Anderz

Is Leo's view of time correct?

223 posts in this topic

@Member I predict that time travel is impossible. We will see. I was glad to see that in the Wolfram model they have separated time and space.

Particles can be entangled through time!

"You thought quantum mechanics was weird: check out entangled time

... Previous experiments involving a technique called ‘entanglement swapping’ had already showed quantum correlations across time, by delaying the measurement of one of the coexisting entangled particles; but Eli Megidish and his collaborators were the first to show entanglement between photons whose lifespans did not overlap at all." - Aeon, Feb 2, 2018

With the universe being a result of an Omega number, such entanglement through time is possible, because cause and effect can be a result of the Omega number itself as a whole. I wonder how the Wolfram project will deal with time entanglement since they only have a simple algorithm with cause and effect only going from past to future.

I suspect that the top mainstream scientists know that Einstein's relativity is false, but they are stuck with it because to admit that would harm the credibility of established science and academia. So if a top physicist would claim publicly and officially that Einstein's relativity is completely wrong, he or she would be burned at the stake, metaphorically speaking. Not even an Omega number can produce Einstein's relativity because that would be like trying to make 2+2 = 5. Which basically is what the superstring theories attempt to accomplish.

@Anderz Time travel depicted in sci-fi is shit imho, we have no idea what that means actually. We can only imagine that we're switching between sceneries and teleport to some utterly alien place where lots of weird lifeforms exist. I think it's way more strange than that. And it's not only about being able to manipulate spacetime, it's about evolution - be it either spiritually, physically or whatever. We just assume that evolution requires some kind of mutation or genetic engineering that occurs in a objective 3D spacetime reality but what if it's all in the mind?

Edited by Member

@Member But Mind evolves! At least when Mind means all of manifested reality. Mind = consciousness + content = all of manifested reality, including animate and inanimate objects, evolution and so on.

I guess nonlocal teleportation is possible. And all kinds of miracles, including those mentioned in the Bible. Because the content in consciousness is just information. What is possible in video games and in Hollywood movies is in theory possible in reality. Except time travel! At least not real time travel away from the now, although very accurately simulated time travel is possible in theory into the past. Time travel into the future isn't even possible to simulate because of computational irreducibility. It's impossible to fully predict what will happen in the future. The past on the other hand exists as timeless and indestructible information in the now and is in theory available.

7 hours ago, Artsu said:

@tsuki surely there is the possibility of time being real as a something, isnt there? Its just that knowledge of the present precedes knowledge of time.

"Not being as something" does not imply being unreal. You cannot experience it though.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Member My view is more like what Leo has talked about. Sure there is the human body, other humans, animals, plants and immaterial objects. But all of that is mind! There isn't as I see it mind plus matter. Instead matter is mind, or more precisely, physical matter is information in consciousness.

And even without consciousness, physical matter is information. That's my view. And evolution is a result of increasing complexity. At the beginning of time there was zero manifested complexity, and then complexity expanded more and more until today where we have humans, technology and in the future even more complex states.

Mind needs consciousness, but consciousness doesn't need a brain. In an out-of-body experience (OBE) consciousness manifests in the vacuum energy of space. Leo even goes one step further than me and says that brains don't even exist:

@Anderz But Leo also says that it's all relative. As for the OBE, you still have a body otherwise you won't be able to perceive spacetime from a 3D perspective. Btw, recently I just found this idea that you can activate a light vehicle or Merkabah to travel to another dimensions, which I thought is fascinating. It would be amazing to have some hidden force that once enabled to be able to trancend this spacetime reality... but God knows what happens next hahaha.

@Member For me time is an absolute timeline. And an OBE to me means that consciousness actually manifests in space. If someone cremated the body during an OBE, the OBE would still go on. That's a bit scary, because it makes ghosts a possibility, haha.

What do I mean by change being no change? It depends on perspective, infinite or finite. Take for example the constant Pi = 3.14159265... and list all the decimals of Pi. Listing all the decimals of Pi produces change since the list never ends (there is no last decimal of Pi). And at the same time Pi is a constant so there is no change.

Similarly, time is a result of listing an Omega number, not one decimal at a time, but in larger and larger chunks of decimals, because the graph of reality expands hyper-exponentially or what to call it. Time is not relative. Time is a finite perspective.

Psychedelics are interesting in relation to time and what reality is. Leo mentioned the experience of time speeding up. And let's say that a person on psychedelics experiences a car turning into a horse. Is that just a hallucination in the brain? Not necessarily. Because the experience is a result of all the underlying and interconnected information of reality.

Even astral travel is possible in theory, and an astral trip experienced as one hour could potentially only take one minute in the time scale of our universe. And that's minor stuff. What in the Hindu traditions are called siddhis are supernatural abilities in the real world.

