Red-White-Light

Solipsism is True!

664 posts in this topic

@Someone here How are they two separate issues? You don't perceive me doing philosophy. The only thing you perceive of me is the words I post here. No more, no less. And the rest is your imagination. If I am capable of doing philosophy, that means that I exist as a self-aware person. But you don't perceive that internal process. Therefore, you doubt that I exist. You've cornered yourself into a metaphysical dilemma. And now you're left with two choices: you either have to drop solipsism and admit that others exist. Or you can deny otherness and live a soulless life that is merely appearances without a substance. And btw, anything less than that is hypocrisy.

P.S. I do philosophy more than you could possibly imagine. I was only playing with you to show you how you're deceiving yourself.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Someone here

And why you don't use this method to verify that you are dreaming when you are dreaming?  If it's so easy like that why you get fooled and will continue to get fooled for the rest of your life every day when you are dreaming thinking that those dreams are real (as you are living them)? 

I will not answer to everything since it's better to focus on something specific. 

About this statement, I'm not sure if you know, but there is a way for you to realise you're dreaming while in a dream - Lucid dreaming. I have done this intuitively as a kid, and now as an adult I've taught myself to do it through Charlie Morley's book "Dreams of Awakening". There are many "reality checks" which one can perform in order to find out they are in a dream.

For example one way to check if you're dreaming (yes I've done it with success) is to check  your hand in the dream. Just flip your hand over a couple of times, first see the back of the hand then the palm and so on. Your mind will not be able to render a realistic version of this, since your hand is a very complex thing. Instead of a hand you will see some abnormality. My hand turned into an elephant or fish or some other crazy thing I don't even remember... But once a part of my dream body turns into this I know I'm dreaming. 

But only once you perform this check consciously you realise you're dreaming. Before that even if you see an elephant riding a bike, you will not notice it's not logical, simply because the logical part of your mind is turned off during REM sleep. 

I can verify that I am in a dream or waking reality by reading a text also. In a dream if you try to read something, the text will start moving around the screen and keep changing all the time. I've used this reality check also with success once, when I dreamt the screen of a tablet and realised I am in this strange ass dream, where I was just viewing a tablet, not even a human, just the tablet there, or was it a kindle? I have no clue! It was awesome tho. 

I can also do some math here and conclude this is not a dream. Absolutely impossible to do math in a dream. (Again, this is because your logical part of the brain is turned off or at least working at a minimum during REM) .

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

12 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Get back to me in 30 years...

I'm chained to the computer too.... semi-boring movie called actualized.org

xD

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Gemini, my brother is Gemini. 

So self oriented but good. 

1 minute ago, Johnny5 said:

Yes, but see also what @traveler wrote.

One day hopefully you won't need to read the stars anymore in order to read the universe.

I think it is fun...no more no less.

Hope my tarot reader was right, LOL xD 

She saw some kind of transformation coming. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

3 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Have you had some major awakening experience? 

Sorry I was too busy to follow our forum recently. 

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Galyna

Well I am Self Realized. 

But Leo says there is more to it. Makes me curious. I do love this stuff. 

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well I am Self Realized. 

But Leo says there is more to it. Makes me curious. I do love this stuff. 

ok, so my favorite question would be: " are others are real?" xD

I have never seen you starting a thread "I am done, ask me anything..."xDxD

Edited by Galyna

Well others are you since you are God. There ain't no others. Everything is literally /actually Love. Like actually. So peeps are not cartboard cutouts or visions. 

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

@Someone here How are they two separate issues? You don't perceive me doing philosophy.

I don't. That's true.

The only thing you perceive of me is the words I post here. No more, no less. And the rest is your imagination.

Again true. And that's why there is a discussion about solopsism in the first place.   Because from one's POV he can't verify the existence of independent other POVs. 

If I am capable of doing philosophy, that means that I exist as a self-aware person. But you don't perceive that internal process. Therefore, you doubt that I exist. You've cornered yourself into a metaphysical dilemma.

And now you're left with two choices: you either have to drop solipsism and admit that others exist. Or you can deny otherness and live a soulless life that is merely appearances without a substance. And btw, anything less than that is hypocrisy.

And I already told you that I'm doing the first.  

P.S. I do philosophy more than you could possibly imagine. I was only playing with you to show you how you're deceiving yourself.

OK. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

Llol.  So your evidence that I'm aware is that I say that I'm aware??  By the same logic you can take my word for anything I say just because I simply said it?!! 

Look, I don't have evidence that you are aware, but you have evidence that you are aware. An AI robot even if taught the lango will not have evidence that they are aware. 

I know that I am aware and have a subjective experience. I see myself in the mirror. Then I notice you are a human as well, with a head, 2 hands and 2 feet. 5 fingers most likely, 5 on the leg (unless some abnormalities). Look how many things I can deduce about you just by knowing you typed on this forum? You most definitely have thumbs. And also, most definitely have awareness. 

How do I know? Call me a psychic.  (but the trick is to view your experience and assume the obvious - it is outrageous and arrogant to believe that you have no awareness of your own and are merely there as an object in my consciousness)

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

Well others are you since you are God. There ain't no others. Everything is literally /actually Love. Like actually. So peeps are not cartboard cutouts or visions. 

And someone please tell me what does that mean in any language possible? 

-Osho

Just now, Johnny5 said:

No idea what peeps you talkin bout my self-realized zero guy.

• So you become solipsist as of now? 

You have no idea what anyone perceives.

I don't. I am still just a vision for them

2 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

What do you see coming?

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Look, I don't have evidence that you are aware. 

3 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Case closed. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That's the Truth about you. What you really are and everything is. Pure Infinite Love. Maybe you will remember or don't, up to you. 

@Someone here

That's assuming that you already know what is the dream and how it gets created. This is just an assumption that you made with no ground to support it.  

Funnily enough this is actually also something that I have had a glimpse into. There is something called the hypnagogic state, which happens right before you go into REM sleep. In this state colours begin to flash and you experience the dream creation process. It's fascinating and it feels like you are surfing on the waves of your imagination. But if you are not aware enough, you will fall unconscious as the dream starts and not realise you are dreaming. But if you surf well enough, you will get an epic lucid dream. 

If you've never had a lucid dream you have not lived! The freedom this gives. And the first thing most humans do when they have a lucid dream is to fly. You will do it as well I can almost bet. It feels like the best thing you can do, once you realise you're dreaming. You'll see! try it. Try lucid dreaming 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Case closed. 

Case reopened cause u have the evidence and not giving it to the court. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

6 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

That's the Truth about you. What you really are and everything is. Pure Infinite Love. Maybe you will remember or don't, up to you. 

12 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Everything is exactly what it is my man.    Once you attach any one single word to "everything" just know that you are full of  (u know what). 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

You really wanna drag all that baggage into the equation?

Oh c'mon what equation. We are watching low quality movie right now. No hot witches, that would save the day. 

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Everything is exactly what it is my man.    Once you attach any one single word to "everything" just know that you are full (u know what). 

Full of shit. Oh c'mon say it. Yes I am in so many ways I am but about this I am not. Still chasin' those unicorns no worries. 

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@zeroISinfinity

Please, Do not reply back to his question, he doesn't reply to mine!

Edited by Galyna

18 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

What do you see coming?

I see I will achieve this state of my being when I realize my true nature. :) 

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Case reopened cause u have the evidence and not giving it to the court. 

LOL, this made my day.