that level as a master. So he needs some time :)

30 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Does anyone remember a couple of years back this cult called NXIVM with Alison Mack (that blonde girl from Smallville)?

Yeah that sex cult which was founded by Keith Raniere. Damn in there people used to get some sort of tattos on their skin that represented they belong to NXIVM. Shitty stuff 

2 hours ago, Zak said:

@Leo Gura@Zak is asking you : ARE YOU A CULT LEADER?! The forum wants to know!!

Not the best question to ask on here.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Read the comments to they had the video taken down this is a reupload.

Seems like this dude had fun down there. ;)

WOW this Indian cult.

These Indians :D

On 7/15/2020 at 9:34 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Does this count

Not really.

Would Mooji be considered a cult leader? He seems very non-manipulating but his following is creepily cult-like.