"The Visuddhimagga is one of the texts to give explicit details about how spiritual masters were thought to actually manifest supernormal abilities.[3] It states that abilities such as flying through the air, walking through solid obstructions, diving into the ground, walking on water and so forth are achieved through changing one element, such as earth, into another element, such as air.[3] The individual must master kasina meditation before this is possible.[3] Dipa Ma, who trained via the Visuddhimagga, was said to demonstrate these abilities.[4]" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

Sadhguru recommends to not be concerned about siddhis, and that's probably because humanity is generally not developed enough yet to handle such things. He also said that he could predict the future. Could that be possible in theory? In general I think no, but there can be certain correlations through time (like the quantum entangled particles demonstrated in a laboratory) allowing prediction of the future in certain particular situations, depending on the timeless and causal nature of the Omega number.

In eastern traditions they also have something called karma, and kind of reap what you sow spiritual law. How can karma function if the past is only now? My answer is that karma is a result of actions done by an individual. And notice, since everything is an interconnected wholeness, an individual is a fiction. So karma is the result of past fiction, real actions but done in a delusional state.

Why the need for karma if it's a fiction? The answer is that karma is needed as a developmental tool. Reality tricks itself to experience separation in order to produce individuality, uniqueness, development, growth and creativity. This is the fall of humanity in Christianity. The whole individual is sin. The word sin means to miss the mark, meaning the belief that separation actually is real and possible.

Without the trick of sin, humanity would have remained living in nature. But also, sin is only necessary during a stage of development, and now it's time for us to return to oneness, not undifferentiated oneness as in the animal state, but an integration of individuality and oneness.

5 hours ago, Anderz said:

Could that be possible in theory? In general I think no

Clairvoyance is a very common siddhi. Hence all those fortunetellers and psychics shops around town.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Anderz said:

I suspect that the top mainstream scientists know that Einstein's relativity is false, but they are stuck with it because to admit that would harm the credibility of established science and academia. So if a top physicist would claim publicly and officially that Einstein's relativity is completely wrong, he or she would be burned at the stake, metaphorically speaking.

I thought it was generally accepted that his theory doesnt hold true in every aspect of reality (for example gravity with really small entities).

9 hours ago, Member said:

@Anderz Time travel depicted in sci-fi is shit imho, we have no idea what that means actually.

Have you seen Primer (2004)? If you are interested in time travel movies, this one is a must!

36 minutes ago, universe said:

I thought it was generally accepted that his theory doesnt hold true in every aspect of reality (for example gravity with really small entities).

I didn't know that, but yeah, superstring theories and quantum loop gravity are maybe still unconfirmed. Good point.

9 hours ago, Anderz said:

Sadhguru recommends to not be concerned about siddhis, and that's probably because humanity is generally not developed enough yet to handle such things. He also said that he could predict the future. Could that be possible in theory? In general I think no, but there can be certain correlations through time (like the quantum entangled particles demonstrated in a laboratory) allowing prediction of the future in certain particular situations, depending on the timeless and causal nature of the Omega number.

I think that I was born with siddhis and I doubt that my consciousness was advanced since birth. In my opinion, it is a cluster of many factors such as environment, mindset, food, air, health etc. Most likely, humans already have the potential but don't use it because they are not aware of it or don't know how it works. It should come effortlessly, so it's not really an act of will. As for the future, sure there are correlations but there may be infinite future realities. Let's say that you meet an alien and it shows its world inside a really advanced simulation, it's just the same as time travel since you are in its future.

3 hours ago, universe said:

Have you seen Primer (2004)? If you are interested in time travel movies, this one is a must!

I wanted to re-watch it yesterday lol. I have seen it a few years ago but I don't remember much.

Edited by Member

@Member I think of reality as just one single timeline. That might seem very limiting but imagine what is possible in a computer game. I agree with Leo that our reality is NOT a computer simulation but it's useful to think of reality as an infinite computer. For example when the first lifeforms appeared on Earth some 4 billion years ago, that was a radical leap in the level of complexity.

Similarly, in the future major leaps of complexity increase can lead to all kinds of possible future scenarios. Siddhis are then only a small precursor of what will become possible. And for example astral travel today I see that as still being done within the same one single timeline! So reality can shift suddenly and be experienced in all kinds of ways depending on the level of the person's consciousness, all within a single universal timeline.

My reasoning is that if there is a split into another timeline, who makes that split? If reality as a whole is changeless, which I argue, then reality as a whole cannot change itself. And the manifested and the unmanifested are one, so nothing manifested can make any change either.

@Anderz To me, reality is more like an intersection of timelines like a vast network of information held in a complex matrix (similar to Indra's net) where consciousness is like an antenna picking up different signals across the infinite spacetime reality. Therefore, the complexity increase represents just the level of consciousness that doesn't depend on the finite homo sapiens perspective. If that is true, we are actually beings of light where body is just an interface so that we can interact with one another and exchange information.

@Member Your view sounds similar to Leo's view of time. I have a problem grasping that view. Time being a result of a changeless foundation makes more sense to me. And with consciousness being the infinite changeless reality experiencing itself in finite form makes all parts one: 1) the unmanifested, 2) the manifested and 3) consciousness. The problem I have with multiple timelines is that I don't see how any choice-making function can exist that can alter reality by whim, choice or randomness.